Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:
American defensive end Celestin Haba (6-2, 250, Texas A&M- Commerce, April 6, 1998, in Columbia, SC)
American receiver Tavaris Harrison
American defensive back Karon Delince

Released from roster:
American receiver Tre Turner

Transferred to one-game injured list:
National offensive lineman Tui Eli

Transferred to six-game injured list:
National fullback Konner Burtenshaw

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/05/30/blue-bombers-transactions-may-30/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

52 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Still can't embed tweets, but DT says Jeffcoat is back at practice!

I was...and am not to worried about him and Biggie not actually taking reps in practice that the media and public get to see....much ado about nothing....just a convenient ways and means to asses others....same with Grant....U can take it to the bank that all 3 of them will be ready for game 1....and at very least practicing fully to get their stamina...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/hunts-small-college-starting-11-defensive-prospects-to-know-at-every-position-ahead-of-2023-nfl-draft/amp/

16 games over two seasons at A n M commerce. 39 tackles 13 tfl 8.5 sacks 1 pick 6 2 pass kd 2 ff 1 fr. 

sounds like a pretty polished pass rusher. Don’t see much for testing numbers. Was a juco transfer. 

10 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Butcher tore up the combine that year. Damn shame….especially with that handle. 

Yeah. He was a beast 1 on 1. Even in camp here. 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Talent

He man handled every one in both sides of the ball. You can say polish for sure, maybe desire who knows. But he had oodles of talent and potential. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I just remember McKinley starting at linebacker and getting run over by Jesse Lumsden.

I actually remember going on a roadtrip to Alberta in August of 2007 with a buddy and listening to the Ti-Cat/Bomber game on the way where Lumsden fed McKinley his lunch. Check out Lumsden's stats lol:

2007-08-03 Game Tracker - Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats (1417) - CFL.ca

If im not mistake both of his TD runs were over 50 yards lol. Oh, and check out Hamilton's leading receiver.....

19 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I actually remember going on a roadtrip to Alberta in August of 2007 with a buddy and listening to the Ti-Cat/Bomber game on the way where Lumsden fed McKinley his lunch. Check out Lumsden's stats lol:

2007-08-03 Game Tracker - Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats (1417) - CFL.ca

If im not mistake both of his TD runs were over 50 yards lol. Oh, and check out Hamilton's leading receiver.....

If Lumsden played us 3 games a year he would’ve had 1200 yards rushing a season minimum. Man he always killed us. 

24 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It’s fun looking at the old stat lines…I ended up naming my dog Brazzel 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

definitely curious about Bighill and Oliveira. I really would have thought Bighill would get in a week of practice and then some reps in the final pre-season game.... maybe he actually is injured? 

Of course he's injured. C'mon guys. It may not be serious, but there is zero reason why Bighill would be the one player who is not practicing at all.