CFL - Pre-Season - All Your Non-Bomber News/Talk - 2023

JCon

Elks receiving corp could be....could.....be top 4 in league...Lewis is good....Dunbar is a nice compliment...but Moore?...meh...dime a dozen player...Mitchell...lets see what he does in more games....guys like him have come and gone before...need to sustain...I do like that running back....but big....Huge question mark with QB's there....and is that O-line a dominant unit....time will tell...I'd rank them just below the stamps...and just above the Riders in terms of receiving groups in the west...and not sure what they have for depth behind the starters....

Thats what I like about our unit...with what we know from last year...BOLO, Agudosi and Mcrae can be more than adequate replacements behind our starters, and we have some interesting talent competing beyond them this yr as well

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

He'll be judged on his flexes. Nothing more, nothing less. 

have to have that Flex appeal haha

46 minutes ago, Booch said:

Elks receiving corp could be....could.....be top 4 in league...Lewis is good....Dunbar is a nice compliment...but Moore?...meh...dime a dozen player...Mitchell...lets see what he does in more games....guys like him have come and gone before...need to sustain...I do like that running back....but big....Huge question mark with QB's there....and is that O-line a dominant unit....time will tell...I'd rank them just below the stamps...and just above the Riders in terms of receiving groups in the west...and not sure what they have for depth behind the starters....

Thats what I like about our unit...with what we know from last year...BOLO, Agudosi and Mcrae can be more than adequate replacements behind our starters, and we have some interesting talent competing beyond them this yr as well

So he is going to buy a Ford fine product?

15 hours ago, Booch said:

man how times have changed.  In 2013 BOLO would've been our top national on O...

16 hours ago, Booch said:

It’s certainly going to be more balanced and not nearly as old as their core was in camp last year. More grey hair in the wr core last year than the coaching staff for tc. 
 I don’t expect much from a mcadoo offense but it’ll be interesting to see if heavy balls can grow and  improve. 

8 minutes ago, johnzo said:

man how times have changed.  In 2013 BOLO would've been our top national on O...

I could see him taking a big step forward this year. He was so good and smooth in limited action last year. Really excited to see what he can do. 
 Being able to wait and develop guys like him is a tremendous luxury, not to mention having great guys for him to learn from. As the ratio quality goes so goes the team. 

56 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Elks claim they averaged 20,000 fans a game last year. Who are they kidding??

Is that ticket sales...or actual bums in seats?...I could see it, as likely a lot of people bought tickets..seasons/flex's etc...and chose not to waste more money actually going there...good thing they had a massive war chest of loot to cover losses the last 3-4 yrs

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Elks claim they averaged 20,000 fans a game last year. Who are they kidding??

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Is that ticket sales...or actual bums in seats?...I could see it, as likely a lot of people bought tickets..seasons/flex's etc...and chose not to waste more money actually going there...good thing they had a massive war chest of loot to cover losses the last 3-4 yrs

I think it’s total fans in existence last year. 

things are gonna get ugly fast over the next two years if edm doesn’t get better. 

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'll state the obvious, at least to me, they need a damn QB to excel not to manage. 

Honestly almost every bad team needs that. They need a miracle. I worry that even winning alone might not turn things around quickly for them. 

Milanovich to ham seems strange. That staff has been together for a while. I can’t see them axing Coach o mid season little on doing so and replacing him with Scott. But I feel like confusion with what ham is trying to do has become the new norm. 

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The state of the CFL in Alberta right now is a little concerning. Calgary is quickly becoming a tire fire, and Edmonton with a multi-million dollar loss....yikes.

Cgy is a flat out embarrassment. That stadium is an eye sore and the attendance was pitiful last year. This year they're actually going to "hide" seats under banners like they do in BC place...I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd love for the CFL to force the owner to spending some real money on the team or selling tovsomeone who actually wants to be here.

Edited by Bigblue204

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Cgy is a flat out embarrassment. That stadium is an eye sore and the attendance was pitiful last year. This year they're actually going to "hide" seats under banners like they do in BC place...I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd love for the CFL to force the owner to spending some real money on the team or selling tovsomeone who actually wants to be here.

perhaps they could go with a community model like the Bombers, rather than having an owner?  

36 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The state of the CFL in Alberta right now is a little concerning. Calgary is quickly becoming a tire fire, and Edmonton with a multi-million dollar loss....yikes.

it started by allowing that lunatic Chris Jones back into the fold.  Imagine if that idiot was brought in to replace the Canadian mafia?  IGF would become a ghost town too.  The team before Jones was a  dumpster fire too. Edmonton has been stepping on rakes now for too long.

Sideshow-bob-rakes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY