Cfl Tells Bombers To Fix Press Box

I wouldn't say they got it totally wrong.  That's a bit of an overstatement to say the least.  There are a lot of great things about the place that were done right.  The open air concourse being one of them.

If you haven't seen the stadium yet live in person, you should before you make a bold statement like that.

TB, read my message again... I wasn't talking about the entire stadium, I was talking about the press box. :rolleyes:

Have the Bombers addressed this issue with the media, as in given an actual answer as to why it was designed/built this way? I heard it was cheaper at the time, but now they have to go back and fix it so how did it save them money?

Obviously, it didn't.

TB, read my message again... I wasn't talking about the entire stadium, I was talking about the press box. :rolleyes:

You referenced the stadium first did you not?  You asked “Who designed the stadium?” and then said “I agree that whoever did the design got it totally wrong.”   You mentioned the press box after that. 

I interpreted it based on how you wrote it.

if it were me I'd have built the media box facing the parking lot for all the good the local media does these days. If not for Bob Irving and Ed Tait those rare times he's on the football beat there ain't much for quality in that city.

No love for Penton ?

You referenced the stadium first did you not?  You asked “Who designed the stadium?” and then said “I agree that whoever did the design got it totally wrong.”   You mentioned the press box after that. 

I interpreted it based on how you wrote it.

Whatever. I guess I need to state the obvious even after the obvious has been stated.... The topic was about the press box not the stadium....

I get why they need it enclosed, just couldn't resist the dig at the media.

Better question, why didn't we build it right in the first place? I assume the league has guidelines or requirements.

Same question people with physical disabilities are asking on the news today.

Guess this kind of stuff is what you get when you build the cheapest pro football stadium and don't use one of the firms that actually specializes in stadiums (Populous, 360, Sink Combs Dethlefs (designers of MTS Centre and Shaw Park)).

Guess this kind of stuff is what you get when you build the cheapest pro football stadium and don't use one of the firms that actually specializes in stadiums (Populous, 360, Sink Combs Dethlefs (designers of MTS Centre and Shaw Park)

So, suddenly now the stadium is cheap???? WHAT are you talking about? The press box will get fixed. Whine,  whine, whine, whine, whine.

Whatever. I guess I need to state the obvious even after the obvious has been stated.... The topic was about the press box not the stadium....

If you had stated it once in your own post it would have been clear to know what you were talking about.  

Guess this kind of stuff is what you get when you build the cheapest pro football stadium and don't use one of the firms that actually specializes in stadiums (Populous, 360, Sink Combs Dethlefs (designers of MTS Centre and Shaw Park)).

And yet the MTS Centre had similar issues with the press box ..

So, suddenly now the stadium is cheap???? WHAT are you talking about? The press box will get fixed. Whine,  whine, whine, whine, whine.

The stadium has always been cheap.  It is the cheapest professional stadium per seat in North America.  That was actually a selling point when the controversy over the government loan was going on.

And yet the MTS Centre had similar issues with the press box ..

What issues?  They needed more space for a NHL team.  That's a pretty reasonable adaptation to make.  This stadium opened with inadequate press facilities for what it is being used for.  TSN and CJOB had to complain to get their broadcast booths done properly, one of the added costs that pushed it to $200 million from $190 million.

Never mind the issue of a poor location for the ore is as it was displaced for suites and premium seating. The open air business was a sheer design flaw and there is not enough current seating to facilitate the CFL requirements for media and hosting the Grey Cup. Is that strike 2 or strike 3. Gee did we ask the CFL what there requirements would be?

The stadium has always been cheap.  It is the cheapest professional stadium per seat in North America.  That was actually a selling point when the controversy over the government loan was going on.

You just keep on thinking it's cheap. I say you're daft.

Never mind the issue of a poor location for the ore is as it was displaced for suites and premium seating. The open air business was a sheer design flaw and there is not enough current seating to facilitate the CFL requirements for media and hosting the Grey Cup. Is that strike 2 or strike 3. Gee did we ask the CFL what there requirements would be?

you must be an angry bitter part of the media...