Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:
American defensive end Celestin Haba (6-2, 250, Texas A&M- Commerce, April 6, 1998, in Columbia, SC)
American receiver Tavaris Harrison
American defensive back Karon Delince

Released from roster:
American receiver Tre Turner

Transferred to one-game injured list:
National offensive lineman Tui Eli

Transferred to six-game injured list:
National fullback Konner Burtenshaw

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/05/30/blue-bombers-transactions-may-30/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Read an interview of Haba. He presented as confident, intelligent team-oriented and versatile- plays either rush end or linebacker, so he has to be quick, fast and smart. Now to see if he lives up to the hype.

37 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I actually remember going on a roadtrip to Alberta in August of 2007 with a buddy and listening to the Ti-Cat/Bomber game on the way where Lumsden fed McKinley his lunch. Check out Lumsden's stats lol:

2007-08-03 Game Tracker - Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats (1417) - CFL.ca

If im not mistake both of his TD runs were over 50 yards lol. Oh, and check out Hamilton's leading receiver.....

If I recall correctly, that might have been the most disgusting, repulsive, rotten, awful, detestable, ghastly, repugnant, horrific, revolting, stinky, foul, and nauseating, run stop defence of any team, any where, any time, any place.

giphy.gif 

59 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/hunts-small-college-starting-11-defensive-prospects-to-know-at-every-position-ahead-of-2023-nfl-draft/amp/

16 games over two seasons at A n M commerce. 39 tackles 13 tfl 8.5 sacks 1 pick 6 2 pass kd 2 ff 1 fr. 

sounds like a pretty polished pass rusher. Don’t see much for testing numbers. Was a juco transfer. 

Yeah. He was a beast 1 on 1. Even in camp here. 

He man handled every one in both sides of the ball. You can say polish for sure, maybe desire who knows. But he had oodles of talent and potential. 

If Haba is as versatile, fast and smart as he seems to be, I would be tempted to audition him at MLB. A 260 pound greyhound at MLB would be awesome, but adapting to the CFL may be an obstacle.

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If Haba is as versatile, fast and smart as he seems to be, I would be tempted to audition him at MLB. A 260 pound greyhound at MLB would be awesome, but adapting to the CFL may be an obstacle.

If he’s able to make the team, could be amazing in sets where Richie Hall likes four DE’s on the line.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Watching the clips he seems to have good burst but I don’t think he has the range for mlber. His best skill looks like pass rushing as well. 

2 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

If he’s able to make the team, could be amazing in sets where Richie Hall likes four DE’s on the line.

He would be great for cheetah sets. I mean about 10lbs more and he’s in Casey sayles weight range. 

47 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I want to see a full half from Brown

id love to see a half for each with piggyT 

8 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Anyone remember Ramonce Taylor?? He was electric. I remember watching him light up training camp, seemingly taking it to the house every time he touched the ball. But had behavioral problems. I believe at one point his mother actually came to talk with the coaches asking them to keep their son around after he had some disciplinary issues. He lasted all of 2 weeks. Another athlete with all the talent in the world but was just an a**hole.

Terrence Jeffers Harris - total head case.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Thought he'd be a star. Excellent start to his rookie year if I recall correctly.

He did have a decent rookie year,  2nd season not so much and was cut 3 days before the play offs.    Lipped off quite a bit.

The only thing that I did not remember was him playing for the Riders and getting into a twitter war with Tina LaPolice after Paul was fired. 

8 hours ago, Rod Black said:

If I recall correctly, that might have been the most disgusting, repulsive, rotten, awful, detestable, ghastly, repugnant, horrific, revolting, stinky, foul, and nauseating, run stop defence of any team, any where, any time, any place.

giphy.gif 

These guys from BC might like a word:

https://www.cfl.ca/games/1594/winnipeg-blue-bombers-vs-bc-lions/#boxscore-home

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The most insane thing about this is this happened in 2009. It's not the highest rushing total in a game ever (it's ranked 3rd), but the other two records ahead of it were both set in the 60s.

58 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Let's hope Zach isn't as rusty as he was in last year's home opener.  Want to see him going for the kill shot while Bo Levi scrambles for his life being chased by the Jeffs of death lol...

Would love to see that too!  Honestly I think more depends on how far the O has gotten into the playbook during game planning and practice.  Everyone on O is back from last year minus Ellingson, and Lawler looks like he never left.  Kind of expect both teams to try and set the tone with early with big throws before settling in.