The Gap Between MB-AB vs Last 3x GC Finalists, 2x Champs: A Mother-f***ing GDT!

Noeller

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Its preseason, no sense in being dramatic about losing to them. All about some of the younger and fringe guys getting some game action. Pigrome was great again and really intrigued to see how we use him this season; great alternative to really give defenses something to think about.

I liked how Suitor walked us through in slow mo how the Sask DE guy (who looked like he came from a trailer park somewhere) just froze staring at Pigrome while Piggy handed off to Salima and Salima just walked into the end zone.  That's what Piggy brings to the offence, makes the D freeze trying to figure out what is coming next.

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I liked how Suitor walked us through in slow mo how the Sask DE guy (who looked like he came from a trailer park somewhere) just froze staring at Pigrome while Piggy handed off to Salima and Salima just walked into the end zone.  That's what Piggy brings to the offence, makes the D freeze trying to figure out what is coming next.

That Rider player without socks looked terrible. Plus he had his pants rolled up above his knees. Just crap.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That is the major benefit of having a QB who is a threat to tun, even if he doesn't. It causes that extra second or two hesitation in the opposing D-line and linebackers and even affects the secondary.  So many more options. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

In defence of the no sock look...in extreme heat situations they will allow u to roll them down or remove them for player safety..so have no issue with it...we had several guys do it as well...not as many but we did

We also did it in a game I think last yr?? Or in 2021...

I don't think they will allow that in a regular season game, it's considered a uniform violation.  Also short jerseys with exposed midriff like Wilder used to wear are not allowed.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Next you'll be telling me I look like a slob wearing shorts.... it's not about fashion, it's comfort.

That might be OK, depending on the belly-roll but a Speedo is verboten, as a thong.

Edited by Tracker

I was at the game and at times ppl would cheer on 2nd down for the D to make a stop on 2nd and short and ya... I gave up doing that after 1st couple drives lol. Bombers D wasn't stopping anything all 1st half and honestly I think most times they could have but the lbs couldn't tackle very good. When the dbs are running up to make tackles after 5 to 7 yard gains, you know the LBs are MIA. Our DBs were ok tho, sask qbs made some very nice throws 

As for walker, it appears on replay he's taking on 2 guys most plays. Lawson I think might surprise.  Dude looked good. Doug brown was saying that some of his worst games were games where he got a couple sacks, most his best were games he didn't. Can't be judging DTs based on sacks. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I don't think they will allow that in a regular season game, it's considered a uniform violation.  Also short jerseys with exposed midriff like Wilder used to wear are not allowed.

No one is going to die wearing socks if it's hot, c'mon. Suit up & look like a pro. Not a high school player. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Trust me...we played a game sans socks if guys wanted to from the heat index...go back and look..I think they even mentioned it on broadcast

It's beneficial..helps prevent injuries and cramps...doubt it if u want...but it's a real thing.

Some people remember the time just after the ice age.  It was way cooler back then.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That Rider player without socks looked terrible. Plus he had his pants rolled up above his knees. Just crap.

Looks like that guy made the team even though Piggy made him look like a complete fool.  He actually played for the Bombers and was a draft choice of the Bombers in 2020.  Dheilly?  RM234348-1-282x300.png

Anyway, glad that he's with the Riders and not us any more.

From the CFL Rule book:

Article 7 – Dress Code
A team is required to dress in a professional manner and shall be subject to penalty if a player fails to comply with the following requirements:
(a) The team jersey shall be tucked inside the top of the pants and shall remain tucked in throughout the game. If the jersey is pulled out during the game, the player shall be required to tuck it in during a break in the play.
(b) Uniform stockings shall be worn in such manner that no part of the player’s knee or leg is exposed.
(c) Protective gear shall be worn underneath the team jersey, pants and stockings. When a short-sleeved jersey is worn, the color of protective gear on the elbow or lower arm shall be the same as one of the basic colors of the team.
(d) The team uniform shall not be cut away or altered in any manner whatsoever.
(e) White tape may be used on wrists and hands, but tape used on stockings or any part of the uniform shall be the same color as the uniform or equipment it covers.
(f) Shoes of a standard football design, with appropriate football cleating, that have not been altered, deliberately or otherwise, in any manner and judged suitable by the Referee for the playing surface, may be used. Sneaker type shoes with no cleating may also be used

PENALTY: L10 PBD The offending player is required to leave the game for a minimum of three plays and shall not be permitted to return until the dress code violation has been remedied. Substitution for the player is allowed.

The CFL's adherence to uniform rules adds to its charm and tradition. Consistent team colors, logos, and helmet designs create a strong sense of identity and pride. Fans love the familiarity and connection to their favorite teams, embracing the rich history and looking forward to the future. It's part of what makes the CFL special.

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

From the CFL Rule book:

Article 7 – Dress Code
A team is required to dress in a professional manner and shall be subject to penalty if a player fails to comply with the following requirements:
(a) The team jersey shall be tucked inside the top of the pants and shall remain tucked in throughout the game. If the jersey is pulled out during the game, the player shall be required to tuck it in during a break in the play.
(b) Uniform stockings shall be worn in such manner that no part of the player’s knee or leg is exposed.
(c) Protective gear shall be worn underneath the team jersey, pants and stockings. When a short-sleeved jersey is worn, the color of protective gear on the elbow or lower arm shall be the same as one of the basic colors of the team.
(d) The team uniform shall not be cut away or altered in any manner whatsoever.
(e) White tape may be used on wrists and hands, but tape used on stockings or any part of the uniform shall be the same color as the uniform or equipment it covers.
(f) Shoes of a standard football design, with appropriate football cleating, that have not been altered, deliberately or otherwise, in any manner and judged suitable by the Referee for the playing surface, may be used. Sneaker type shoes with no cleating may also be used

PENALTY: L10 PBD The offending player is required to leave the game for a minimum of three plays and shall not be permitted to return until the dress code violation has been remedied. Substitution for the player is allowed.

So, the ref has to make the call. 

1 hour ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

The CFL's adherence to uniform rules adds to its charm and tradition. Consistent team colors, logos, and helmet designs create a strong sense of identity and pride. Fans love the familiarity and connection to their favorite teams, embracing the rich history and looking forward to the future. It's part of what makes the CFL special.

I love our uniforms & helmet & the tradition it shows. Teams like the Argos & Lions always seem to want to change their looks every couple of seasons. 

On 2023-06-04 at 12:02 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

No one is going to die wearing socks if it's hot, c'mon. Suit up & look like a pro. Not a high school player. 

I know this is kind of an “old man yells at cloud” take… but I actually agree with you here… I immediately noticed the player without high socks and thought it looked bush league…

I’m also a sucker for traditional numbers… hate seeing DL and LB wearing single digits… when Biggie first showed up and he was wearing #50 at camp… 🥰

On 2023-06-04 at 12:12 PM, Booch said:

Trust me...we played a game sans socks if guys wanted to from the heat index...go back and look..I think they even mentioned it on broadcast

It's beneficial..helps prevent injuries and cramps...doubt it if u want...but it's a real thing.

We definitely did - I remember one here for sure. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

We definitely did - I remember one here for sure. 

yeah...we did....and it was discussed here at that tine too....it was noted on the broadcast as well...and from experience I know it is a legit thing...heat issues can circumvent the actual rule in the rulebook about the socks requirement...I won't Tburg this to death, but we did it 2x I am aware of, and it was done legitimately, and within League rules