CFL - Pre-Season - All Your Non-Bomber News/Talk - 2023

JCon

2 hours ago, Noeller said:
I’m told Kongbo was “not a fit in the room” & it was important for #BCLions to get back to the chemistry they had before the trade. This deal eliminates what was going back to #TiCats in the Dane Evans deal; a 4th round pick that escalates to a 3rd.

Team cheerleader doing damage control.

1 minute ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Well, when it comes to professionalism, it seems like the BC Lions might need a few extra hours in the PR den to sharpen their claws and tidy up their mane.

Yeah, not a good sign when they trade the players calling out guys instead of the ones who are doggin' it. 

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, not a good sign when they trade the players calling out guys instead of the ones who are doggin' it. 

Rider players aren't liking all this lack of professionalism talk about the Lions and said "hold my beer".

2 hours ago, JCon said:

For a 4th round pick. 

Ties in with the Dane Evans deal.

From the Ti-Cats website.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday, the football club has acquired national defensive lineman Jonathan Kongbo from the BC Lions in exchange for BC’s fourth-round pick in the 2024 Canadian Football League Draft. Hamilton originally acquired the pick in exchange for Dane Evans on February 23.

2 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Lemon waiting breathlessly by the phone for Leo’s to call. 
“Come back Shawn. It was all a big mistake.”

haha.....no doubt eh?...More I think about it...He's be a good 1 yr guy for us....be a good mix with the Jeff's and solid guy if one get hurt....Then next winter we sign Bennet and Kongbo from the Hammer as both should be Free Agents

Oh boy, where do I even begin with the BC Lions and their so-called "star players"? I must admit, it's quite the challenge to pinpoint anyone worthy of that title on their roster. Adams might be the closest they have, but let's not kid ourselves – he's no superstar. As for the rest of the Lions, well, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack of mediocrity. Although, I must confess, there is one player who catches my eye – Jevon Cottoy. He's got a spark of potential amidst the sea of underwhelming talent. But don't get your hopes up too high, because even Cottoy's shining moments can't rescue this Lions team from their eternal struggle. So, to answer your question, I'd say their list of star players is about as empty as their trophy case.

So Kongbo took the leo's cash......thought they were serious about a winner and found out they have a few guys wearing sombreros...... decided to call them out.....gets a ticket out of town and is wondering what the hell happened.....

He should have talked to us first.....Maybe the money wasn't enough here but I think Kongbo found out this is a 'winner' in the Peg, compared to lotus land and that counts for a lot.....Should see him here next year

I'll never begrudge a CFL player for chasing cash but it sucks that Kongbo chose the Lions over coming back to the club who did right by him (on multiple occasions) so that he could explore NFL interest.  He'd slot in so nicely in place of Jeffcoat and be an integral part of our rotation.  Maybe he's not interested in being a "bench guy" and envisions himself a starter and chose based on that .. I remember there were some rumblings about that when he was here. 

Regardless .. still sucks.

I really feel like they weren't expecting him back, or they knew he was gonna be and knew they couldn't afford him, but either way, the "kid" out of Regina was drafted to be a poor man's version of Kongbo because they couldn't bring JK back...