2023 regular season prediction thread

wbbfan

Awards, stats,records etc. 

I think the bombers win the west with 13 wins. I think Ottawa wins the east with 9 games. I think Hamilton falls to last place. Bc and cal in the west semi, bc crosses over and plays Toronto in the east. 

Mop I think collaros again. I think this is his best year, over 5k yards and 40+ tds. I think we have 4 guys threaten 1k receiving. 

modp I think Willy has a resurgent year with 12+ sacks and a big pass kd year again. 

braynt win mol for life. 

Grant gets snubbed for sts player again for dedmon. 

moc goes to lokombo 

our mor goes to either piggy or Thomas. 

I've pondered, analyzed, and contemplated the upcoming 2023 CFL season, and here's my humble prediction for the final standings.

In the West Division, our Winnipeg Blue Bombers will continue their dominance and secure the top spot. Following closely behind will be the Saskatchewan Roughriders, hungry for redemption. The Calgary Stampeders will put up a good fight but settle for third place. As for the Lions and the Elks, they will face tougher challenges and round out the division.

In the East Division, the Toronto Argonauts will showcase their strength and claim the first-place position. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats will give them a run for their money, securing second place. The Alouettes and the Redblacks will face an uphill battle and finish behind the top two teams.

Most Outstanding Player: I'm putting my money on a quarterback this year. My gut says it could be Bo Levi Mitchell. 

Most Outstanding Defensive Player: This one's a tough call, but I have a feeling Willie Jefferson might snag this award again. 

Most Outstanding Canadian: Get ready for Jevon Cottoy of the BC Lions to ****** the 2023 award.

Predicting the Most Outstanding Rookie award is like trying to tackle a greased pig.

Coach of the Year: My pick for Coach of the Year goes to Dickenson

These predictions are just my personal take, and the beauty of football lies in its unpredictability. Anything can happen on the field, and that's what keeps us hooked. Go Bombers!

Apologies for the oversight of my prediction for the CFL's 2023 Most Outstanding Special Teams Player. My pick for this year is Janarion Grant. With his blazing speed, elusive moves, and ability to find gaps in coverage, Grant has consistently been a threat on kickoff and punt returns. His impact on special teams is undeniable, and I believe he'll be recognized for his outstanding performances this season.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Lions or Elks. Calgary’s going to hit a major speed bump. 

I was reading on Sunday in the Calgary Sun that the Stamps cut Derek Dennis but have no left tackle to take his place. As of right now, Dickenson has no idea who will play in his place. They have a couple of options but not sure what they'll do. It'll be decided in practice thios week.

Cutting Dennis was also a salary cap move as the team was not impressed with him showing up late for training camp & not being in shape. He put on more than a few lbs & couldn't keep up physically on the field. They could have kept him around as he rounded himself back into playing shape. The Calgary Sun article implied (without saying) that Dickenson was not happy.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was reading on Sunday in the Calgary Sun that the Stamps cut Derek Dennis but have no left tackle to take his place. As of right now, Dickenson has no idea who will play in his place. They have a couple of options but not sure what they'll do. It'll be decided in practice thios week.

Cutting Dennis was also a salary cap move as the team was not impressed with him showing up late for training camp & not being in shape. He put on more than a few lbs & couldn't keep up physically on the field. They could have kept him around as he rounded himself back into playing shape. The Calgary Sun article implied (without saying) that Dickenson was not happy.

They let a few guys walk in FA too without signing anyone of note.

I think they're all just a little too sure of themselves this year...

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

They let a few guys walk in FA too without signing anyone of note.

I think they're all just a little too sure of themselves this year...

But Wally Buono thirty years ago did the same thing and Wally did this and Wally did that!     /sarcasm

Only player really who I saw who hurt us...we jettisoned....Leggz....Injuries were an issue for a few, last year....lets see who still has those issues again, and if it a going concern then I bet we do something about it...nobody returning on our roster from last year as a starter really was a detriment to the club with their play, due to age...so lets see how the season starts...We also you could say Jettisoned Ellingson for Lawler as well...Ellingson spent more time in the tub than field...and was an "aging" player....and now is gone...so its not like we trotting out a team of geriatrics just barely hanging on

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Only player really who I saw who hurt us...we jettisoned....Leggz....Injuries were an issue for a few, last year....lets see who still has those issues again, and if it a going concern then I bet we do something about it...nobody returning on our roster from last year as a starter really was a detriment to the club with their play, due to age...so lets see how the season starts...We also you could say Jettisoned Ellingson for Lawler as well...Ellingson spent more time in the tub than field...and was an "aging" player....and now is gone...so its not like we trotting out a team of geriatrics just barely hanging on

Wrong thread? 

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bombers 12-6

Riders 10-8

Stamps 10-8

Elks 9-9

Lions 6-12

Argos 12-6

Ticats 10-8

Als 6-12

Redblacks 5-13

Wins and losses each need to total 81.

12 hours ago, coach17 said:

Bombers 14-4

Calgary 11-7

Edmonton 9 - 9

BC 7 - 11

Sask 4 - 14

Ham 10 - 8

Ott 10 -8

Tor 9 - 9 

Mont 6 - 12

Wins and losses must be equal and each tie takes one of each away.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Winnipeg 14-4

Calgary 10-8

Edmonton 9-9

BC 7-10

Sask 6-12

Hamilton 10-8

Toronto 10-8

Ottawa  8-10

Montreal 6-12

GCn20 predicting that the Lions will fold mid-season right before the playoffs and Calgary will be awarded a win by default in week 20 to give them 2nd place over Edmonton. Bold call!

42 minutes ago, Booch said:

One thing I'll point out (and I stole this from Doug Brown).

In the years we won the Grey Cups, our pass rush was winning at rates over 30%. Last year it had gone back down into the 20% range.

So the things that some of us have been asking for, a rotational DE piece, more depth at LB so Bighill isn't out playing safety trying to cover things, could fix issues that were detrimental to our success and won't improve with time. 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

One thing I'll point out (and I stole this from Doug Brown).

In the years we won the Grey Cups, our pass rush was winning at rates over 30%. Last year it had gone back down into the 20% range.

So the things that some of us have been asking for, a rotational DE piece, more depth at LB so Bighill isn't out playing safety trying to cover things, could fix issues that were detrimental to our success and won't improve with time. 

when we excelled on defense...we rotated 7...8 dlineman....if we get back to that again...I think we be fine...Hansen when back will help and I wanna give the new guy Haba room and chance to grow on the fly...from limited look...he looks legit

The Jeffs with him and Hansen rotating....Lawson..Thomas...Walker and Thomas...would be adequate in my opinion if we can swing it roster wise...but our dline and utter defense domination has not been the same since the 2021 grey cup where we had that real good rotation