Cgy At Ssk

They started off great last year too.

I wouldn't quite say that - the team played really well but their rushing took a while to develop...

Either way, so how is this an indictment of Labatte's play?  He left, he's still good and that's the way it is... let's not pretend that things are different.

Okay, you got me... Labatte was a CFL West All-star but our line was better - even though Sheets had over 1200 yards - than Sask's last year so its a bad signing.  Okay.

I'm not arguing that Sask's line was good last year... just saying, that Labatte was still good even if not his best.  I mean Sask was breaking in a new NI tackle... that's growing pains. 

Why say the Labatte signing was not working out - when a. they were under the cap, b. they haven't cut any OL and c. they are doing great this year

I guess the funny part is that somehow Labatte was going to Sask no matter what but Taman still overpaid for him... and somehow stayed under the cap.  Weird how that works... You would have thought Taman could have save some $$ since Mack had no chance of re-signing Labatte...  that guy is an idiot.

a. I'm not going to look at all-star recognition for offensive linemen because the voters base their votes almost entirely on reputation. you think a beat reporter has time to grade out offensive lineman? sadly, I do and even with my extremely limited knowledge, it was obvious that Labatte had a down year

b. go ask the Rider community what they thought of Labatte's performance last year.

c. I won't knock his run blocking because he was great at it last year and always has been, but his pass protection left a LOT to be desired last year.

a. I'm not going to look at all-star recognition for offensive linemen because the voters base their votes almost entirely on reputation. you think a beat reporter has time to grade out offensive lineman? sadly, I do and even with my extremely limited knowledge, it was obvious that Labatte had a down year

b. go ask the Rider community what they thought of Labatte's performance last year.

c. I won't knock his run blocking because he was great at it last year and always has been, but his pass protection left a LOT to be desired last year.

And I agree, he wasn't at his best last year...  this year, lookin' pretty good though.