Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

14 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Since your inquiring, It’s used in the context of language interpretation. Glad you read it by the way. 

It’s clear you don’t like what I said, in the context of discussion, and now provide orders to disappear. Are you an admin or moderator?

The magnitude of the discipline suspension issue is small, yet folks keep bringing it forward. 

It's not small,  it was the central point of your questioning. You wondered why he got suspended because suspension are discipline issues. 

I'm suggesting you slink away to avoid further embarrassment. You want to keep trying to pretend you didn't speak incorrectly go ahead, but until you can wrap your head around why your premise is wrong  I'll keep trying to enlighten you.

Grant was placed on the suspended list, aka suspended, yes everyone agrees with that... coach said it was a personal matter, which could be anything. You come in acting like he's done something to get suspended. That's what the issue is. 

24 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He practiced the first day. He would not have been allowed to do so unless he passed his physical. Nice try but as usual you are out to lunch.

He wasn't given a week off, or he would have been back on Monday. Back on Wednesday means 1 practice or just the walk through before Friday's game. 

Practice spots aren't that valuable or they would have suspended Bighill etc. which they didn't.

MOS said he needed some extra time. That's more likely to mean to heal than to go home to his family. It certainly doesn't say here are your choices. 

Any vet on any team who gets suspended day 1 is likely to have physical problems, that includes Bombers. 

They could have suspended him after day 1 when they found out he 'wasn't ready yet'. That's similar, but not the same as not passing the physical, but not similar or even close to the same as here are your choices. 

For the above reasons, your story, although not impossible, is very much improbable. One might even go as far as to call it out to lunch.

dwight-the-office.gif

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's not small,  it was the central point of your questioning. You wondered why he got suspended because suspension are discipline issues. 

I'm suggesting you slink away to avoid further embarrassment. You want to keep trying to pretend you didn't speak incorrectly go ahead, but until you can wrap your head around why your premise is wrong  I'll keep trying to enlighten you.

Grant was placed on the suspended list, aka suspended, yes everyone agrees with that... coach said it was a personal matter, which could be anything. You come in acting like he's done something to get suspended. That's what the issue is. 

You’re the one characterizing my statement as “not small”. I’ve said it’s Small and therefore makes makes it not central to questioning. I’ve mentioned it’s a small issue repeatedly to ensure those that I’m responding to posters and don’t want them to think I’m attacking them. His suspension list inclusion is minimal on what I think of Grant. Great player. No way am I attacking a favourite. You’re the one elevating the issue, inflating what I’ve said as the problem.
don’t worry about my embarrassment. No need for that. You don’t need to enlighten me, I don’t think of you in that way. 
I have, not even once, suggested he did something to warrant suspension, but I did ask if he did something, once at the the first posting, because I didn’t know.  You can follow the posts, rather than make things up.
I do assert, not in grants case, and what I have been subsequently discussing, that suspension in a contract implies a disciplinary response. Others say no. Which in my opinion, with reasons and citing, varies. I’m not evil or misguided. 
I take it you’re not a moderator or admin guy. 

Edited by Rod Black

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

--- TECHNICAL QUERY ---

Is it just my browser (Google Chrome) or do the Twitter links no longer display and are just a link now?

In this case, I used “copy link”. Also only see a link, yet I’m using a safari browser on an iPad. 

45 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

You’re the one characterizing my statement as “not small”. I’ve said it’s Small and therefore makes makes it not central to questioning. I’ve mentioned it’s a small issue repeatedly to ensure those that I’m responding to posters and don’t want them to think I’m attacking them. His suspension list inclusion is minimal on what I think of Grant. Great player. No way am I attacking a favourite. You’re the one elevating the issue, inflating what I’ve said as the problem.
don’t worry about my embarrassment. No need for that. You don’t need to enlighten me, I don’t think of you in that way. 
I have, not even once, suggested he did something to warrant suspension, but I did ask if he did something, once at the the first posting, because I didn’t know.  You can follow the posts, rather than make things up.
I do assert, not in grants case, and what I have been subsequently discussing, that suspension in a contract implies a disciplinary response. Others say no. Which in my opinion, with reasons and citing, varies. I’m not evil or misguided. 
I take it you’re not a moderator or admin guy. 

“maybe if I just write a lot of words, nobody will notice I’m not really saying anything at all”

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

“maybe if I just write a lot of words, nobody will notice I’m not really saying anything at all”

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Or what he is saying is flat out wrong anyway based on his own links. 

It’s your choice. I didn’t say you had to read any of it.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

so.. what does linking to a UK union website definition have to do with the CFL exactly?

You time to just slink away and accept that your definition is wrong.

never mind the link itself even goes so far as to back up what everyone else is saying...

A suspension is when you remain employed but are asked to not attend your place of work, or engage in any work at all (such as working from home).

There are two main types of suspension:

suspension for medical or health and safety reasons;

suspension as part of a disciplinary procedure (investigation).

I can think of a third interpretation, a "CFL suspension" means you can make use of the designation however you choose, and no one will ever follow up on it.

You know training camp is boring when there are less fights breaking out in practice between guys on the same team over stupid stuff and short tempers than the numbers of fights over stupid stuff breaking out on this forum. 

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Let's just acknowledge the obvious. Grant is with the CIA, and he got called away to run a psy-op in Peru. The Bombers and the CIA have a reciprocal agreement such that the CIA won't schedule any foreign psy-ops in November so he's available for playoffs.

Glad he's back.

And his real name is George Santos!

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

You know training camp is boring when there are less fights breaking out in practice between guys on the same team over stupid stuff and short tempers than the numbers of fights over stupid stuff breaking out on this forum. 

Who is George santos? 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I feel like the tc fight days are pretty much over. With out tackling/hitting you just get some pushing shoving and raised voices. 

I'm extremely interested in the kicking situation.  I feel the incumbents don't have any particular advantage, including Castillo as an incumbent.  In fact my gut feeling is that Liegghio won't be on this team...and I think some people are going to be surprised that teams aren't beating down his door to sign him up either.  The global punters that came north this year are ridiculously good.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm extremely interested in the kicking situation.  I feel the incumbents don't have any particular advantage, including Castillo as an incumbent.  In fact my gut feeling is that Liegghio won't be on this team...and I think some people are going to be surprised that teams aren't beating down his door to sign him up either.  The global punters that came north this year are ridiculously good.

You’re right about the punters, the intrigue and that what the rookies have done kicking and punting could be a game changer. That said I think the old boys club will keep one or both around even if not on the active roster.