1st row under water

Jpan85

Just wondering my sister went to pick up our season tickets yesterday and reported there was over a inch of water on the ground in our row. Anyone else have this problem? Wonder if they are going to do anything to fix this. It will be only a concern if its raining on game day or a few day in front of the game.

Just wondering my sister went to pick up our season tickets yesterday and reported there was over a inch of water on the ground in our row. Anyone else have this problem? Wonder if they are going to do anything to fix this. It will be only a concern if its raining on game day or a few day in front of the game.

I saw it when I was looking around. It looks like a serious issue, not sure how they're going to drain it.

Obviously it's only row 1 and I'm pretty sure it's only the east side. And only in certain sections. But it looks like a problem for sure.

I saw it when I was looking around. It looks like a serious issue, not sure how they're going to drain it.

Obviously it's only row 1 and I'm pretty sure it's only the east side. And only in certain sections. But it looks like a problem for sure.

Actually, I saw the same thing in the upper deck too for some reason. Not even the first row, it was around where some of the handicapped seating is up there.

you mentioned this to me last week didn't you?

in fact, i think i recall you saying that you had spotted a potentially disastrous design flaw in the IGF (or words to that effect).

you mentioned this to me last week didn't you?

in fact, i think i recall you saying that you had spotted a potentially disastrous design flaw in the IGF (or words to that effect).

it is a total disaster for people it affects. I went when it was pouring rain on Thursday and the water was about ankle deep. When I went again yesterday, there was STILL a lot of water there.

When I was there Saturday there were puddles in a lot of spots. I had to jump over one to enter and exit my section and various areas in the rows had pooled water.

I know nothing about contruction so I won't comment any further. Hopefully it won't be a huge issue as time goes on because by the time I got to the stadium the rain had been over for about 12 hours.

are the drains all plumbed in and what not? If so, I imagine a ground crew with squeegees and brooms will be a temp fix..

could become a big issue though for sure if its a constant thing.. free shoe/boot covers for everyone!

are the drains all plumbed in and what not? If so, I imagine a ground crew with squeegees and brooms will be a temp fix..

could become a big issue though for sure if its a constant thing.. free shoe/boot covers for everyone!

Squeegees aren't really a solution for the seating area. You'd just be pushing the water on someone else. I remember the ballpark didn't drain well when it opened and the grounds crew had to come up with a system to move water out. I'm a little worried about this too because being in the first row of the lower deck I noticed on Thursday that my whole section was draining down to the first row and collecting there. It was worse at the bottom of the steps than in the seats, but we'd definitely have soaked socks if we had to sit in that puddle during a game.

Squeegees aren't really a solution for the seating area. You'd just be pushing the water on someone else. I remember the ballpark didn't drain well when it opened and the grounds crew had to come up with a system to move water out. I'm a little worried about this too because being in the first row of the lower deck I noticed on Thursday that my whole section was draining down to the first row and collecting there. It was worse at the bottom of the steps than in the seats, but we'd definitely have soaked socks if we had to sit in that puddle during a game.

I was thinking they would/could squeegee or broom it to the drains (I have to assume there plumbed in, just not in the best of spots.)

Canad Inns had the same problem, always saw the first row of the lower level with big pools of water at training camp. Seems like more water and in more areas in IG Field. Maybe they can do whatever they used to do before to drain it at the old stadium? Also interesting to note; while making my way up the east side ramp to get to the suites to pick up my tickets, I noticed there were many puddles inside the ramp area as well. Where's all the water coming from I wonder? Hopefully the roof's not leaking already!

Maybe each row gets its own shop vac.

I still say free boooties for everyone!  they actually give em out in Italy right now as one of their most popular and touristy cities is currently under a ton of water.. as soon as you arrive, they give you these water proof shoe/boot covers to slosh around in. 

• 2 weeks later...