Hefney Busted For Pot Possession Day Before Tc

I was chuckling to myself, thinking we could use Hodgekinson right about now to make this go away...

I still remember when Odell Willis phoned me to ask me where I wanted to meet him to pick up my Swaggerville shirts. I don't even want to know what he was on, but I swear it must have been something interesting for him to have introduced himself as "The Master of the Cosmic Universe and Ruler of Swaggerville"

I still remember when Odell Willis phoned me to ask me where I wanted to meet him to pick up my Swaggerville shirts. I don't even want to know what he was on, but I swear it must have been something interesting for him to have introduced himself as "The Master of the Cosmic Universe and Ruler of Swaggerville"

He was a mess...no question about it.

For those who aren't following along on Twitter, Mack says it's basically a non-issue and that it's his understanding that the whole thing will just go away. Hefney will play tomorrow vs Toronto, and his status with the club will be judged solely on his performance, and not anything to do with this incident.

For those who aren't following along on Twitter, Mack says it's basically a non-issue and that it's his understanding that the whole thing will just go away. Hefney will play tomorrow vs Toronto, and his status with the club will be judged solely on his performance, and not anything to do with this incident.

What a relief. The very last thing we need to be doing is start cutting otherwise perfectly capable players over petty things like this, least of all impact players like Hefney.

Glad to hear cooler heads have prevailed.

Glad the bombers are letting things play out the way they will. And not over reacting.

I'm also glad someone brought up the point that he probably won't have to go to court because he was issued a ticket. Not arrested. Isn't that how it works. If I get a speeding ticket I don't go to court and get sentenced. I pay the fine and move on. Don't know if that applies here but it doesn't seem to make sense for him to go to court when he's been given a ticket.

As for the smell was in the car so he must have been smoking. I'm guessing you guys haven't been around pot in a while. **** can be strong. If it was in some foil, or just a small bag it could just be real stinky stuff. No smoking needed for a smell. Though I bet he probably was, anyone follow his instagram?? Lots of red eyes. just sayin lol.

And smoking and driving, you guys gotta do some research (I can recommend some books if needed). Plenty of studies show that someone who uses then drives is less likely to drive dangerously, and can actually drive safer then when sober. though it does depend on how much was used, and how the driver used ie smoking, eating, pipe, bong, vaporizer etc. And the strength/type of pot. It's a pretty complicated subject which is why the laws on it aren't as solid as the Drinking and driving laws.

But again, the fact that Hefney didn't say anything to anyone about this is a big problem, regardless of how you feel about the pot possession. I'm sure they'll handle that internally, tho...

heh heh, perhaps they could hire the expert of handling things "internally" to make this "non-issue" go away.  :D

Glad the bombers are letting things play out the way they will. And not over reacting.

I'm also glad someone brought up the point that he probably won't have to go to court because he was issued a ticket. Not arrested. Isn't that how it works. If I get a speeding ticket I don't go to court and get sentenced. I pay the fine and move on. Don't know if that applies here but it doesn't seem to make sense for him to go to court when he's been given a ticket.

As for the smell was in the car so he must have been smoking. I'm guessing you guys haven't been around pot in a while. **** can be strong. If it was in some foil, or just a small bag it could just be real stinky stuff. No smoking needed for a smell. Though I bet he probably was, anyone follow his instagram?? Lots of red eyes. just sayin lol.

And smoking and driving, you guys gotta do some research (I can recommend some books if needed). Plenty of studies show that someone who uses then drives is less likely to drive dangerously, and can actually drive safer then when sober. though it does depend on how much was used, and how the driver used ie smoking, eating, pipe, bong, vaporizer etc. And the strength/type of pot. It's a pretty complicated subject which is why the laws on it aren't as solid as the Drinking and driving laws.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2013/06/10/mb-cfl-bombers-hefney-marijuana.html

The police report alleges Hefney, 28, and a passenger, were pulled over by Rock Hill police at 1:20 a.m. traveling 47 mph in a 35 mph zone.

In this case, your theory proves wrong, if he indeed was high at the time.  Going nearly 20 kph over the speed limit does not constitute safe driving.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2013/06/10/mb-cfl-bombers-hefney-marijuana.html

In this case, your theory proves wrong, if he indeed was high at the time.  Going nearly 20 kph over the speed limit does not constitute safe driving.

But wouldn't it be safe to assume he was NOT high (at least legally speaking) ?  If he was, and the police thought he was, I'd imagine he would have gotten a DUI type charge as well. 

It's not "my theory" it's backed by multiple studies. And repeating what has already been said. Where does it say that he was using and driving?

But wouldn't it be safe to assume he was NOT high (at least legally speaking) ?  If he was, and the police thought he was, I'd imagine he would have gotten a DUI type charge as well. 

The reason you don't see DUI charges for pot is because there isn't a good way to measure the levels of the stuff in your system roadside like you can with alcohol so you can't ever get a conviction. 

What an idiot.

It's not "my theory" it's backed by multiple studies. And repeating what has already been said. Where does it say that he was using and driving?

There are studies that likely prove both sides, so just because you read books that say one thing, doesn't mean there aren't other books that prove the opposite too.

And to answer your question, I said that it is probably safe to assume he wasn't using anyways.

A 2009 review published in the American Journal of Addiction concluded that driving high is likely less dangerous than driving drunk, and a recent investigation by the Institue for the Study of Labor found that the legalization of medical marijuana in the United States has been linked to a dramatic decrease in traffic fatalities. That said, a study published last year in the British Medical Journal concluded that smoking pot within few hours of driving is still associated with a nearly two-fold risk of being involved in a serious car crash

I think it's time that airline pilots smoked weed before their flights to make the skies safer for us passengers.