3 stars plus hh pre season part 2

wbbfan

Nobody knew who Tyrell Pigrome was either. 

Pigrome ain't throwing ducks either from what i saw. 

The more interesting topic might be 

My 3 cuts 

The other QB. Augustine. Yeah. I know. Wade. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Some thing some thing some thing Gatorade high school player of the year in Alabama. lol. 
 I vaguely recall thinking he looked like he was playing too low a level of competition. Just running around fools. I didn’t think his quickness was as crazy as it is. 
I’m pretty damn sure the Hamilton coaching staff will be game planning for short yardage and option package as soon as their cuts are made. If he was cut tomorrow he’d probably get a contract offer from every team in the league. We don’t even know who he is and every one around the league knows who he is. 

I watched last week a bit on the stream. I was there live tonight.  

Dude is a special talent.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong but really does seem like a guy who could potentially replace Zach one day here. Not saying anytime soon lol. 

Edited by Goalie

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I watched last week a bit on the stream. I was there live tonight.  

Dude is a special talent.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong but really does seem like a guy who could potentially replace Zach one day here. Not saying anytime soon lol. 

Slow it down lol... we all know Strev is coming back to replace Zach when that day comes! :)

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I'm not saying pigrome us a guaranteed star... there's a long way between showing good things in preseason to being an every day starter... but he looks to have all the tools and has that explosive play maker ability which is exciting at this point. 

this is the way. 

I'm trying to remember other runner qbs who had next-level burst like Pigrome.  Doesn't seem to be a common combination.

Piggy has work to do....as in learn the game up here...routes...polish his throws...but he can make them...needs reps...def has eyes down field when running....and his running is other level up here from a QB unlike anything I seen up here in decades....closest thing is Tracy Ham...but Piggy runs with more aggression...in open field he runs like a RB...and before people say that will be his demise and become an injury magnate..it's actually the opposite. He almost has a young Mike Vick vibe...not saying he is a Vick clone but similar...and if used right up here and coached up...could be a real asset and cause teams fits...is he taking anyone's job out of the gate? No....could he possibly move up depth chart at some point...yes...is he worth developing ala what we did with Brown?  100%...look forward what we do with him...and when he is on field...there def is heightened oomph in players steps like when Strev was here

4 hours ago, johnzo said:

this is the way. 

I'm trying to remember other runner qbs who had next-level burst like Pigrome.  Doesn't seem to be a common combination.

The fans in the stands loved his performance! They loved his drives with noticeably louder cheers, longer screaming and standing ovulations.

9 hours ago, Mike said:

My moment of the game was when I saw Gbill2004 walking through the concourse with a fake Matt Nichols jersey on and he had the tags hanging off the back 

I hope you stopped and thanked him for everything he's done for the online Bomber community.  I don't think he gets the recognition he wants...

Holy smokes people. Take a step back, lol.

We have an awesome prospect for a 3rd down role. He can run a package, maybe stay on for an extra set of downs ala Strev, and help us win a Grey Cup - doing just that.

Why ya gotta compare him to Hall of Famers and project him to unseat a back up we've all loved for years, who we've been saying would start on most other teams? Why you have to say he's Zach's successor?

12 minutes ago, Jesse said:

We have an awesome prospect for a 3rd down role. He can run a package, maybe stay on for an extra set of downs ala Strev, and help us win a Grey Cup - doing just that.

Why ya gotta compare him to Hall of Famers and project him to unseat a back up we've all loved for years, who we've been saying would start on most other teams? Why you have to say he's Zach's successor?

This times 1000

I’m super excited to see him on short yardage and get a package of plays to change it up. But he’s thrown like 15 passes against 3rd stringers, let’s not anoint him yet. 

Nobody stating that unequivocally...but potential is there to explore

As for Brown...adequate for what he is...I have never loved him...and I feel we can do better at #2....and every star/hall of famer/phenom starts somewhere...for total package...with that extra "something" that legit QB's have he is the best we have brought up or seen in these parts here in a loooong time ..

He has a stature issue working against him in NFL and even in Div 1....but he is prototype perfect for CFL ..if he shows he can elevate his passing game...which will come with reps and pro level coaching...we have something there...just the threat of his running against teams number 1's is enough to open things up for him and or receivers while he cuts his teeth

14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Also...I don't think Brown could start on most other teams...and if he did...that team on offence would be average at best...I don't see him as a true legit #1...and he will never be it here even when ZC hangs em up...or suffers the unthinkable

43 minutes ago, Jesse said:

sean2.gifMemeLoveTriangle_297886754.jpg

Pigrome-MBB-Streveler

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Pigrome ain't throwing ducks either from what i saw. 

The more interesting topic might be 

My 3 cuts 

The other QB. Augustine. Yeah. I know. Wade. 

Augustine has looked awful, and I’ve always been bullish on him. He might be past it, or nicked I just don’t know what’s up there. 

51 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

This times 1000

I’m super excited to see him on short yardage and get a package of plays to change it up. But he’s thrown like 15 passes against 3rd stringers, let’s not anoint him yet. 

Walters pretty much said earlier in the spring they are looking at the 3rd string QB position only in this context, "a Streveler like solution for 3rd downs and special packages".  Piggie will get his chance to advance, but he's not pushing Brown out of the way this year, unless Zach goes down and Brown fails to deliver.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Thing with Piggy vs Strev....Piggy comes in way more polished and refined...people forget that Strev came to us with basically only 2 yrs of QB experience at the college level...Piggy has 3x that

It’s an interesting situation with him. He played some of the highest level hs football. Alabama state champion as a junior. Went to two state ships. Kicked around some big time colleges. He’s had a ton of high level coaching and practice.  He doesn’t have a ton of experience actually starting. Only 2 years at Towson. Strevy was a 2 year starter at sdu. 
having Buck as oc instead of plop is a big win for piggy.  

piggy is better at creating it’ll be fun to watch him develop and see how well he can run the offense. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Ok so we’ve got a consensus. Piggy is a combination of KG, Strev, Russ Michna, Tracy Ham, Bryan Randall and Ricky Ray.

he's also got that Kopp / Marve "get the crowd buzzing in your first home game" energy.

Edited by johnzo