CFL - Pre-Season - All Your Non-Bomber News/Talk - 2023

JCon

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really feel like they weren't expecting him back, or they knew he was gonna be and knew they couldn't afford him, but either way, the "kid" out of Regina was drafted to be a poor man's version of Kongbo because they couldn't bring JK back...

I'd be happy if Bennett could be a poor man's Fernand Kashama.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

sure glad we dont have to deal with that kind of nonesense

Yep.  Our guys call each other out all the time if one of them starts dogging it, and that kick in the ass is always enough because our guys are FIFO. Kongbo tried to bring some accountability to the Lions and got turfed for doing it. LMAO. I feel bad for Kongbo...sort of...it was his choice to sign there,.

Just now, GCn20 said:

Yep.  Our guys call each other out all the time if one of them starts dogging it, and that kick in the ass is always enough because our guys are FIFO. Kongbo tried to bring some accountability to the Lions and got turfed for doing it. LMAO. I feel bad for Kongbo...sort of...it was his choice to sign there,.

That's why I don't see the Lions winning the West. The word "Me" usurps the word "Team". I saw it last year at times with Nathan Rourke whom I felt was thinking that he was just a little too good for the CFL, the off season with Dominique Rhymes complaining publicly about the monetary value of his contract & now with Keon Hatcher getting into it with Kongbo on Twitter. Not a very united locker room. Like GCn20 said, this would never happen here.

31 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Apparently Keon Hatcher managed to find time in his schedule today to go to practice and found out about Kongbo's burn on them.

I'm not a twitter guy but he zinged Kongbo right back.

https://twitter.com/king_kongbo/status/1665770554362585089?s=61&t=baW2TXp0bnUmTIpSkeJyzA

Apparently it has been removed.

Bryan Burnham chimed in too

1 minute ago, CodyT said:

Love how we can say with certainty that Kongbo is the good guy in this based off a few tweets.

We have no idea what transpired. 

For me it’s good enough to know kongbo was a fifo guy and beloved by the coaching staff in Denver, and that bc has shown signs of toxic crap. 
 Kongbo was also considered to be a very high character guy back to his days with the vols. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

For me it’s good enough to know kongbo was a fifo guy and beloved by the coaching staff in Denver, and that bc has shown signs of toxic crap. 
 Kongbo was also considered to be a very high character guy back to his days with the vols. 

Sure, but **** happens. Things change. Egos change. It's all speculation. I hope that to be the case but nothings definitive. It's all off a few tweets

I'm just saying maybe it's a good idea to refrain from judge jury and executioner until we know the facts 

Edited by CodyT

36 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Sure, but **** happens. Things change. Egos change. It's all speculation. I hope that to be the case but nothings definitive. It's all off a few tweets

I'm just saying maybe it's a good idea to refrain from judge jury and executioner until we know the facts 

If he just put them on blast out of nowhere, I might agree with you but it didn't start on his end.

The Lions used their unofficial mouth piece in Farhan to put it out there that he was bad for their culture.   He just responded as most would if their character was attacked.

23 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

If he just put them on blast out of nowhere, I might agree with you but it didn't start on his end.

The Lions used their unofficial mouth piece in Farhan to put it out there that he was bad for their culture.   He just responded as most would if their character was attacked.

Exactly. 

Also - nothing about the Lions  screams “great culture”. 

They act like clowns .

Edited by Geebrr

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Exactly. 

Also - nothing about the Lions  screams “great culture”. 

They act like clowns .

Yup...a team that tries to start crap in parking lot after a game...like they did in cgy last yr to me screams issues and lack of culture and solid leadership

Also from his time here Kongbo was nothing but a hard worker and solid teammate and from all accounts still is

He actually tweated a day before all this happened "winning takes commitment" 

So was he kinda cryptically putting out notice to teammates to buck up?? 

A 2 time champ who survived in the Bomber locker room with no issues whatsoever...and that culture and work and team first...ya I will give him the benefit of doubt

12 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

The Twitter drama surrounding the BC Lions foretell a path of challenges and waning performance, hinting at a disarray of discipline and an impending spell of ill fortune for the team.

As an observer from afar, I relish in the prospect of misfortune for the BC Lions.

TLDR: BC sucks

11 hours ago, CodyT said:

That's fair. But I believe you are forgetting the fact that BC does indeed suck.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Farhan reported that Kongbo didn't react well to finding out he wasn't starting - said a bunch of stuff to other players and coaches.

I don't know guys, I kind of believe that.

I'm biased because I believe Kongbo is a starter. Fans usually forget that every player believes they're a starter as well...as they should. So to come to an organization where maybe your starters aren't putting in work like you are, or like you are used to seeing (remember Russ W was working out on a flight) AND they're getting reps over you. I can see why that would rub a competitor the wrong way. IMO that's they kind of attitude you want in a locker room. Work as hard as me or you're going to hear about it!

Also people should keep in mind, this is the first drama aroud Kongbo...ever? Even his college teammates/coaches only had positive things to say about the guy. 

Edited by Bigblue204