The Gap Between MB-AB vs Last 3x GC Finalists, 2x Champs: A Mother-f***ing GDT!

Noeller

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Really liked what I saw from Haba. Guy has a motor too. Hope he sticks and can learn from the Jeff’s. 

agree with all the other points. Really like how Salima runs. 

Yeah...he had that non stop motor...love to see him in game 1...with starters...after another week of learning the Canadian game and getting game feet under him..can see him being our ROTY 

8 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Caleb Thomas looks good at DT. I think we need another DE to rotate with the Jeffs, perhaps Lemon? Not sure about linebacker with either Wade or Clements.

Worried right now about our ability to stop the run.

Excited about our offense.

Thomas I think is a lock to be a rotational DT...possibly becoming DT1a...over Walker tho Walker showed me more than I saw and expected based on last yr...dude has changed up his makeup a bit

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Schmitz was holding the ball for Sergio. Perhaps a sign or maybe nothing 

So cuts are tomorrow huh. I'd imagine a long list of injured players 

I noticed that too...which makes me think he may be the punter...I like the way the ball flies off his foot

I'm not too concerned about the front 7 on defence once all starters are in there ..don't believe any of the walking wounded will miss game 1 save for Wilson...and if he isn't ready I want us to start a Canadian at Wil and then utilize the Nationalized rule to allow us to rotate in whatever American makes roster...let's us get Salima in to rotate with Brady...and or start if he isn't good to go...a BO and Salima combo would be a nice thing to have as well on game day..guy can also catch out of backfield too

Still think come Monday we may pick up one of the available DT/Ends that are floating around there already cut...or another one that gets cut or doesn't want a PR spot elsewhere...u know damn well if someone's PR hopeful gets a call from Walters they will jump all over it

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Is he 45? Seemed to be the only DE doing anything noticeable out there.

Yup...and made some impact on ST's too

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...he had that non stop motor...love to see him in game 1...with starters...after another week of learning the Canadian game and getting game feet under him..can see him being our ROTY 

Thomas I think is a lock to be a rotational DT...possibly becoming DT1a...over Walker tho Walker showed me more than I saw and expected based on last yr...dude has changed up his makeup a bit

I noticed that too...which makes me think he may be the punter...I like the way the ball flies off his foot

I'm not too concerned about the front 7 on defence once all starters are in there ..don't believe any of the walking wounded will miss game 1 save for Wilson...and if he isn't ready I want us to start a Canadian at Wil and then utilize the Nationalized rule to allow us to rotate in whatever American makes roster...let's us get Salima in to rotate with Brady...and or start if he isn't good to go...a BO and Salima combo would be a nice thing to have as well on game day..guy can also catch out of backfield too

Still think come Monday we may pick up one of the available DT/Ends that are floating around there already cut...or another one that gets cut or doesn't want a PR spot elsewhere...u know damn well if someone's PR hopeful gets a call from Walters they will jump all over it

Yup...and made some impact on ST's too

It’s crazy how well he did for being in camp for like 3-4 days. If we go into the season with him as our 3rd de with the state of our dts im not worried about our dl. It’ll be real good. 
 He reminds me a bit of jeffcoat. In terms of the way he rushes, his motor and his polish. 

I really hope they start salima. I’m worried Augustine is going to default into the job and we will cut the imp rbs. I’ll be hugely disappointed if we see some thing like that. 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Same....we know what johnny is and can do...they should have gave each import a half to show what they have..Salima looks like he could be legit...if he got 10...15 touches in a game we would know...

Salma looks to be a better runner than McCrae and they don't really need McCrae's receiving or return abilities anymore, so.....bye-bye.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

Same....we know what johnny is and can do...they should have gave each import a half to show what they have..Salima looks like he could be legit...if he got 10...15 touches in a game we would know...

Kind of shitty to have guys up here for a month and give them no game reps.  Barnes got in for like 30 seconds, Latulas didn't play at all.  Hard to evaluate running backs with no reps when practice is basically non contact.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Kind of shitty to have guys up here for a month and give them no game reps.  Barnes got in for like 30 seconds, Latulas didn't play at all.  Hard to evaluate running backs with no reps when practice is basically non contact.

Josh Jones got the last 2 mins. of game #1 and 4 mins. in this game, that's embarrassingly bad time management on behalf of the coaching staff.

Some notes I took last night at the game.

Lawson- noticed first step, fast off the ball.
Jake Kelly- solid on blitz and can hit. 
Agustine- same old same old....not sure that's a good thing though. He looked better than he did in edm though.
Wade...noticeable in all the wrong ways, slow off the snap. Missed tackles. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Josh Jones got the last 2 mins. of game #1 and 4 mins. in this game, that's embarrassingly bad time management on behalf of the coaching staff.

Well, defense couldn't get off the field.

I'm not sure Augustine needed a half of each game when they really need to get a look at some players.

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

Pigrome looks like a nice find too, and Dru Brown I think will be a stud. Might be able to flip one to a team like BC or Montreal for some nice assets.

Pigrome to me is the future. I've watched that play where he trucked those two Sask defenders like 20 times now. Just love it.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

6 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Man not saying pigrome is or isn't good. But litterly every ****** year we get " the future ". I can't remember a single season where we didn't have an absolute stud back up . Lol

yeah I knew this was coming.  I don't recall getting excited last year about Prukop or Brown.  Brown is serviceable, but Pigrome has a lot of tools, he can run AND he throws an accurate ball.  I was so mad at the defence last night for not giving TPig another chance to get on the field and do some more trucking and chucking.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah I knew this was coming.  I don't recall getting excited last year about Prukop or Brown.  Brown is serviceable, but Pigrome has a lot of tools, he can run AND he throws an accurate ball.  I was so mad at the defence last night for not giving TPig another chance to get on the field and do some more trucking and chucking.

Hope your right. Kid must shine when the lights are on because he looked a little bit out of place in TC

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah I hate that. So much time and resources go into the scouting signing training practice for nothing. 

56 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't know anything about training camp, I just saw him come in and light it up in game time, both in Edmonton and against the Riders.

He has had 2 opportunities and both times he was the highlight reel. Just jumps right out at you with the playmaker ability  

When Dru Brown came out, the offence was sort of ok but when Pigrome came out, the whole offence woke up, even before he took the first snap. Pigrome is a real talent and I hope he is coached to first look for the pass rather than run first. He looks to have at least a decent arm and good touch on the ball, so he has that ability. We have what seems to be a darned good receiver corps and using them will cut down on injury potentials and extend his career. 

Its preseason, no sense in being dramatic about losing to them. All about some of the younger and fringe guys getting some game action. Pigrome was great again and really intrigued to see how we use him this season; great alternative to really give defenses something to think about.