Cfl Tells Bombers To Fix Press Box

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/CFL-tells-Bombers-to-fix-press-box-211472251.html

I'm not sure as to what NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly has to do with this though.

It wasn't very well spelled out, but I think the Bill Daly quote had to do with whether or not the current press box would stop the stadium from hosting a heritage classic hockey game.

It wasn't very well spelled out, but I think the Bill Daly quote had to do with whether or not the current press box would stop the stadium from hosting a heritage classic hockey game.

That's how I took it as well, but I would hope the issue would be fixed before a Grey Cup or Heritage Classic.

Shouldn't the NHL worry about Phoenix, Florida etc having NO fans?

Still confuses the crap out of me. and the funny thing is Seattle looks to be in the lead for relocation.

they must have changed the article because it now says

"NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said his league would simply absorb the cost of creating its own indoor press box if Winnipeg was granted an outdoor game and the situation had not been rectified.

"We put a lot of money into fitting out stadiums," said Daly. "Part of the cost of doing business. Not a big deal."

not exactly ambiguous

"NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said his league would simply absorb the cost of creating its own indoor press box if Winnipeg was granted an outdoor game and the situation had not been rectified.

"We put a lot of money into fitting out stadiums," said Daly. "Part of the cost of doing business. Not a big deal."

not exactly ambiguous

It was my mistake I intially read it wrong.

not exactly ambiguous

so theres the solution right there... wait it out, nhl will pay.  its so the winnipeg way :D

Can't chalk this one up to whiny WPG media  - there's definitely a screw up here, cant be hard to fix ?

just rebuild the thing to snuff for the leagues spec.  we had to do it already with MTS centre so i doubt it will be complicated. just costly.. also, how to do it so it doesnt look like an eyesore..

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/CFL-tells-Bombers-to-fix-press-box-211472251.html

I'm not sure as to what NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly has to do with this though.

Outdoor game sanctioned  by the NHL. Maybe the Bombers are hoping we get an outdoor game & the NHL pays for the upgrades. Pressbox has to be fixed. Reporters can't be expected to do their jobs outdoors. I read somewhere Joe Mack told the powers that be that the pressbox was substandard but they wouldn't listen.

Shouldn't the CFL worry first about Hamilton and Toronto building real stadiums? Shouldn't the NHL worry about Phoenix, Florida etc having NO fans?

Poor officiating, getting one owner for each the Lions and the Argos, a permanent home for the Ti-cats, not to mention the 101st Grey cup should all be priorities for the CFL, not wither Gary Lawless can enjoy a Big Mac in November. 

Shouldn't the CFL worry first about Hamilton and Toronto building real stadiums? Shouldn't the NHL worry about Phoenix, Florida etc having NO fans?

Poor officiating, getting one owner for each the Lions and the Argos, a permanent home for the Ti-cats, not to mention the 101st Grey cup should all be priorities for the CFL, not wither Gary Lawless can enjoy a Big Mac in November

Jeez, don't let your hate for Lawless, Friesen or Westwood cloud your judgement..

This is exactly the result of letting someone who has no clue design a 200 million dollar facility. While a acknowledge that this project would still be a parking lot if not for Asper, he should have then hired a stadium design architect and not someone with zero knowledge. The press box is only one small highly visible error. One of a multitude of them in a flawed design.

So, who designed the stadium? I can't bel;ieve the firm the Bombers hired was clueless. But I agree that whoever did the design got it totally wrong. I don't even know in Miami if they have a pressbox design like that.... Maybe in domed stadiums... But not open air ones as it is just common sense.

So, who designed the stadium? I can't bel;ieve the firm the Bombers hired was clueless. But I agree that whoever did the design got it totally wrong. I don't even know in Miami if they have a pressbox design like that.... Maybe in domed stadiums... But not open air ones as it is just common sense.

http://www.raymondscwanarchitect.com/

They were the firm who designed IGF.

I wouldn't say they got it totally wrong.  That's a bit of an overstatement to say the least.  There are a lot of great things about the place that were done right.  The open air concourse being one of them.

If you haven't seen the stadium yet live in person, you should before you make a bold statement like that.