Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

From Cameron:

Jersey number changes ahead of tomorrow’s first practice of the regular season: 

Les Maruo - #00

Tyrrell Pigrome - #13 

Abu Daramay-Swaray - #15 

Jake Kelly - #16

Jamieson Sheahan - #18

Karl Schmitz - #26

Malik Clements - #33

Matt Cole - #38

Amare Jones - #81

Jeremy M urphy - #87

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

From Cameron:

Jersey number changes ahead of tomorrow’s first practice of the regular season: 

Tyrrell Pigrome - #13 

Just like Teemu taking #13 in his first two seasons because a vet (Randy Carlyle) already had #8.  In this case it appears that "Piggy-T" wore #3 in college but Hansen has that number on lock down.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Also looks like they got that Double Zero thing worked out for Maruo which is nice. 

Cause Clements switched.  Apparently can't have a 0 and a 00, but can have either.

18 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Just like Teemu taking #13 in his first two seasons because a vet (Randy Carlyle) already had #8.  In this case it appears that "Piggy-T" wore #3 in college but Hansen has that number on lock down.

And wore 4 at Towson the last couple years.

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Also looks like they got that Double Zero thing worked out for Maruo which is nice. 

Oh, the Double Zero, #00! It's a powerful and rare jersey number in football, my friend. Those who dare to don it harness an unruly and intimidating energy. Maruo has claimed it for himself, and now he'll unleash havoc on the field. Watch out, opponents! The Double Zero is coming for you! Brace yourselves for his unstoppable force!

1 minute ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Oh, the Double Zero, #00! It's a powerful and rare jersey number in football, my friend. Those who dare to don it harness an unruly and intimidating energy. Maruo has claimed it for himself, and now he'll unleash havoc on the field. Watch out, opponents! The Double Zero is coming for you! Brace yourselves for his unstoppable force!

00 or OO apparently means "Maruo" in Japanese, so it's culturally important for him. 

3 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Or he will expected to commit seppuku at midfield following any gaffe that leads to an opposition score.

5 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

I sure do like pumpkins Cotton!

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

00 or OO apparently means "Maruo" in Japanese, so it's culturally important for him. 

Ah, the power of cultural significance! When a player connects with a number that carries meaning in their heritage, it adds an extra dimension to their performance on the field. The energy and determination that come from embracing one's cultural roots can propel them to new heights.

12 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I sure do like pumpkins Cotton!

In the wise words of my namesake, "It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them." In the world of CFL football, we often witness daring tactics and risky plays. It's all about taking chances and seeing if they lead to success on the field. So, let's embrace the excitement and find out if these bold strategies bring glory to the teams willing to take the risk.

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

I would contend that Dalton Schoen is at least a substantial rookie find last year. I do believe he won an award or something…

This board this weekend…UGH!!!

Yeah we've added a Schoen...Houston...Parker/Holm ..now possibly a Thomas and Haba...let's see what they do before saying we added no new talent

Injuries hurt us more last yr than aging players who's play fell off cliff dramatically

Also we have transitioned from Harris....Couture...have 2 young stud Canadian olineman in depth now with Dobson and Eli

Brought back best receiver in league..who is in his prime yes in place of a grissled vet..who is what he is and likely in decline...and hurt all last yr

Brought in upgrades to kickers from last yr....have replaced our short yardage QB with a younger more dynamic QB with tons of possible upside...

Like man...what more u want..wholesale roster makeover where it may not even need it? Let's see how first 3rd of yr goes before complaining 

39 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

😈

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Neither. 

Disagree 

No numbers are sacred. It’s fair. With the size of the rosters it’d be impossible to retire the 10 or so numbers. 
 Personally I’d love to see a badge on the shoulder or maybe inside the number or some thing that pays homage to the legend that made the number famous. 

In football, jersey numbers are like a game of musical chairs. Players come and go, and those numbers keep shuffling around. It's like an ongoing dance where we embrace the superstitions and quirks that each number brings. So, let's roll with it and enjoy the mystique of these jersey numbers. Who knows, maybe that number on your new favorite player's back will bring some good luck and lead to unforgettable moments on the field. It's all part of the unpredictable, superstitious charm of football.

5 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

In football, jersey numbers are like a game of musical chairs. Players come and go, and those numbers keep shuffling around. It's like an ongoing dance where we embrace the superstitions and quirks that each number brings. So, let's roll with it and enjoy the mystique of these jersey numbers. Who knows, maybe that number on your new favorite player's back will bring some good luck and lead to unforgettable moments on the field. It's all part of the unpredictable, superstitious charm of football.

Personally I have a weird thing. I just love seeing some positional numbers. We wearing 7/13, de/lber wearing 55-58, any one wearing 00, wr wearing 81, 84, 87-89, dl wearing 94+, offensive players with 1. Idk why, just love it. 

17 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Until AH retired and is on the ring of honour anyone who wants it can wear that as far as I am concerned. After that, you need to earn it or have his permission. 

oh right...I was wondering...why all of this sudden love for Pat Cantner?  AH makes more sense. 

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah was thinking more defensively and Canadian, but you're right.  Keep finding DB's too.  DL/LB are kind of a dead zone though.

Wilcots looked good last year in his game action, if I recall, before we traded him for Darby. Would be nice to have him around.