Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

How has Bennett looked? Any of the back up pass rushers looking good? How has Eli looked shape wise? Is he getting full second team reps or sitting more? 

Bennett has been with the 2nd team with Cooper (before Cooper took Jeffcoat's spot). Bennett has a ton of energy. At the moment I'd guess he gets rostered for most of the games this season--special teams and rotational pass rush.

Eli's been getting full second-team reps. He's missed the last ?two? days, but he's at practice. I didn't see him up close in '21...nothing I've seen makes me think he's out of shape. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thanks for that. Hopefully some guys are just easing in and being preventative with injury. 

How has Bennett looked? Any of the back up pass rushers looking good? How has Eli looked shape wise? Is he getting full second team reps or sitting more? 

Was watching him on Monday and he looked pretty good, similar to what he looked like in 2021.  He's 20 pounds lighter than he was as a rookie and 35 less than his college weight, according to 3DN.

30 minutes ago, DTonOB said:

Bennett has been with the 2nd team with Cooper (before Cooper took Jeffcoat's spot). Bennett has a ton of energy. At the moment I'd guess he gets rostered for most of the games this season--special teams and rotational pass rush.

Eli's been getting full second-team reps. He's missed the last ?two? days, but he's at practice. I didn't see him up close in '21...nothing I've seen makes me think he's out of shape. 

That’s awesome thanks! 

29 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Was watching him on Monday and he looked pretty good, similar to what he looked like in 2021.  He's 20 pounds lighter than he was as a rookie and 35 less than his college weight, according to 3DN.

that’s gonna be a big deal in terms of him getting back to where he was quickly. 

Any word on dobsons shape? He dropped a bunch of weight going into last year but seemed to still be slowed some. 

2 hours ago, DTonOB said:

I've got some time, so here's what we've talked about on the CJOB Sports Show (happy to answer any questions for the next little bit):

Thank you for this. Legitimately the only guy locally who bothers to provide us with any of this kind of stuff and it’s very much appreciated.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Any word on dobsons shape? He dropped a bunch of weight going into last year but seemed to still be slowed some. 

Talked to him briefly a couple days ago and then was watching OL/DL pad drills today...he looks like he's in good shape. I'd say leaner than last year, but I could be being fooled by the beard.

10 hours ago, DTonOB said:

I've got some time, so here's what we've talked about on the CJOB Sports Show (happy to answer any questions for the next little bit):

WR has been consistenly Lawler-Schoen-Demski-Bailey-Wolitarsky. Bailey moving back to the slot after a year at WR.

Line is Bryant-Gray-Kolankowski-Neufeld-Hardrick. I haven't seen any reps for anyone else with the first team. Dobson has been 6th OL. Eli at C with 2nd team.

Brady practiced day 1, but not since then. Johnny took over, but missed a couple days. Appeared he was back in limited action today. They signed an American RB today...I'd guess it's because they had only two RBs able to work the last couple days (Salima ahead of Barnes).

2nd offense: Richmond-Dobson-Eli-Machino-various dudes at tackle. Harrison & Agudosi are slots with WR2. They switched Agudosi to the same SB position as Bailey--so there's potential competition for the starting spot.

QBs appear to have become Zach, Brown, Pigrome, Jones

Defence:

Willie-Walker-Thomas-Jeffcoat are #1. Lawson in for Thomas for most of camp, Cooper for Jeffcoat (who's been out since Day 4). With American DTs coming in late we've seen a lot of Schmekel-Kornelson at DT. But I have to believe there'll be another American DT to back up Walker.

DBs were Rose-Nichols-Alexander-Parker-Lawrence-Darby. Last few days Holm and Parker started splitting reps with 1st & 2nd team. Houston now in Rose's spot after Rose's injury. Houston was at HB with the 2s before that. Corner Matt Cole has a real good chance to make the team IMO. Fast, strong, a lot of return experience.

LBs have been all over the place without Bighill & Wilson. Gauthier for Bighill generally. I've seen Gauthier-Clements, Gauthier-Wade, Gauthier-Dixon (who's been cut), Clements-Wade, Clements-Cole, Clements-Cadwallader, Maruo-Cole...apart from Gauthier it's tough to figure who else is LB2. Wade is explosive in short areas. I'd think he's the best non-starting American box linebacker, but not sure how he is on specials.

Thanks DT 

This was awesome