week 1 talk

Booch

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

thats what I would do as well until Wilson is back

We could even go small lber core situationally  with the ratio flip. Bring jake on move out our ni wil put Darby at wil and bring on the extra db at Sam. Darby is a tackle monster, he could play wil better than maybe any one but biggie and kyrie here. 

7 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I'm really enjoying this account

Thanks for the kind words, and a special shoutout to my nephew for introducing me to this forum. It's refreshing to be off Facebook and engaging with you all here! Believe it or not, I've only been a football fan for a few years, but I've quickly become captivated by the excitement and strategy of the game.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

The only thing is if Bighill ever goes down.  They'd probably keep Clements on as a DI and sit Cole.  Kramdi is looking decent though and could give some coverage at WIL if someone went down in game.

That’s true. If biggie goes down we see screwed in general. But it would be good to have a di lber. 
 Kramer is a gooder. Sub him at Sam slide Darby to wil and you could run both imp dts. That package would be pretty well balanced for coverage and run stopping. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s true. If biggie goes down we see screwed in general. But it would be good to have a di lber. 
 Kramer is a gooder. Sub him at Sam slide Darby to wil and you could run both imp dts. That package would be pretty well balanced for coverage and run stopping. 

I think I'd generally do the opposite, Kramdi at WIL and Darby at SAM but they run guys all over.  Briggs is probably our best WIL.  Gauthier can fill in at middle but he's gotta stick pretty close to the line.  Kramdi can almost play as a dime.  If Hallett is good to go you've got options with him at safety too and Alexander moving around.

35 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think I'd generally do the opposite, Kramdi at WIL and Darby at SAM but they run guys all over.  Briggs is probably our best WIL.  Gauthier can fill in at middle but he's gotta stick pretty close to the line.  Kramdi can almost play as a dime.  If Hallett is good to go you've got options with him at safety too and Alexander moving around.

It would be less complicated to do a single swap than a double sub. 
 Yeah lots of versatility. If only we still had ford too. 

I'd even like to see us give Karamoko a spin at will...He has the body for it...and likes to stick his nose into the fray....being a global who could be backed up on roster by a Canadian...or like we said moving Darby around, who I would see have no issues at Wil, and sliding Kramdi in his spot would allow us that extra import tackle.

If we could get Ford back sooner than later...I would even have him as the 6th DB on the roster freeing up another import spot used on a DI's DB....He can play corner or half...has return abilities and was great on teams

Sooner than later we are gonna have a nice problem with Hansen and Wilson back ready to go, and like mentioned...possibly Ford...and every yr we have a new young stud step up and become a legit starter...who's it gonna be this yr

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Where are you dropping an American to fit him on?  Cole?  Agudosi?  Play with no backup American DB?

Maybe they already knew Lawson was injured before the cutdown but didn't they use 4 DT's most of last season or was Walker often the game day scratch?  With Bennett being added to the rotation, they should have more ratio flexibility than they had last season.

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Maybe they already knew Lawson was injured before the cutdown but didn't they use 4 DT's most of last season or was Walker often the game day scratch?  With Bennett being added to the rotation, they should have more ratio flexibility than they had last season.

Big difference from last year are the kickers.  One DI, one Global.  Can they dress more than 2 Globals or does the third one basically count as an American?

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

I thought, did I miss a trade or something??? 

Yep. Bc said kongbo was a locker room problem and traded him to hammy for a mid draft pick. Kongbo said on twitter it was because he called out lions stars for not showing up to practice meetings work outs etc. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. Bc said kongbo was a locker room problem and traded him to hammy for a mid draft pick. Kongbo said on twitter it was because he called out lions stars for not showing up to practice meetings work outs etc. 

What? Damn! Sounds like the inmates run the asylum in BC. I've never thought much of Rick Campbell. Kind of a loosey goosey coach, discipline wise. So, not totally surprised at what happened. The Lions think so little of Kongbo that they traded him out of the West Division. ;) 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

that relationship sure soured fast

54 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Big difference from last year are the kickers.  One DI, one Global.  Can they dress more than 2 Globals or does the third one basically count as an American?

Pretty sure it says min 2 global players implying you can have more. And it says max 20 Americans implying that a roster spot could be taken by a Canadian or global player

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah so you lose a DI if you dress a third global.  Can't take a Canadian spot.

Yeah exactly. So we're ideally looking at a global punter plus Hansen when he's healthy. Certainly makes an enormous difference to the roster with Liegghio gone and not doing all jobs

Edited by BBlink

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

updates on todays practice from DT....

Bennet and Schmekel look to debut this week....not sure I like that.
Sheahan has a few different styles when punting
Evan Holm breaking up passes...AGAIN....say it with me Booch - MODP!!!

Ratiowise we need to have Bennet and Schmekel on as backups (not thrilled either).

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Ratiowise we need to have Bennet and Schmekel on as backups (not thrilled either).

Bennett may serve some use...Schmekel way overmatched...and showed zippity doo dah...Lawson can't come back soon enough

Practice is practice....sure u can look good breaking up0 plays you see and recognize...daily...its in the game that counts..last yr...didnt impress...missed tackles...gets washed way in traffic....had assignment errors...still seen it in pre-season too...

I bet just how Osh is with roster and his bias at times to guys who been here...he will get a HB start to open season...the position where he gets exposed more at...but whatevs...won't lose sleep over it and having a guy with minimal physicality ut there for game 1....There is a reason we didnt get rid of Rose...Or Lawrence...Houston...Or Swarmay...When the horses are all back u will see rose..lawrence....nichols..Parker and BA manning the db spots...with if Osh uses roster properly will have Houston or Cole as the 6th if we go that route with an import db DI'd...Parker/Houston and what I seen of Cole if he continues to develop offer more to the roster...time will tell but week 1 roster will look a lot diff than week 3 and onward

Well heck ya..we may start a combo of Briggs Gauthier as well at Will...enabling us to roster Thomas....Biggie is versatile so he can slide over to Will..Drop off into deep 3rd and have BA come up and support that area and put a lil tom foolery into what Ham expects to see...there's options

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well heck ya..we may start a combo of Briggs Gauthier as well at Will...enabling us to roster Thomas....Biggie is versatile so he can slide over to Will..Drop off into deep 3rd and have BA come up and support that area and put a lil tom foolery into what Ham expects to see...there's options

100% what I would do.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

100% what I would do.

Lets see what ol Osh does now....The use of Thomas on the line....or Haba in a rotation, as we do well with 3...4 ends in package serves more benefit than a Clements at Will....we have the versatility with Darby/Biggie and BA to make the rotation of Briggs/Gauthier/Kramdi work....