Matthews Questionable For Thursday

Jpan85

I bet he still plays.  He's a tough kid

I think it depends what the issue is, if it's a thing where it'll heal up with a week off they'll give him the first week off so he's 100% the rest of the way as opposed to playing and possibly playing on it hurt the entire way

That's a big loss if Matthews can't play. I like Anderson, and I want to see the guy succeed, but I'm just not confident with his catching abilities yet. However, he's been in Edwards spot all pre-season, so the coaches see something, and granted, they know more then me. I hope he preforms if he gets his chance. At least he should have some chemistry with Buck having been on the field with the first team offense all pre-season.

everyone should just be put into hyperbaric chambers or suspended animation between games, this practicing is just too damaging.  It was right around this time last year that Garrett blew out his Achilles leaving us with Bloi-Dei Dorzon as our only running back.  It would be nice if other teams had these kinds of problems for once.

Our receivers are becoming a problem area.  Edwards is chronically injured, but can play through it.  Anderson's been injured, Poblah, Kohlert, Matthews, Pierce.  Running out of bodies.

Edwards claims he's feeling good after getting surgery on the foot that has been bothering him for two seasons now... we'll see.  I'm not convinced Pierce is actually injured.

But I agree, it is looking a little thin.  We may end up with Etienne - Anderson - Edwards - Denmark all starting at the same time.  Definitely not physically imposing... lots of speed though.  Luckily Watson seems healthy, he adds some needed toughness.

Burke on Etienne:

-- Jade, it's time: Receiver Jade Etienne will be in a starting slotback spot for Thursday's opener. Burke said he's pleased for the third-year product of Regina.

"I'm really happy for him," Burke said. "He's really worked hard in the off-season, at training camp and mini-camp and all of that. He's matured greatly from when he first got here."

Etienne has taken advantage of his opportunity, some of it created when slotback Kito Poblah went out with an injury.

"It was up in the air when Kito got hurt," Burke said. "He's got all the reps now. If he goes out and does a great job, it's probably his job."