Game of Thrones last night

who else fell off their chair during the last 10 minutes?

everyone who never read the novels i'd guess... :lol:

2 friends of mine who haven't read them but love the series asked me last year if anything good ever happens to the Starks... i said "that depends... do you like weddings?"

Having read the books, I was excited for the Red Wedding episode and it did not disappoint.  I was telling anyone who watches the show, not to miss this episode.

The Storm of Swords (the current season is basically the 1st half of that book) was my favorite of the 5 books that have come out so far.  There's still so much that happens in that book but we'll have to wait for next year!

"Gay Of Nerds"......

All you poor, sad virgins...

ha ha yeah that's what I'd say to the nerd cluster that would appear every Monday morning in my office as they gibbered away about Winterfell and the Imp etc but then I watched a few episodes and saw this:

breakfastattiffanys8f-0307-1.jpg

Gay my ass!!! (pun intended)

The only thing I would have like to have seen in this episode was the part in the book when Catelyn is watching Rob getting killed she covers her face and rips her face to shreds with her nails.

Honestly having read all the books before the show came out, they've done a fantastic job overall, and IMO in terms of overall quality GOT has to be up there with Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Downton Abbey, etc.

Not sure about the hate for the show, or even the nerd comments, this isn't twilight, harry potter, star trek or star wars.

Also thought I'd add that, I'm sure Strongside is happy with this season, that cave scene probably made his day.

The only thing I would have like to have seen in this episode was the part in the book when Catelyn is watching Rob getting killed she covers her face and rips her face to shreds with her nails.

Honestly having read all the books before the show came out, they've done a fantastic job overall, and IMO in terms of overall quality GOT has to be up there with Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Downton Abbey, etc.

Not sure about the hate for the show, or even the nerd comments, this isn't twilight, harry potter, star trek or star wars.

Also thought I'd add that, I'm sure Strongside is happy with this season, that cave scene probably made his day.

Seriously?  You'd want to see that?  I had another guy who read the book tell me that and I said dude you are totally demented.  That's just sick.

well the reason that people want to see it done exactly like it was in the books is because it's so well done and powerful in the books. It's tricky to get things that work in print as inner thoughts of a character onto the screen, but I felt for that scene at least they captured it quite well even having it play out slightly different.

Seriously?  You'd want to see that?  I had another guy who read the book tell me that and I said dude you are totally demented.  That's just sick.

I don't want to spoil anything, so don't know how to answer that, I'll just say it's a key part.

well the reason that people want to see it done exactly like it was in the books is because it's so well done and powerful in the books. It's tricky to get things that work in print as inner thoughts of a character onto the screen, but I felt for that scene at least they captured it quite well even having it play out slightly different.

I completely agree, honestly I don't get why so many complain that it's not exact. Not everything translates well from novels to the screen, as an example Ghost (Jon Snow's dire wolf) is not named Ghost just because he's white, but also because he doesn't make a sound. IIRC there were people complaining that he growls a lot in the show, I don't know about anyone else, but IMO it seems more menacing when a dog/wolf growls while their teeth are shown, and they did a great job with making his eyes red (like in the books).

The big battle in season 2 they changed a bit as well (the massive chains were missing), but it was a great episode, and got the point across quite well as well as  being visually stimulating.

The only time I am disappointed with changes is if they make changes to the characters themselves. Generally they've kept it pretty close but there's a few things that have just pissed me off cause it changes the characters for the worse, and quite honestly it's the way the characters are written that makes the books as good as they are. 

The only time I am disappointed with changes is if they make changes to the characters themselves. Generally they've kept it pretty close but there's a few things that have just pissed me off cause it changes the characters for the worse, and quite honestly it's the way the characters are written that makes the books as good as they are. 

My only real issue overall, is the time spent in Kings Landing, last season I don't feel they spent enough time on Jon Snow or Dany's storyline, but they did the point across with both characters.

PS - how do I respond to more than one quote?  I hit "multi-quote" and it gives me only 1 quote as an option.  How do I change that?

I don't know... I'm not actually a doctor.

you click the multi-quote tab on every post you was to reply to... it looks like that ^^