Two Bomber signings

Tracker

with us not having any import RB of note right now, what about going NI at running back? Volny backed up by a draft pick this year, or an NI free agent we pick up. That would give us a lot of flexibility too.

I don't know that it's worth it. RB can be such a weapon I don't think the team is in such a position where they can go with "he'll do" at the position. Better off using a good import rb and throwing the scraps at some other position. 

Also, if you start a Canadian RB you need to have a capable Canadian RB so the ratio isn't affected if the starter goes down with injury. Cornish is a special player so the Stamps have to start him as he is a ratio buster.... If Winnipeg uses Volny as a starting back,  then we need a Canadian backup which we don't have. Therefore, Volny can't start. The only way Volny would really help us is if we somehow had Andrew Harris starting ahead of him. Over an entire season, Volny couldn't be our starting running back.  I agree, find an American back. 

Only way I want a Canadian at RB is if it's Harris.

What's going on with Noel Devine? if he'd come fairly cheap I'd be interested in him. I'd much rather have a back up RB returning than a back up receiver. He'd be an awesome RB to have in certain packages as well.

Only way I want a Canadian at RB is if it's Harris.

What's going on with Noel Devine? if he'd come fairly cheap I'd be interested in him. I'd much rather have a back up RB returning than a back up receiver. He'd be an awesome RB to have in certain packages as well.

The only thing easier to find than import RBs are import RBs who can't hold onto the ball.

A Canadian Running Back

IMO, there are several ways to make it work.

The obvious one would be a capable Canadian backup, but that seems unlikely

Or...

His backup could be an American who dresses as a DI and returns punts / kicks.  If the NI gets injured or needs a breather, one possibility would be a serviceable Canadian receiver who plays special teams and could replace an American receiver if need be.  Then the American RB can play.

Trying to force an NI RB into the lineup seems like a bad plan... Volny is a huge question mark and the only FA available is Woodson...

Our ratio-breaker has to be at RT.  If none of Neufeld, Pencer or Swiston can finally step up, then things are worse than any of us imagine.

4 NI OL, 1 Safety, 2 NI REC

Trying to force an NI RB into the lineup seems like a bad plan... Volny is a huge question mark and the only FA available is Woodson...

Our ratio-breaker has to be at RT.  If none of Neufeld, Pencer or Swiston can finally step up, then things are worse than any of us imagine.

4 NI OL, 1 Safety, 2 NI REC

Remember, Morley is expected to start at centre this season, meaning 2 of Neufeld, Pencer and Swiston will need to start if we want to have 4 NI's on the OL.  If only one steps up and we end up starting Jarvis Jones at RT, then we will need to start either 2 NI DB's or a NI on the DL. 

Let's make sure we have 3 decent nip OL before we make the leap of faith to 4.

That's never how the ratio works. The ratio works by identifying your best 7 NIs and where you have depth and playing those guys. And here's the thing, it may not be great, but the do have the most NI depth on the o-line so it only makes sense that they are looking at 4 NIs on the o-line. 

I'm surprised there's no Anthony Coombs love if we we want an NI running back.

There's a better chance of the Bombers winning the Grey Cup in 2014 than Coombs starting for anyone at running back in 2014.  I think he'll be back with the Bisons, if he's unlucky he'll get stuck on someones PR, his best chance at football glory is 2014 with Yantz, Demski and the Bisons.  He's a project as a CFL player.  IMO if he turns out he'll end up being a less jacked version of a guy like Durie, he relies way too much on his crazy agility against CIS defenses, something he wouldn't be able to do in the CFL, more of a find the gap, hit the gap kind of running style needed play to play.

Gill and Demski are the bonafide CFLers on the Bisons right now.  Gill is who I would pick 2nd overall...unless he gets drafted by the NFL, best pick for now and the future.