Tonight's Game Not Even Close To Expected Sell-Out

Noeller

It is still a preseason game. For years the bombers gave this game away for free with the buddy voucher. Another factor may be that people don't want to go through the predicable first game problems of traffic/parking/lineups/ etc. They'l wait for the next game for the issues to be smoothed over.

preseason against the argos... can't really expect big interest in a team that no one cares about. I think given how last season went as well it'll take some time to really build up the support for the bombers. No one knows who any of these qbs are except for bandaid boy buck. I just get a big sense of apathy in regards to the team right now. 

I just get a big sense of apathy in regards to the team right now. 

Yep, apathy or even hostility. But it's a Wednesday night Pre-Season game, I would have been more than a little surprised if it sold out.

I imagine the regular season home opener will be much more of a big deal. A convincing win would go a long way towards ensuring another sellout... then another...

I guess maybe it's hard to see this through a "casual fan" 's eyes...

yeah that's really all it is. Casual fans don't care enough to go midweek to see a bunch of future cuts play. Plus I think living two provinces away skews our perception of things too. getting to see the team for us is rare and every chance is deemed special.

Honestly if I wasn't a season ticket holder I wouldn't go. Save your money for a real game if you want to see the stadium take a tour

I will NEVER understand this mentality....you have a chance to see live football that's NOT televised........

I will NEVER understand this mentality....you have a chance to see live football that's NOT televised........

whats so hard to understand. If you are a casual fan (non Season ticket holder) and you are going to make it a handful of games why not make them all real games?

maybe they are just going to stay at home and watch it on T....oh never mind...

That does remind me one time I went to the St. Adolphe pub to watch a home game that was blacked out and so was only available on satellite feeds.  During commercials the feed would just stay on so you got to hear Ron Lancaster's comments when he thought no one was listening other than his play by play guy.  Wow was that awesome.  Every second word was the F word and he really let fly with his real opinions of what he was seeing, not the varnished truth he had to give when on air.  That was so awesome.

that's why PVR's were invented.  Also - if I didn't have a bunch of Bruins and Hawks playing from my playoff pool I wouldn't really be giving two shits about this final.

We're going to be streaming the Bomber game on CJOB.com and then have the Hawks game on the TV in the background. Best of both worlds...but I'll tell you, if I'd just sat through an entire offseason, and finally had a chance to get to the stadium to FINALLY watch some ball, there's no way in hell I'd be at home. Especially with perfect weather!!

The general attitude at my work place.... everyone thinks the Bombers will be horrendous and will lose out the season and have no interest in seeing the game for the game itself.  The only ones who want to go to the game are the ones who want a nice hot sunny day to get wasted off over priced beers....

It may also be because the Bombers are virtually silent in this city, unless you are a regular CJOB listener.  I doubt most people even knew there was a game tonight.  The Bombers rely on the press to get the word out rather than advertising.  And the press shits on the Bombers on a daily basis so I don't find it all that surprising.

Honestly, even as a diehard fan, if this game were televised, I'd consider not going.

Kind of like how I turned down tickets to the Jets first home preseason game when they came back.

I want my first time to mean something. (lol)

The general attitude at my work place.... everyone thinks the Bombers will be horrendous and will lose out the season and have no interest in seeing the game for the game itself.  The only ones who want to go to the game are the ones who want a nice hot sunny day to get wasted off over priced beers....

Ha ha these are the people who in September will be going "yeah I knew the Bombers were going to rock this year!!!"  :D

If I could, I'd be there tonight, but I expect there will be lots of empty seats, not just the unsold.  When I had seasons in Wpg Stadium, it was hard to even give my second ticket away (The wife wasn't interested at all in going to see a glorified practice).  Sometimes I went alone.  Sometimes I didn't bother. 

If I could, I'd be there tonight, but I expect there will be lots of empty seats, not just the unsold.  When I had seasons in Wpg Stadium, it was hard to even give my second ticket away (The wife wasn't interested at all in going to see a glorified practice).  Sometimes I went alone.  Sometimes I didn't bother. 

Dude...consider me there if you have a ticket to give away.  :D