I want to talk about something that really grinds my gears

Mike

Do you guys think this is a game or something?

This is a legitimate concern.

Have you ever taken a look the back of a box and bag to see if they are made at the same place?  My guess would be they are.

I have wondered why Old Dutch makes the Onion & Garlic flavour in a box, but not a bag.  Same thing with the Sour Cream & Onion, non-rippled.

You have me curious now Mike, I'll have to get a box and a bag of BBQ chips after work. Does the bag flavour have less of a kick than the box?

It's an entirely different taste altogether.

The box flavor is an original, unique, rich, appetizing, glorious flavor.

The bag tastes like ...  generic BBQ flavor

Ranks right up there with not enough raisins in Raisin Brand and the lack of cashews in mixed nuts.

Welcome to a day in my life.

Ranks right up there with not enough raisins in Raisin Brand and the lack of cashews in mixed nuts.

Or how about when Reese's made the size of peanut butter cups smaller and expected nobody to notice?

Or how about the Mars bars?  WTF happened with that.  Now suddenly it is like the size of the stupid 100 calorie ones.

Why are halloween candy packages smaller than they used to be, but we pay more money for less candy!?!

the companies even justify it by saying the customers prefer the smaller sizes... because if they left the sizes they same they'd raise prices and customers hate rising prices. 

Or how about the Mars bars?  WTF happened with that.  Now suddenly it is like the size of the stupid 100 calorie ones.

Why are halloween candy packages smaller than they used to be, but we pay more money for less candy!?!

the companies even justify it by saying the customers prefer the smaller sizes... because if they left the sizes they same they'd raise prices and customers hate rising prices. 

It's also up to them to keep us from getting fat(ter). They know what's best for us.

Or how about when Reese's made the size of peanut butter cups smaller and expected nobody to notice?

I didn't notice. Then again, this thread makes it clear where my priorities lie.

Old Dutch in the US is drastically different too.  I always catch flak for my fascination with the difference in junk food between Canada and the US.  For instance, stopped at an A & W in Wisconsin last summer, and it's a completely different restaurant from what it is in Canada, mostly hot dogs and no burger family.  Apparently I was supposed to be more fascinated with the tall buildings in Chicago or the Mall of America, but this is what I still talk about.

Weird.  The A&Ws out here in Seattle definitely have the burger family.

Speaking of Canadian vs. American junk food -- I really wish there were Harvey's down here.  I miss having my hamburgers be a beautiful thing. 

When I was back in Ottawa last year the first thing I did was ask our hotel concierge where I could find the nearest Harvey's, and they were a little surprised at that question, I don't think they'd heard it before.

Also I miss Big Turks, wine gums, and licorice that doesn't taste like wire insulation.

Weird.  The A&Ws out here in Seattle definitely have the burger family.

Speaking of Canadian vs. American junk food -- I really wish there were Harvey's down here.  I miss having my hamburgers be a beautiful thing. 

When I was back in Ottawa last year the first thing I did was ask our hotel concierge where I could find the nearest Harvey's, and they were a little surprised at that question, I don't think they'd heard it before.

Also I miss Big Turks, wine gums, and licorice that doesn't taste like wire insulation.

There are websites for people like you:

http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

http://www.canadiansweets.com/

:)