week 1 talk

Booch

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I have not heard/seen one reference to Schoen this whole TC. Could have not shown up for all I know.

Looks like he's back!

https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/1665773097654337541

Demerio Houston in at boundary corner for Winston Rose, who is not suited up today — he has to be in question for Friday night. Back in for Day 1 of Week 1 prep: Bighill, Jeffcoat, Lawrence, Schoen, and Oliveira, which is very positive news for the #Bombers.

14 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Looks like he's back!

https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/1665773097654337541

Demerio Houston in at boundary corner for Winston Rose, who is not suited up today — he has to be in question for Friday night. Back in for Day 1 of Week 1 prep: Bighill, Jeffcoat, Lawrence, Schoen, and Oliveira, which is very positive news for the #Bombers.

Man that’s basically all the key guys. Hope they are good to go and relatively rust free. 

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

If Houston fills in for Rose on the corner BLM may feast, Derel Walker ate his lunch.

I think that was more a bad game than anything....He was solid last yr....I not too concerned if he fills that spot....Looking like it wil be BA with Houston and Lawrence on corners....with Nichols and now the big question who the Other half...I assumed would have been Parker, but he knicked now...still not sold on Holm and did nothing in the pre-season games to wow me...Do they go with Cole?...who offers a bit more over all...Or even Swarmay?...I think there is a diamond in the rough there

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think that was more a bad game than anything....He was solid last yr....I not too concerned if he fills that spot....Looking like it wil be BA with Houston and Lawrence on corners....with Nichols and now the big question who the Other half...I assumed would have been Parker, but he knicked now...still not sold on Holm and did nothing in the pre-season games to wow me...Do they go with Cole?...who offers a bit more over all...Or even Swarmay?...I think there is a diamond in the rough there

Holm

40 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think that was more a bad game than anything....He was solid last yr....I not too concerned if he fills that spot....Looking like it will be BA with Houston and Lawrence on corners....with Nichols and now the big question who the Other half...I assumed would have been Parker, but he nicked now...still not sold on Holm and did nothing in the pre-season games to wow me...Do they go with Cole?...who offers a bit more over all...Or even Swarmay?...I think there is a diamond in the rough there

Swarmay came into camp with little fanfare but was all over the field against the Riders. He is a rookie, though, but the talent and drive is there, so all that is needed is experience.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Tough one.  I'm not sure Schmekel is ready to play so we'll probably see a lot of 30 fronts with extra LB.

There's no way Schmekel is ready to play.  I think it was you who, in an earlier thread, noted he was getting manhandled in both preseason games. 

He's a project and is currently a liability when on the field.

15 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

There's no way Schmekel is ready to play.  I think it was you who, in an earlier thread, noted he was getting manhandled in both preseason games. 

He's a project and is currently a liability when on the field.

Absolutely can't understand why he's on the roster and Caleb Thomas ended up on the PR even from a ratio perspective, one penetrated and one didn't.

8 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Absolutely can't understand why he's on the roster and Caleb Thomas ended up on the PR even from a ratio perspective, one penetrated and one didn't.

Depth on the defensive line is like an impenetrable buffet, serving up frustration to the opposing offense. Our team is more like a restaurant with a limited menu, lacking the diverse options and depth of flavors.

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Passport bs. If Brady is healthy and ready to go we should still flip ni at wil then dress two imp dts. 

The only thing is if Bighill ever goes down.  They'd probably keep Clements on as a DI and sit Cole.  Kramdi is looking decent though and could give some coverage at WIL if someone went down in game.