Preseason Game 1 Bombers vs Elk

Jpan85

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Excited to be able to actually watch football. 

I’m sure they have their plans and I know it’s only exhibition, but that LB corps..yikes. 

No Leggs at all? Weird. I guess he’s locked in as the starting punter though. 

I don't think he's been taking reps in practice either.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’m sure they have their plans and I know it’s only exhibition, but that LB corps..yikes. 

I'm actually looking forward to watching them.  Wade & Cole (from the limited reports) have had good camps so I want to see what they do in a game, even if it is only pre-season.

**Edit, I was thinking Matt Cole (DB) not Brian Cole (LB).

Edited by bigg jay

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Thing legs is banged up. But they probably want to give the new guys a good look before Castillo and legs. 

lb core is ugly indeed. Hopefully Barrett can have a big game. 

29 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

That’s a good revamped receiving core for the Elks. Cornelius and his heavy balls will have good options.

They’ve got weapons. But man with ford at the helm that’s a scary number of ways to attack. They could really do some damage with an option sub package 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:
DB Aaron Grymes, DL J-Min Pelley, and QB Jarret Doege are the notables who will not play tomorrow vs. Bombers. Looks like we will see 1's vs. 1's to start the game at least as the Bombers are bringing a veteran-heavy lineup. #Elks #CFL

Dave doing everything he can to make the Lk's look good already. 1v1's lol. almost but no cigar.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Dave doing everything he can to make the Lk's look good already. 1v1's lol. almost but no cigar.

My thoughts exactly. Bombers may be bringing a few guys on the trip but still missing Biggy, Jeffcoat, Schoen, Oliveira and it's even questionable how much time the rest of the guys see and whether they'd be going at the same time.

4 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I'm actually looking forward to watching them.  Wade & Cole (from the limited reports) have had good camps so I want to see what they do in a game, even if it is only pre-season.

**Edit, I was thinking Matt Cole (DB) not Brian Cole (LB).

Im actually interested in what some of these guys are bringing to the table: Brian Cole, DeJuan Cooper, Ricky Walker, Bolo, Richmond, Holm, Parker. 

All guys that are in their "step up" year imo. BOLO has already looked really good and am excited to see what he brings this year.

Edited by BBlink

59 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Im actually interested in what some of these guys are bringing to the table: Brian Cole, DeJuan Cooper, Ricky Walker, Bolo, Richmond, Holm, Parker. 

All guys that are in their "step up" year imo. BOLO has already looked really good and am excited to see what he brings this year.

Yep, we may not have many starting roles up for grabs this year but there are still some key battles/progressions to watch.  So happy football season is finally back!

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Hey they need to find some players at linebacker at some point, guys are getting a wonderful opportunity to show their stuff. 

It would be nice if by the end of this season the future transition of the LB position is well defined.  Much as they  redefined the RB position before last season by preparing Brady to take over from Harris.

as mentioned since the sched released, our only "televised" game is vs the Gappers at home next week. This week's game is on 'OB (best bet) or you can listen the LOLK's broadcast sync-ed to the in-house Commonwealth video stream on CFL.ca....

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

as mentioned since the sched released, our only "televised" game is vs the Gappers at home next week. This week's game is on 'OB (best bet) or you can listen the LOLK's broadcast sync-ed to the in-house Commonwealth video stream on CFL.ca....

Glad that I was sitting down for this huge announcement.

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Anyone having luck streaming the Mtl./Ott. game?  I'm receiving the message from cfl.ca that this game is not available in my area, only for US and Intl. customers.  I thought they were making pre-season games available to everyone.

It is on TSN, forcing you to watch that feed.

36 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Anyone having luck streaming the Mtl./Ott. game?  I'm receiving the message from cfl.ca that this game is not available in my area, only for US and Intl. customers.  I thought they were making pre-season games available to everyone.

Reddit CFL streams might have a link