Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

52 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I was responding to Goalie's suggestion that Castillo could be at risk of losing his job to Staton, I don't think a decision like that should be made quickly, again experience and past performance under pressure counts.

And I missed the quote. Fair enough! No need to make a quick decision. 

Edited by Rod Black

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

You have nothing but a made up story that has a bunch of holes in it. You're assuming your ideas are facts & confusing 'What Ifs' with proof. 

Have the Bombers sent players home and put them on the suspended list? Yes. Did they do it in this in Grants case? Maybe? Is that proof? Nope.

Have the Bombers offered to give players the first week off and let them go home? Maybe? Did they do it in this case? Maybe? Is that proof? Nope.  

Is your story possible? Yes. Doesn't that make it true? Possibly. Does it put the Bombers in the best light possible? Yes. 

It's your MO. Take a possibility that puts the Bombers in the best light possible, say that's what happened, then argue with anyone (No it's not JUST me) who asks for proof. 

just-let-it-go-forget-it.gif

Sorry but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, I am going to use a little bit of reasonable deduction and assume it's a duck. I am not like you and will not ask it to prove it's not a moose because there is a 1% chance it's a moose in disguise. I can't prove i am right, but I would wager big money on it and I think most people on this forum will think the conclusion i have come to, based on everything we know on this, is more than reasonable. So...a big whatever to you...I guess.

Edited by GCn20

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Sorry but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, I am going to use a little bit of reasonable deduction and assume it's a duck. I am not like you and will not ask it to prove it's not a moose because there is a 1% chance it's a moose in disguise. I can't prove i am right, but I would wager big money on it and I think most people on this forum will think the conclusion i have come to, based on everything we know on this, is more than reasonable. So...a big whatever to you...I guess.

I’ll vote that you have a theory, inconclusive. 

Edited by Rod Black

14 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Of course. But it doesn’t really matter, does it? 

It doesn't matter to you I guess. I am happy with the conclusions I have drawn as being the most overwhelmingly likely scenario with any other interpretation being a fractional % chance of accuracy. I will reserve my todaso for when we probably get the whole story from the horse's mouth in the near future, and it ends up being exactly as I described.

Edited by GCn20

40 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It doesn't matter to you I guess. I am happy with the conclusions I have drawn as being the most overwhelmingly likely scenario with any other interpretation being a fractional % chance of accuracy. I will reserve my todaso for when we probably get the whole story from the horse's mouth in the near future, and it ends up being exactly as I described.

And it’s ok for you to be happy with the heart felt conclusion you have drawn. Your conviction or belief may provide you with motivation to discuss, but not everyone will and won’t buy it - which I can say with conviction. I wouldn’t speculate whether we get the whole story at all, because we’ve been told it’s private, maybe it’s a goofy story anyways, and many folks appear fine with the silence. What would a told you so prove anyway and what would you do if your wrong? 
Keep speculating! There’s fun in that. 

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

So, now Lawler's been suspended (definitely for disciplinary reasons) due to his incident last time he played for us. F****** heck, man.

What? Impaired driving? 

Edited by Rod Black

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I can't remember if he was arrested/charged for the DUI thing?   Maybe he violated terms?

He was definitely arrested and formally charged but haven't seen any info out there on what kind of punishment he got.  The court system doesn't usually move very fast so maybe it hasn't all played out yet?

Edited by bigg jay

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I wish I'd taken the wager before the news came out today from the club proving you to be completely wrong & proving that the my 'most likely case' was wrong too. 

If, like you suggest, 'most people on the forum' have drawn the same wrong conclusion, then you are proving that having the most people on your side doesn't mean you are right.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I wish I'd taken the wager before the news came out today from the club proving you to be completely wrong & proving that the my 'most likely case' was wrong too. 

If, like you suggest, 'most people on the forum' have drawn the same wrong conclusion, then you are proving that having the most people on your side doesn't mean you are right.

Man, who cares??? Kenny Lawler's been suspended. That's what people care about right now. Not your conspiracy theories. Or feeding your ego arguing about stuff that isn't important.