"What If..."

Noeller

I just can't see Wade hiring Khari as HC.  That would just be a foolish move on his part, and he'd be called out on it.  OC he MAY be able to get away with, but I'd rather see him as QB Coach for now until we see some proof in the pudding.  As much as I love Khari and want him to come back here in a big way, I just hope they don't jump the gun.  Hire your GM, let your GM hire the coach, and let your HC hire his group.  If Khari is in that mix then so be it.

Didnt the team announce just last week that thet werent allowed to make any moves until after the Cup?  Obviously they were wrong, but that was their own statement.  Didnt Miller just say like two days ago it would be 3-5 weeks to find a GM and *then* the GM would make the coaching decision?

After that, the CFL said that the 'lock down on announcements' starts tomorrow (Nov 14).

I sort of get the impression the Bombers had no intention of making this announcement yet.  That would explain their "the CFL wont let us make moves until after the Cup" snafu (why they thought no one would check on that is a good question).  But given Miller's "timeline", I think he wanted to unviel his "team" all at once.  Cant do that until Khari is available (if he's the HC).

That would also explain the love for Burke as DC.  If the Bombers know thats the direction they are going, they cant very well say the incoming HC has okayed the selection if they cant even hire that HC yet.  Probably wanted to present Walters, Khari and Burke together.

Any hesitancy about Khari as head coach is probably due to the very real crisis in Bomberville. We have had a series of bad coaches and at least one bad, very bad GM, and there is little room for error. One more round of debacles and the team would be looking at bankruptcy. Let us all pray hard that Wade Miller is the right man at the right time.

I knew what the Bombers were saying about announcements in November was bogus.

Fred Dobbs asked Darren Cameron and he said the deadline was tomorrow so what the Bombers said wasn't bogus.

Jacquie you even posted a message that said it was all of November.

And I admitted I was wrong after Fred's post.

I knew what the Bombers were saying about announcements in November was bogus.

Fred Dobbs asked Darren Cameron and he said the deadline was tomorrow so what the Bombers said wasn't bogus.

Jacquie you even posted a message that said it was all of November.

And I admitted I was wrong after Fred's post.

Never saw it. :)

It seems bad but the BoD really made one poor choice and that was hiring Joe Mack to "fix" everything.  You could argue Butchko was a bad BoD decision too but he was here such a short time and didnt seem to do anything anyway.  A lot of negative came out of the Mack hiring.  One would presume the BoD wanted a strong football guy to step into Lyle's shoes.  The Mike Kelly error was Lyle's (and had Kelly come in with a different attitude, who knows what might have happened) which the BoD moved quickly to rectify once the domestic charges came to light.

Let's hope Wade Miller is the hire the franchise needs.