Bombers To Stay In East?

Raydawg

It's the only sensible thing to do. With Ottawa having folded as many times as they have it's best to keep the bombers there rather than constantly flipping them back and forth. Plus who doesn't want to pick up the easy wins against an expansion team rather than slugging it out in the tougher conference?

We're a western team & that's where we should be. Can't have the mentality that the RedB... RedBl....RedBla.... errrr... that eastern team in Ottawa is going to fail. I swear I don't understand the way the CFL works & the thought processes behind their decisions sometimes.

Clip and save this so we dont have any "things woulda been different if the league didn't force us to stay in the East" down the road.

The Bombers might well have had a Grey Cup if they'd stayed in the east last time.... I mean the renegades and ticats both absolutely sucked at the time, the argos were no screaming hell and the bombers in 2002 and 2003 were actually solid teams but the west was so tough those years and in 2002 especially the esks just absolutely killed the bombers by injuring Stegall at the end of the regular season and roberts at the start of the west final... that's a real big what if year to me because I think the 02 team was actually better than the 01 team, just got put in a ***** of a conference. 

and to expand on that... I don't see the redblacks being great off the start since they're an expansion team, I see Montreal taking a step back once Calvillo retires and that's coming sooner or later, Hamilton hasn't made any significant progress in the win/loss record lately. The east is where I want to be in the next few years cause the west is still tough and there's poised to be a softer conference in the east IMO. 

Clip and save this so we dont have any "things woulda been different if the league didn't force us to stay in the East" down the road.

The Bombers are very clearly better off in the East than the West for the forseeable future. Ottawa won't be good for at least a few years, soon enough Montreal will be in decline and pardon me if Hamilton hasn't ever caused me to shake in my boots.

Great decision. Doug Brown wrote an article a year or two ago that said something to the affect of that the current generation of Bomber fans have grown up with the Eastern rivalries with the exception of Saskatchewan. One of the divisions has to have an uneven amount of teams, and it might as well be the East.

I know for myself personally, I much look forward to our games with Toronto, Hamilton and Montreal than those against BC, Calgary and Edmonton.

The eastern teams have not been a good draw for the Bombers. If they were to return to the west you would get Sask for potentially two home games. People need to realize that the Ottawa expansion draft will be significantly different this time around. Teams will not have the luxury of simply exposing 40 yr olds who are at the end of the line. The CFL cannot afford another failed attempt in Ottawa, hence the modified draft with each team losing a bonafide nip starter to stock Ottawa.