Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

18 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Oliviera's readiness is one of the bigger worries for me.  I mean ultimately you want the guy good to guy when the games matter most, but we sure haven't seen anyone else in the RB role look even remotely capable the past couple seasons (like from 21 training camp to now).  No run game = a much higher degree of difficulty for Collaros.

Possibly, but Collaros is the perfect QB to utilize a six-pack receiver set and we ought to have the best O-line in the league to give him the extra three seconds.

30 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Possibly, but Collaros is the perfect QB to utilize a six-pack receiver set and we ought to have the best O-line in the league to give him the extra three seconds.

Doesn't really work like that when Collaros isn't a runner.  Sure he's a scrambler.  A QB in that situation takes a beating.  You use jet sweeps to keep the DL back on their heels a bit, but you need a running back.

1 hour ago, Goldkobra said:

Just speculation,  maybe Lawler missed a court date, given that he was in edmonton last season and now has an unresolved contempt of court charge that has to be cleared up. 

This is what I figured it could be, the timing makes sense. Perhaps he’s out until he can make court again, but it’s speculation like you said.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Doesn't really work like that when Collaros isn't a runner.  Sure he's a scrambler.  A QB in that situation takes a beating.  You use jet sweeps to keep the DL back on their heels a bit, but you need a running back.

I mean if you are running bunch packages and moving the pocket and disguising the wr who blocks he’s very well inclined. But our offense isn’t set up like that and it’s much better off with a rb. It’s a huge health risk that just isn’t worth while. We’d be much better off dipping the ratio starting an imp rb and bringing Brady’s touches up slowly. 

46 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I mean if you are running bunch packages and moving the pocket and disguising the wr who blocks he’s very well inclined. But our offense isn’t set up like that and it’s much better off with a rb. It’s a huge health risk that just isn’t worth while. We’d be much better off dipping the ratio starting an imp rb and bringing Brady’s touches up slowly. 

Yeah I guess my point is none of our import backs are jumping off the page.

8 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I wish I'd taken the wager before the news came out today from the club proving you to be completely wrong & proving that the my 'most likely case' was wrong too. 

If, like you suggest, 'most people on the forum' have drawn the same wrong conclusion, then you are proving that having the most people on your side doesn't mean you are right.

How does today's news prove me wrong? Totally different player and scenario.

12 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Probably not a huge savings considering he took less for this season. But makes me wonder if it might inch them a little closer to being able to afford Lemon.

I'd use it to try and get Brandon Bryant back,,,,see what he has in him...

From Ed Tait's game preview:

Currently injured are LB Adam Bighill, RB/WR Greg McCrae, CBs Winston Rose and Desmond Lawrence along with LB Kyrie Wilson, DE Thiadric Hansen and OL Tui Eli.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/06/01/game-preview-pre-season-vs-ssk/

First time it's been stated that he is injured.

18 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

He was a late TC cut (beat out by Stove in camp) and I believe chose to sign with the Als rather than take a PR spot here. 

Yeah....that was a shocker...especially with Stove being a late camp addition....Bryant had a good camp too...I was impressed......Thomas was a late camp addition this yr...maybe lightning in a bottle twice?....He looked good....curious to see what he does to the starting Sask o-line tonight

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Yeah....that was a shocker...especially with Stove being a late camp addition....Bryant had a good camp too...I was impressed......Thomas was a late camp addition this yr...maybe lightning in a bottle twice?....He looked good....curious to see what he does to the starting Sask o-line tonight

Exactly what we need right now is to make our starting Dline older :)

10 hours ago, GCn20 said:

How does today's news prove me wrong? Totally different player and scenario.

My bad. Wrong player. Embarrassing for me. Mea Culpa. I'm Sorry. Your story still isn't likely or within 1% of being right.