CFL - Pre-Season - All Your Non-Bomber News/Talk - 2023

JCon

Just now, Noeller said:

Yes - sorry, I should have caught that. I think we've all just given up on that shithole...

Says a lot though that brand new owners in mtl and a guy starting his second campaign as owner in bc will combine for 3 large concerts for their game day experience while the mighty mlse does jack $&@!

44 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Let's be honest.  LL Cool J and OLP aren't drawing anyone in 2023.

People who were maybe on the fence about going might be swayed. Nostalgia shouldn't be underestimated either.

And like Noeller said, at least they're doing something. 

We can add Cgy to the list of owners who doesn't give a ****.

Edited by Bigblue204

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If "youngish" is 45-50.  I'm almost 40 and LL Cool J was hardly a relevant performer in my lifetime.  

His hits were mostly late 80s to early 90s with his last and one of his bigger hits with jlo in 02 and biggest solo hit from 90. May not have been relevant to you, but that doesn’t mean he’s a 70s guy. I’ll bet he’s far more relevant to the majority of cfl players that all the country acts we’ve had in the last 20 years. 
 When I lived in bc it was kind of starved for big concerts too. Though I wasn’t in vc. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

His hits were mostly late 80s to early 90s with his last and one of his bigger hits with jlo in 02 and biggest solo hit from 90. May not have been relevant to you, but that doesn’t mean he’s a 70s guy. I’ll bet he’s far more relevant to the majority of cfl players that all the country acts we’ve had in the last 20 years. 
 When I lived in bc it was kind of starved for big concerts too. Though I wasn’t in vc. 

The crucial audience they need to get into stadiums is a generation or two below anyone who will be interested.  That's my point.

The acts they need to get into the stadium to attract the fans they need are people we won't even recognize the names of.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules