3 stars plus hh pre season part 2

wbbfan

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Nealon Greene with an arm maybe. He's thrown limited passes but Greene never made throws like that. 

Seriously?  You are saying a QB who started for half a decade never made a throw?

Hard to believe people are so excited about a guy making a throw on a play that's totally pre-snap with no read.  He's putting that fade in there the whole way.  Nice throw, but pretty basic for a QB at this level.

The one to Agudosi was nice.  Clearly has a gun.  We've seen him do nothing mid-range.

Really excited for him to run the short yardage and maybe a bit of an option package.  We haven't seen him do anything as a passer to get jazzed about yet.  He can throw, that's great.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nealon Greene was a really good QB until he was washed

Nealon Greene couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if it was further than 10 yards away. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Seriously?  You are saying a QB who started for half a decade never made a throw?

Not over 10 yards. 

Dude could run and throw the short passes but **** all else.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Guy ran the exact same offense with the RPO stuff out of heavy sets, dump off to back crossing formation.

Nealon Greene was a really good QB until he was washed.

That dude tossed a lot of picks and not a lot of yards or tds. He had heaps of potential but never lived up to them. Very Casey printers and buck pierce esq. 

Hard to believe people are so excited about a guy making a throw on a play that's totally pre-snap with no read.  He's putting that fade in there the whole way.  Nice throw, but pretty basic for a QB at this level.

The one to Agudosi was nice.  Clearly has a gun.  We've seen him do nothing mid-range.

Really excited for him to run the short yardage and maybe a bit of an option package.  We haven't seen him do anything as a passer to get jazzed about yet.  He can throw, that's great.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

We’ve seen some pretty crap qbs kick around the cfl. Cavillos first 5 years as a starter were pretty crap. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That dude tossed a lot of picks and not a lot of yards or tds. He had heaps of potential but never lived up to them. Very Casey printers and buck pierce esq. 

Nah, ran a zone read ball control offense.  Lots of good years with single digit INTs in era when TD/INT ratio under 2-1 wasn't uncommon.  Good player, not great player.  In the Kevin Glenn realm, just no longevity as a runner.  Busted his leg, done.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Pigrome is also 25 and bounced around college a lot. If he could do all he’s shown and run the offense through it’s mid range niche he just wouldn’t be human. If he is as he’s shown, that can be taught. A yeah behind collaros and with buck coaching him will be gold. If he’s half as good as he looks next year he might be the second best qb in the league. (Though times are real thin at qb rn) 

this is really a perfect situation for him. He doesn’t have pressure and doesn’t need to be forced into action. He can run some package stuff, maybe go hurry up after short yardage plays and doesn’t even need to be qb2. 
 He’s easily the most promising and talent rookie qb we’ve seen since strevy. And he looks like he already has better touch. 

Nah, ran a zone read ball control offense.  Lots of good years with single digit INTs in era when TD/INT ratio under 2-1 wasn't uncommon.

By lots you mean 2 years. Vs 4 with more picks than tds. Never put up 3500 yards passing or 23 passing tds. Broke 3k twice. Threw more than 14 tds twice. In 9 seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nealon Greene is one of the worst #1 starting QBs I've ever seen in my time as a CFL fan. And **** I lived through the Bombers 2012-Nichols.....

And Pigrome likely won't come close to matching him.

Some perspective I guess,

Get excited for the option package but don't tear the guy to shreds as a fan base if we need him to pass.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And if Pigrome ran for 900 yards and threw for 3500 he'd be ecstatic.

Yup. Well aside from collaros clearly having to be hurt. But he’s a rookie. You expect development especially in a 9 year player 5 year starter. Greene never did. 

And Pigrome likely won't come close to matching him.

Some perspective I guess,

Get excited for the option package but don't tear the guy to shreds as a fan base if we need him to pass.

Idk. Guy with running talent like that can stick a long time. Like strevler in the nfl or Greene up here. Or Michael bishop. Or Arbuckle. Or Dominique frickin Davis. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yup. Well aside from collaros clearly having to be hurt. But he’s a rookie. You expect development especially in a 9 year player 5 year starter. Greene never did. 

Idk. Guy with running talent like that can stick a long time. Like strevler in the nfl or Greene up here. Or Michael bishop. Or Arbuckle. Or Dominique frickin Davis. 

Bishop, Arbuckle and Davis aren't runners.

Pigrome brings excitement.  He also brings some poise and escapability and seemingly is not a run first guy but a guy who certainly can run and doesn't ever go down after 1st contact.  I don't want to get to crazy, Glenn tho never ran like this dude, this guy runs like a running back running downhill. He also seems to be able to make all the throws too. 

I'd say Damon Allen maybe mixed with a bit of Kerry Joseph. He looks like Glenn but KG wasn't exactly mobile like Pigrome is. Piggy might have been the fastest guy on the field when he played this pre season. Dude definitely has some pretty high end potential I think but hopefully doesn't need to show all of it this year. 

Definitely the first true dual threat qb we have had in some time 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bishop, Arbuckle and Davis aren't runners.

Davis is a mobile qb he’s just run to throw like kg.
 And bishop was an athletic qb similar to Davis.
Arbuckle doesn’t have athleticism but still has had a long career that’s made him good money. So pigromes athleticism gives him a very strong chance to have a lengthy career even if he doesn’t develop. 

Greenes 2 best years are like Joseph’s average 2 years. 

My 3 stars 

1. Pigrome. Just instant excitement 

2. Matt Cole ( #6). Electric kr and solid on D

3. Caleb Thomas. Just stood out 

HM to morningbigblue.com veryown @Mikefor mentioning that dude was gbill204. My 8 yr old asked me about that jersey lol 

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Everybody too high on Piggy remember Manziel also (at some point?) Had all the tools for a perrenial star in the league.

HH to the mascots they must have been sweating buckets tonight

Menziel showed less than pigrome in the cfl and his biggest problem was between his ears. Which was well known before he came up.