Coming to a Bombers game....

Wilbur

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

not enough love here for TCB...... the Lamplighter Amber is a Top 5 beer for me, and the pizza is outstanding. 

I've been twice, both for special event, they are well run and very accommodating. Their GF pizza is quite good, but not Wall St Slice good.

If we want to talk pizza Wall St. Slice has to be in the conversation, grab some brews at barn Hammer, za from Wall St and head to garbage hill for a picnic. That's true Winnipeg atmosphere that all should experience, I swear on a clear day you can see Regina from up there, lol.

Went to TCB for my birthday this past weekend. Great beer, better pizza, and shockingly good churros.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

not enough love here for TCB...... the Lamplighter Amber is a Top 5 beer for me, and the pizza is outstanding. 

I don"t think the pizza is technically Tommy's anymore but it seems exactly the same to me as it always was.

6 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I'm a big fan of their syrups too, the mule and tonic syrups especially. I haven't tried any of the cocktails in a can they produce yet but hoping to get some in a shipment that Keith's parents bring on their summer visit home.

Still not sure how or why anyone would drink this if they had Crown Royal Black available in a liquor store that was close by. 😜

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Still not sure how or why anyone would drink this if they had Crown Royal Black available in a liquor store that was close by. 😜

I’ve never been much of a CR fan. I know the distillery is only 45 mins up the highway but…

Maybe it’s me trying to suppress my old man self but have really pursued the newer cocktail craze with boutique distillers and infusions. Don’t drink enough to have tried everything but the afore mentioned Wildlife or the local Patent 5, Baltic Brothers, Bison and Shrugging Dr are all things I pursue.

The Baltic Bros Manitoba Mule makes a great cocktail, I’ve sent/brought a few bottles to the Okanagan.

11 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Pinawa...nuclear plant...glowing...

That's The Joke | Know Your Meme

I'm pretty sure when we played Pinawa in hockey in the 80's they had an Isotope on their jerseys.  The original Springfield Isotopes.  Excellllleeeennttt.....doh!

I believe at one point there was an image of an atom as one of the logos (shoulder crest) on the older jerseys..... Panther as the main logo. 

Best little town in Manitoba.... best (most beautiful) public golf course in the province (there's several that give it a run....Clear Lake, Gilbert Plains, Minnewasta)..... and, for the most part, you're living on an island...surrounded by water on 3 sides. And it was designed by my grandfather, who was in the inaugural class of Order of Manitoba in 1999 for his work with Whiteshell Nuclear Research Establishment and the design of the townsite to house employees. As Dave says, I could go on and on and on.... It's my favourite place in the entire world, and I just wish there was a way you could still live there and have a full time job. Unfortunate, that.....

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

I have gotten down to just a splash of Coke mainly for colour with water, 40 creek being my Rye of choice.

I find it interesting we are still calling it Rye in Canada. Most Canadian Whiskeys nowadays use a lot of corn mash for their base that's why we no longer see the labeling of Rye Whiskey as much. I actually learned this from a tour of the Jack Daniels distillery in Tennessee a few years ago. I couldn't believe that a good Manitoba company such as the makers of Crown Royal would ever do this, but low and behold what they told me is fact.  I suspect that the 40 Creek is also probably not a true rye anymore.

31 minutes ago, coach17 said:

I find it interesting we are still calling it Rye in Canada. Most Canadian Whiskeys nowadays use a lot of corn mash for their base that's why we no longer see the labeling of Rye Whiskey as much. I actually learned this from a tour of the Jack Daniels distillery in Tennessee a few years ago. I couldn't believe that a good Manitoba company such as the makers of Crown Royal would ever do this, but low and behold what they told me is fact.  I suspect that the 40 Creek is also probably not a true rye anymore.

They call Canadian whisky "Rye", regardless of the grain it's fermented from, but there's still a fair number that state explicitly that they are made with rye.  Alberta Distiller's products are mostly rye based as is Lot 40, which I believe to be the best Canadian Rye on the market, it goes much deeper than the standard brands and edges towards Scotch.

23 hours ago, coach17 said:

Might not even be made at 40 Creek.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

we pair cheese burgers with a 1516 here in the Okanagan....

Not a Merlot? Red meat, you know. And you gotta use stemmed goblets or it looks trashy in the park.

Edited by Tracker