Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

My buddy was at that game in B.C. with his girlfriend on a road trip and was going nuts lol. While slightly inebriated he even pulled out the infamous "BEAT THE TRAFFIC" key jingling chant as B.C. fans were leaving in droves early in the 4th quarter lol.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

He was only 27 yards shy of breaking the all time single game rushing record. Noticed this snippet in a Vancouver Sun article following the game which makes it sting even more: "And it could have been worse. Reid had a 24-yard touchdown run called back because he had neglected to sit out the required three plays following an injury to his hamstring". Oh so close!

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

The most insane thing about this is this happened in 2009. It's not the highest rushing total in a game ever (it's ranked 3rd), but the other two records ahead of it were both set in the 60s.

I was at that game.  Fred Reid was unstoppable.  Yvenson Bernard too.  It was like the BC Lions couldn't tackle that night to save their lives.  They all caught a case of the Neil McKinlays. What you guys may not know is that Fred got hurt at one point in the game, and then after two plays and thanks to Mike Kelly's ineptitude in not remembering the three play rule for injuries, Fred went back into the game, and ran for like a 30 yard TD.  The TD got called back when Wally threw a challenge flag (I knew Wally had to call it but man what a bummer) and the refs ruled the TD was not allowed as Fred hadn't sat out three plays.  Imagine if those yards and Fred's TD had counted....

Important to note - it was Wally who noticed that Fred hadn't sat out the required three plays.  The refs were oblivious lol...

EDIT - just noticed it was 24 yards...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

A great performance by barreling Big Blue backs. I don’t see that as being a poor rush defence, necessarily. It’s a case of the Bombers being prepared, and being superior to to the low life lions. Read And Bernard were just fabulous, tremendous, remarkable,  outstanding, phenomenal, impressive, overwhelming, enormous AND huge! When the bombers rush well its skill. When the Lumsden trounced McKinley, it was all McKinley's fault. In my opinion mind you.

Yeah, Woli's not going anywhere.

O’Shea on what he’s seen from Murphy: “Yeah, he’s smart. He picks it up very quickly. Very smart. He’s made some good tough catches, too. He’ll continue to grow and he picks up a lot of stuff very quickly. Woli (Drew Wolitarsky) is one of those guys that if you’re around Woli or playing behind him, you can’t help but just be really taken by how smart he is, how he’s always doing the right thing and how he’s always working so well for the quarterback. There’s so much trust between quarterbacks and Woli, not just Zach, but anybody, Woli would immediately be the guy. So, being around Woli like that would be a great opportunity for a young guy.”

30 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Yeah, Woli's not going anywhere.

O’Shea on what he’s seen from Murphy: “Yeah, he’s smart. He picks it up very quickly. Very smart. He’s made some good tough catches, too. He’ll continue to grow and he picks up a lot of stuff very quickly. Woli (Drew Wolitarsky) is one of those guys that if you’re around Woli or playing behind him, you can’t help but just be really taken by how smart he is, how he’s always doing the right thing and how he’s always working so well for the quarterback. There’s so much trust between quarterbacks and Woli, not just Zach, but anybody, Woli would immediately be the guy. So, being around Woli like that would be a great opportunity for a young guy.”

Doesn't sound to me that Woli is going anywhere...

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

Oh. Ok. Don’t know how a suspension is a paperwork move nor why a nick warrants a suspension. Anyways, thanks. Management knows what they’re doing. 

Nobody ever said he got suspended. He was added to the suspended list, which basically just means “doesn’t count on the roster because he’s not here”

Not sure where the implication he did something wrong ever came in 

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nobody ever said he got suspended. He was added to the suspended list, which basically just means “doesn’t count on the roster because he’s not here”

Not sure where the implication he did something wrong ever came in 

Why wouldn’t he appear on the “doesn’t count on the roster because he’s not here” list? 
Being on a suspended list is being suspended, by definition. 
Obviously if you’re on a suspended list, you’ve been suspended, as suspension refers to disciplinary process. It’s pretty clear in the real world.
I get it if if management is being sophisticated in numbers or salary management, and I don’t know if they have to share anything related to the suspension.
I was wondering if there is common knowledge to a “suspension” for performance or a contract violation, in Grants case. With no apparent performance issue, that’s fine too and it remains private. It is what it is. 

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

He was at the start of camp. I'm am sure he went home so it was more than a paper move. Why suspend him if he was still in town and have him miss out on pay?

He reported to camp passed his physical received his roster bonus for doing so as stipulated in most player's contracts and then was likely given the option to stay, or go home until week 2 so they could open up a very valuable roster spot. If he stays he gets the TC per diem which is peanuts, or he goes home and does not get it but has an extra week with his family. There really isn't much more to it than that. He is not competing for a job, his is as safe as it gets.

Edited by GCn20

After witnessing our return game in the first preseason....I'm sure as hell glad that Grant is back....suspension.....family matter or whatever ....he's back.....Also a suspension also is used when a player retires suddenly and out of the blue.....not always disciplinary

Edited by Stickem

11 minutes ago, Stickem said:

After witnessing our return game in the first preseason....I'm sure as hell glad that Grant is back....suspension.....family matter or whatever ....he's back.....Also a suspension also is used when a player retires suddenly and out of the blue.....not always disciplinary

A talented and exciting asset!

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And that is where your logic falls completely apart. Nothing about suspension automatically means discipline. 

Well, you’re wrong. Discipline can be agreed upon.

And in a related matter, “he’s back on the field…”.  From Ed Tait. 
https://twitter.com/edtaitwfc/status/1663908430807965696?s=61&t=_stQ2xKaj3IiEFd7rNK7jg

Edited by Rod Black

5 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Well, you’re wrong. Discipline can be agreed upon.

And in a related matter, “he’s back on the field…”.  From Ed Tait. 
https://twitter.com/edtaitwfc/status/1663908430807965696?s=61&t=_stQ2xKaj3IiEFd7rNK7jg

Suspensions happen all the time for non-disciplinary reasons. We've had numerous players over the past few years be added to the suspended list for the purposes of attending the birth of their child for instance. A suspension just means the team doesn't have to pay you for the time missed, and opens up a roster spot to replace you while not having to hide you on the IR and pay you. 

Edited by GCn20