Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

18 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not a fan of them using #33.

I agree... not expecting the # to be retired... but I thought they would take it out of rotation for a little while

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

We’ve had a 1 for the past several years if that’s ok then 33 is too. 

You can't really retire most numbers because you need so many in football... but I think there's probably a time frame there to honour some of the greats... not sure what that is, maybe 5 years?... I don't remember if #1 was issued only two seasons after Charlie left... but if it was, I would disagree with that too.... I remember being a disappointed when #97 was issued only a few years after DB retired...#85 still hasn't been issued since Milt retired.   

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

AD WE STILL MAY....Big no to Sankey tho...He cant do what Biggie is responsible in our system

Haba may be that guy and I'll spend the rest of the year singing his praises.

And I'm the biggest Kyrie fan in the world. Thought he'd be DPOY last year. Incredibly disappointed that he's not ready yet. 

Just now, Jesse said:

Haba may be that guy and I'll spend the rest of the year singing his praises.

And I'm the biggest Kyrie fan in the world. Thought he'd be DPOY last year. Incredibly disappointed that he's not ready yet. 

Yeah that one puzzles me...maybe they want to be totally sure on him but from what I understood...he was right on track....maybe they just wanted to see others in TC?...who knows unless he had a lil set back....and I'm fine with that as he will be back...and makes us much better

Haba...I think we are gonna n=be impressed...like his makeup in several areas...and with more time here now...should look even better...dude was here for only a minute, and made impact in the pre-season game

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Haba...I think we are gonna n=be impressed...like his makeup in several areas...and with more time here now...should look even better...dude was here for only a minute, and made impact in the pre-season game

For the time he's been here.....very impressive

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I agree... not expecting the # to be retired... but I thought they would take it out of rotation for a little while

You can't really retire most numbers because you need so many in football... but I think there's probably a time frame there to honour some of the greats... not sure what that is, maybe 5 years?... I don't remember if #1 was issued only two seasons after Charlie left... but if it was, I would disagree with that too.... I remember being a disappointed when #97 was issued only a few years after DB retired...#85 still hasn't been issued since Milt retired.   

#1 was used in short order (I didn't like it at the time - huge Charlie fan).

#85 should be out of use - that's a best player of all time player. I personally don't care if they use #33. I think I'd feel differently if he was with us for his whole career. 

Regarding Canadians on d, I thought Redha Kramdi looked pretty good in his reps last year (played fast, brought the lumber) but I believe that was at hb, and no one is taking Nichols or Parker (barring injury) out of those spots.

Honestly thought the prospects/scouting were great with Rigmaiden also feeding the pipeline.  Was bummed to see him jump ship after the lost 2020 season.

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

https://twitter.com/friesensunmedia/status/1665810815314808837

You’ve heard the joke about an athlete being out with a hangnail. Blue #Bombers LB Adam Bighill revealed he missed all of training camp with an ingrown toenail.

that HAS to be a joke, right? 

told you it was a big nothing burger...seen him personally and up close training...there was nothing wrong

and am certain he...and a couple of others who were "injured" have been putting in the work and will be just fine condition wise on Friday

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, Booch said:

told you it was a big nothing burger...seen him personally and up close training...there was nothing wrong

and am certain he...and a couple of others who were "injured" have been putting in the work and will be just fine condition wise on Friday

Anyone wondering about Bighill's conditioning has obviously never seen this man work out. His cardio regimen would leave most triathletes gasping for air.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

They are painful and if he did get them removed it takes a bit for it to heal up.

Nothing like locker rooms and sweaty socks and shoes to turn an ingrown into a bad infection. Sounds silly but yea....if he had to have some of his toenail removed you gotta wait a bit to make sure it doesn't get an infection.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

They are painful and if he did get them removed it takes a bit for it to heal up.

Yeah people under estimate it. Especially if it was caused by turf toe. Then to get that foot into a cleat esh that’s no fun. 
Biggie doesn’t need tc. I’m just glad he’s gonna be 100. 

26 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Paul Friesen update on the Kenny Lawler situation, the first thing to hit me is that it isn’t a total hit job on the Bombers. I wonder if Friese is feeling okay…

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/kenny-lawler-snafu-hangs-over-blue-bombers-as-season-opener-looms?r#Echobox=1686011867

And they probably deserved a bit of a hit job for this one.

4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Hard to say if the blame can be put on the team or not. Lawless did the crime and the courts and CBSA work at their speed, not anyone else’s.

I think everyone involved played a role. I'm sure this could have been resolved earlier, it's probably Lawler and his lawyer who delayed it so he could play uninterrupted last season. He pled guilty 2 months ago, and both player and team seem to have been caught by this unaware. It seems like it could have been addressed immediately following the guilty plea. 

At the very least, the team didn't do the proper due diligence, imo. 

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

strong opinion.

what information do you have, and what is your ecperience in criminal law, and immigration law?

I personally don't think it's that strong of an opinion. I know many of us will defend the Bombers organization to the death, but people make mistakes, and being that no one involved has any of the experience you just pointed out, it was probably an easy thing to overlook.