CFL - Pre-Season - All Your Non-Bomber News/Talk - 2023

JCon

The native of Brea, Calif. is making an effort to learn French out of respect for Quebec’s culture. He indicated that he was recently able to order a meal using the local language while out for breakfast with the team’s quarterbacks.

“They’re embracing us in the community and we want to be a part of the community,” he said. “As an American, I’m thankful to be in the CFL. It’s my first year with the Als, so I want to do everything I can to immerse myself amongst this community even if I sound like a rookie with French, but I’m trying to learn it and trying to grow.”

As good a reason as any to learn a language. Respect.

On 2023-05-11 at 2:40 PM, Noeller said:

Riders media are absolute gems..............

Good luck with all this, Dickie.......good luck. 

One of the most overused, misused sayings some people use on social media to get attention, look at me I'm being controversial, I'm unique:

'Here's a bold prediction, ...'

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

😂   This should work well:  

"Jason Maas, who served as Fajardo’s offensive coordinator with the Riders in 2022, is now the head coach of the Alouettes."

some predicted quotes:  "Just have to correct a few things.";  "need a receiver who can catch fifty fifty balls" 

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

😂   This should work well:  

"Jason Maas, who served as Fajardo’s offensive coordinator with the Riders in 2022, is now the head coach of the Alouettes."

some predicted quotes:  "Just have to correct a few things.";  "need a receiver who can catch fifty fifty balls" 

Need a receiver who can catch 75-25 balls.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Need a receiver who can catch 75-25 balls.

75 ground 25 db lol 

38 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Only in the CFL can you fail upwards. Terrible O in Saskatchewan.. gets fired, gets rewarding with a head coaching position..

Only in the cfl can you fail as oc and qb1 with one team then go to another team to be hc and qb1. It’s even crazier to me that some one looked at that mess and wanted both. 
 I could understand if the treadmill caused maas to be recycled as a hc. They could blame cf. and cf being a starter? Blame maas. But to take both is crazy. 

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Als do have a better OL than the Riders - so the Faj might make a few more plays

The irony in all this: Harris had a not to bad season last year, and both he and the Als would be better off, if he had stayed

If the ownership situation had been settled by then, I'd bet a lot of players (like Eugene Lewis) would have stuck around.

On 2023-05-17 at 9:06 AM, Mark H. said:

Als do have a better OL than the Riders - so the Faj might make a few more plays

The irony in all this: Harris had a not to bad season last year, and both he and the Als would be better off, if he had stayed

For Harris as soon as he hits the red zone things frequently become unraveled.

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

ehhhhhhhhhh....

Captain obvious here. Does being 'just more relaxed' in practice translate to game speed/pressure situations? 

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

For Harris as soon as he hits the red zone things frequently become unraveled.

Captain obvious here. Does being 'just more relaxed' in practice translate to game speed/pressure situations? 

Imo it does. When guys get that slowing down of the game they generally take a big step forward. It’s when they rush that they get in trouble