Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

19 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The saving grace is we got Derrick Armstrong and Terrence Edwards in 06 and 07, that was a pretty decent receiving core with an ageless Milt 

Armstrong was the first receiver I ever put on a Bomber jersey, usually stuck with defense. I was in Regina in 07 for that game, Armstrong had something like 190 yards receiving and a couple TDs...RUINED by that jerk face Joseph.

Edited by Nolby

26 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Armstrong was the first receiver I ever put on a Bomber jersey, usually stuck with defense. I was in Regina in 07 for that game, Armstrong had something like 190 yards receiving and a couple TDs...RUINED by that jerk face Kevin Eiben

fyp.

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I was all in that year. Thought it was going to be a new dynasty after they beat Calgary in the home opener. Every win after that was “they’ve turned a corner”

"on the cusp"

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

An alternate universe exists where Otis Amey was a perennial all star. 

Kito Poblah too.

Anyone remember Ramonce Taylor?? He was electric. I remember watching him light up training camp, seemingly taking it to the house every time he touched the ball. But had behavioral problems. I believe at one point his mother actually came to talk with the coaches asking them to keep their son around after he had some disciplinary issues. He lasted all of 2 weeks. Another athlete with all the talent in the world but was just an a**hole.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

10 hours ago, Jesse said:

I still don't know what happened with Kito. 

I thought he was gonna rake.

He got bit bad by the injury bug. 

another deep cut , Joshua bostick. Big smooth wr who looked great in camp but couldn’t crack Ritchie’s old boys club. 
 Neil mckinlay at lber too. Looked like he was going to be a ratio breaker at one point.  Think he kicked around mb as a personal trainer for a bit. 

57 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Anyone remember Ramonce Taylor?? He was electric. I remember watching him light up training camp, seemingly taking it to the house every time he touched the ball. But had behavioral problems. I believe at one point his mother actually came to talk with the coaches asking them to keep their son around after he had some disciplinary issues. He lasted all of 2 weeks. Another athlete with all the talent in the world but was just an a**hole.

I actually looked up Ramonce Taylor the other day when a buddy and I were talking about old training camp stars. Seems like he got his **** together. Played indoor football in Texas until 2017 and he’s now a high school coach and seems super involved in youth sports and charitable stuff in the Texas area.

good for him.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I actually looked up Ramonce Taylor the other day when a buddy and I were talking about old training camp stars. Seems like he got his **** together. Played indoor football in Texas until 2017 and he’s now a high school coach and seems super involved in youth sports and charitable stuff in the Texas area.

good for him.

Indeed. Its just a shame he couldnt have gotten his s**t together at an earlier age. He could have legit been a star. He was dynamite with the Longhorns and would have had NFL looks if it werent for his issues/attitude.

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

And who can forget Bloi Dei

Aside from that one pic, I don't remember him actually doing much?

Who was that one runningbach (I also believe from 2009) who took over the preseason but just got killed once the season started and was immediately cut?

EDIT: Lavarus Giles

Edited by Jesse