Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Mm I might’ve been thinking about the previous season then. It just confused. 
 Like always it’ll be up to what he thinks he needs. And honesty he will probably doesn’t need any reps. 

i do look forward to seeing brown continue to grow. Sounds like pigrome has had a good camp too. 

I'd like to see Pigrome get the 3rd QB spot....with his elusive running, and good arm....could be a real weapon to have now we can have 2 qb's on field together...a lil swing pass back to him where he has option to run, or pass if defenders fall off their receivers could cause big issues....they will have to respect his running ability, so if they cheat...could get burned

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Mm I might’ve been thinking about the previous season then. It just confused. 
 Like always it’ll be up to what he thinks he needs. And honesty he will probably doesn’t need any reps. 

i do look forward to seeing brown continue to grow. Sounds like pigrome has had a good camp too. 

Was no preseason games in 2021, would be the first ever preseason game with Bombers for Collaros.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I'd like to see Pigrome get the 3rd QB spot....with his elusive running, and good arm....could be a real weapon to have now we can have 2 qb's on field together...a lil swing pass back to him where he has option to run, or pass if defenders fall off their receivers could cause big issues....they will have to respect his running ability, so if they cheat...could get burned

No doubt. Especially with that rb build, he could be excellent in short yardage. 

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Was no preseason games in 2021, would be the first ever preseason game with Bombers for Collaros.

I must’ve just been thinking of the first couple of regular season games that were kind of pre season quality then. 

the lber core sure doesn’t look good in this game. Hope Barrett looks incredible. 

Really look forward to seeing what the imp rbs do namely Barnes and Mccrae this system and ol will really give them a chance to shine. 

6 hours ago, Booch said:

He's listed as 5 10 but that's questionable. He's notably shorter than Brown who is listed at 5 11. 

Over all think the first pre season game was what we needed. 
 I think it’s a great call to get the vets lots of early action and give them most of the second game off so they can be healthy. The biggest obstacles to the bombers being good early are going to be health and rust. Work too much of the rust off and you put health at risk. It’s a tough spot with low contact practice these days. Early weeks of the regular season are gonna be lower quality if they stick to no tackle practice. 

If Jeffcoat is healthy Thomas starting as our nose with walker rotating will improve a lot of our pass rush and run stop. Having biggie back will be huge too. 
 Barrington is going to be a pretty big upgrade over Clements though not kyrie atleast yet. 
 Lots of good dbs, some good players are gonna be cut. Wr core is super deep too. Nice to have a new back up ni to bolo. 
richmond looks as good as ever at T for depth. Dobson needs a lot of work at C still with snaps but if Eli gets healthy it isn’t a big issue. 
 And we identified a new short yardage option qb. We even found great depth at kicker and punter. 

look forward to seeing round 2 of the db and wr battle next week, and more from pigrome. 

Tweets still won't embed but from DB97 today:

"Thoughts after seeing the WBB starters for 1.5 quarters:

If they can afford it, the team could use a Shawn Lemon—or another difference maker off the edge—and a disruptive force at DT.  Jeffcoat didn’t play, but they need at least 3 viable edge rushers & help stopping the run. 

As Willie J enters his golden years, he needs to be put on a pitch count.  To be most effective, he can’t be playing 60 snaps a game. "

Also re snaps with Dobson, Texas state ran multi back forms mostly under centre. Think he played two games at c with them, but likely hasn’t snapped to the shot gun a lot at any level. 
 That said the snap to pistol/gun is some thing any one who isn’t a primary centre struggles with. But it is very teachable. And Costello is a great ol coach. 

Completely agree with Brown. Lemon would do well here. I'm assuming he got some kind of signing bonus from bc...but maybe not considering how they cut him. 

Don't get me wrong, I liked what I saw from Murphy. But I'm not sure he makes the team. Simply based on #'s. We don't NEED a other NI wr, or another WR in general. Maaaaybe PR. But nothing outside of that.

Yeah any true national receiver will be hard pressed to get anything more than a PR spot this year...BOLO is the main backup to the 2 starters...and prob see's more reps in general above just a strict back-up role

And the fact that we can now also use Bailey as a Nationalized Canuck for 49% of snaps gives us the flexibility to not have to roster an additional National receiver...mind you I don't think we did anyway last year

37 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Completely agree with Brown. Lemon would do well here. I'm assuming he got some kind of signing bonus from bc...but maybe not considering how they cut him. 

Don't get me wrong, I liked what I saw from Murphy. But I'm not sure he makes the team. Simply based on #'s. We don't NEED a other NI wr, or another WR in general. Maaaaybe PR. But nothing outside of that.

BOLO started on the PR in 2021 before being activated when Demski got hurt so I don't see why Murphy would be any different.  Stick him on the PR for now, let him develop a bit and have him ready in case someone goes down.

31 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

BOLO started on the PR in 2021 before being activated when Demski got hurt so I don't see why Murphy would be any different.  Stick him on the PR for now, let him develop a bit and have him ready in case someone goes down.

Mostly because BOLO will also likely be on the PR to start the year.