Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

21 hours ago, Atomic said:

Lots of "injured" vets right now who just don't want to practice.

Again... other than Bighill, who is an "injured" vet just sitting out for fun... and Tait did report this morning that Bighill is hurt... so as far as I can tell there's zero players taking the camp off just because

Heat warning in effect. Fun stuff. Should be fun tho, my 8 year old and I will be heading to the game. Its technically her second game but prob first she will remember so can't wait. Daddy daughter date lol. Mom ain't coming:) but she's giving us a ride and picking us up so that's cool. I mean unless my parents decide to come too lol. 

Edited by Goalie

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Heat warning in effect. Fun stuff. Should be fun tho, my 8 year old and I will be heading to the game. Its technically her second game but prob first she will remember so can't wait. Daddy daughter date lol. Mom ain't coming:) but she's giving us a ride and picking us up so that's cool. I mean unless my parents decide to come too lol. 

Bringing my 5 year old for her first game!

I bought a parking pass because she's coming. Will suck on the way in, I'm assuming, but we'll likely leave pretty early and have a quick exit.

35 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Bringing my 5 year old for her first game!

I bought a parking pass because she's coming. Will suck on the way in, I'm assuming, but we'll likely leave pretty early and have a quick exit.

University Cresc. Down to one lane going in. Time yourself accordingly. 
Wishing you both an awesome time. 
Take pics. They will be priceless on the day of her wedding. 

36 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This whole TC is giving me a weird vibe. I need the real season to start so I can stop worrying.

Based on your online name, the real season ain’t going to do anything about that and I’m right there with you. Until that final whistle goes, all bets are off. :)

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

My bad. Wrong player. Embarrassing for me. Mea Culpa. I'm Sorry. Your story still isn't likely or within 1% of being right. 

Yay, new tag line for me!

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

ALWAYS remember to have your facts straight before you head to court.....lawyer 101

Trump pays in advance ... Lawyer 201

31 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Construction on University was the same last year and it was not bad. 

They are working on one lane in both directions. Looks like leaving on University will be much worse than last year. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

If they don't have to pay Lawler for 3 or 4 games the cap savings would be significant.

Not as much as one would think. He received a 125k signing bonus so his per game salary is around 7k. Then the player replacing him on the roster needs to get paid. So the savings per game will only be a couple of grand.

49 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It doesn't matter as this team is built to win now. Not 3 years from now. So, adding an older experienced DL like Bryant or Lemon isn't that big of a deal. They'd probably sign 1 year deals anyway. 

Does anyone know the reason Lemon left the Bombers' practice roster many moons ago? I just know I've soured on him ever since.

54 minutes ago, Tracker said:

With our Big Gun receiver sidelined, if he will be unavailable for any length of time, could we see Darvin Adams back here?

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nope. We have some young receivers who deserve a shot. They need to get some playing time to develop. 

The big thing with Darvin is he could be a nationalized di for half the reps. That means we could start bolo and sub adams with the nis as the back up and start an imp rb if Brady isn’t good to go. 

39 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Does anyone know the reason Lemon left the Bombers' practice roster many moons ago? I just know I've soured on him ever since.

No clue. But basically every face involved has changed since then. And I’m sure he’s changed a lot too. 
 I expect they are hoping for one of the rookies to step up if that fails then they will look at vets but likely only if one of ours aren’t 100%. 
 Id prefer Mccalister. 

4 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

They are working on one lane in both directions. Looks like leaving on University will be much worse than last year. 

Not as much as one would think. He received a 125k signing bonus so his per game salary is around 7k. Then the player replacing him on the roster needs to get paid. So the savings per game will only be a couple of grand.

I feel like last year they basically shut down traffic toward the stadium after the game so that there'd be more flow out