Schmoes Will Hold 2015 Tc In Fort Mcmurray

Infrastructure in this country sucks. A professional league now barnstorming in 5,000 seat venues? There just aren't enough pro size stadiums in this country. What would the Bombers have done had Canad Inns ever be condemned???  Where would the Bombers have played? I wonder if building inspectors in  Winnipeg, Regina & Hamilton ever looked the other way when they inspected those facilities?? I've been to Mosaic Stadium for LD weekend in the 70's, 80's & 90's & it was already a dump back then. Twenty years later it can't be any better. Even with the temporary renos last season. 

with the new TV deal, we're expected to break even... which would be remarkable since it would be the only time in many, many years that the Argos don't post a loss (aside from hosting GC years)

Don't take this the wrong way bluto, but i do question the Argos making money next season (not sure about the Ticats either but the new stadium should help I suppose). While the new tv deal is huge for the league and each team (reportedly around $2.5 million more per team), Braley reportedly lost $3 million on the Argos last season, before the Grey Cup profits came in. Plus the CBA ends this season as well, and you can bet that the players want their money as well.

The players better get the share of the pie in the new CBA. Glen Suitor was on Calgary radio last week saying he hopes the players don't get more money first but that the CFL expands the rosters. I don't like that idea. For years, the players have been getting the short end of the stick financially. Pay the players & then worry about extra roster positions. And get rid of arbitration when players are suspened.

Infrastructure in this country sucks. A professional league now barnstorming in 5,000 seat venues? There just aren't enough pro size stadiums in this country. What would the Bombers have done had Canad Inns ever be condemned???  Where would the Bombers have played? I wonder if building inspectors in  Winnipeg, Regina & Hamilton ever looked the other way when they inspected those facilities?? I've been to Mosaic Stadium for LD weekend in the 70's, 80's & 90's & it was already a dump back then. Twenty years later it can't be any better. Even with the temporary renos last season. 

We've got great football infrastructure here in the states.  There are high school stadiums where you could profitably host CFL games in places like Texas and Pennsylvania.

Mind you, the US has got some Third World health care going on, and occasionally an interstate bridge will just collapse, but goddamn do we have some great football stadiums in this country.

In Chicago, the mayor is closing 50 schools, all in black neighbourhoods but giving $50 million to De Paul University for construction of a new arena. Something wrong with that picture. I don't know how the political system in Chicago works but it seems like the mayor yields a lot of power. 

We've got great football infrastructure here in the states.  There are high school stadiums where you could profitably host CFL games in places like Texas and Pennsylvania.

Mind you, the US has got some Third World health care going on, and occasionally an interstate bridge will just collapse, but goddamn do we have some great football stadiums in this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKklog0T9a4

That being said, Louisiana is about as corrupt as it gets.  The US gave New Orleans billions to upgrade their dyke system and instead the politicians and their cronies all just pocketed the cash, so when Katrina hit the levees weren't nearly strong enough, and still made out of dirt. 

New Orleans... Chicago... DC... Toronto... sometimes the rot of corruption is ingrained in the culture.

i'll be at our little 6,000 person Exhibition tomorrow... maybe it won't be so bad and the Esks are making a good move.

New Orleans... Chicago... DC... Toronto... sometimes the rot of corruption is ingrained in the culture.

i'll be at our little 6,000 person Exhibition tomorrow... maybe it won't be so bad and the Esks are making a good move.

What's your take on Rob Ford?

Well, maybe I'll just open a new thread on Ford & let you have at it... ;)

better to not...

the Tavern's political animus at the 'Zone is part of the reason it died.

posters that know me, know where i stand already.