Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

Just random thoughts I'm having along the way, totally disorganized. Kind of like A dod odds and sods for tc..

#3 qb Tyrrell pigrome looks like a Charles Robert's at qb with a bit more height. Looks fast and has a good arm. First snap in situational play though and he dropped snap. Not sure if it's on him or the C.

71 # manasseh Bailey looks small but runs nice routes.

87 # Sean Coyne runs very convincing routes and has major hussle. Really impressed with him

No Grant on the field as far as I can see

88 our boy with Rasheed Bailey is just awesome. Makes a tough catch and yells out a big " let's go!! "

Agudosi must be a terrifying match up.

#96 Tanner Schmekel, I know nothing about him but he looks intimidating. Lol Same with 92 Caleb Thomas. Dude is gigantic .

Demski with a tough catch in traffic. Amazing to me how unthreatening he looks but is just such a gamer.

#1 Nichols is just so good. No room between him and receiver. An almost int right on the side line but great coverage.

Shoen with his classic corner route td.  Would have never made it that far in live action though, d line was at collaros. 

15 Josh Jones has all the tools to be a good cfl qb. Tall. Fast. Just looks like a qb.

More to follow . Obviously I'm just a fan so you know, take it for what it is

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

My guess is WPG hosting that "football week" thing they did before the pandemic. Happen right before the draft I think...I can't remember what it was called.

CFL Week and Bauming already said no to that.

One tweet I saw was guessing a Docu-Series.  The Argos & Ticats already had something similar (Rivalries: The QEW Series) so I'd be interested in more of that, especially if the next one focused on the Bombers.

Nichols showing up again with a nice tip on the ball to prevent shoen from bringing it in.  Really good players make it obvious for fans like me. He's really good

79 Westfield burned his coverage on a perfectly thrown deep route.* I THINK* it was 15 josh Jones. Man was that a beautiful pass. The type of pass to make coaches notice

Agudosi uses his frame to snag one in traffic. Accurate, yet fluttering pass Pigrome.

RB Salima Jordan has some speed. Nice cuts and vision 

Pigrome under pressure and makes a bad decision to try and dump it off underneath. Wasn't picked but not a good choice.  Comes back on 2nd and 10 with a deep out throw just out of reach of the receiver

More to follow 

Coyne has had a couple of bad drops since my first post. Too bad, can't help but be rooting for him. Seems like he's getting in his own way 

Feel like I'm getting repetitive but Nichols again step for step with shoen in end zone. Breaks up pass

Demski burns Darby up the seam. Darby may have been in a zone. Not sure

Shoen wins a battle against Nichols on an out and up to the end zone. Nichols beat badly there. Good battle between these 2 today 

Good catch by Coyne on a curl to redeem himself a bit. Back to back catches for him now on an out route. Make that 3 of 4 running across the middle on a bullet pass from pigrome about 10 years deep 

Bailey even when we'll covered  does a great job competing and winng the ball. Just a ton of tenacity. I know we regard him in here in wpg but he is under rated around the league. Looks as much as a pro as anyone out there 

Looks like 17 and 71 jawing on 1 v 1s. O and d had to be separated. Very heated exchange 

Agudosi with a great catch deep for the td.. match up nightmare mare. 

Bailey catching everything in his direction. If it were my first time watching the Bombers I'd say he's their best player. Certainly is today

Good connection from pigrome to agudosi . Pitch and catch. Going to be hard to imagine agudosi not seeing the field a lot if he can stay healthy. Not the best route runner but catches the ball well. And the size 

Gotta head off now. In a sentence, the Bombers look ****** good. Hard to single out any real poor play 

Edited by CodyT

A couple of weeks back... "It's terrible that all the pre-season games aren't on TV, can't we at least get streams of them?". 

Today... Pre-season games will be streamed.  Is this seriously the big announcement they promised yesterday? 

I'll be one of the few thousand watching the streams. 

32 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

A couple of weeks back... "It's terrible that all the pre-season games aren't on TV, can't we at least get streams of them?". 

Today... Pre-season games will be streamed.  Is this seriously the big announcement they promised yesterday? 

I'll be one of the few thousand watching the streams. 

I think it was the way Bauming worded his tweet that has some many people disappointed. This IS a good announcement from the league. Bauming made it sound like it would be more Bomber specific imo.

Either way, I will also be watching 

I saw this in the Free Press online:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback Zach Collaros is absent from training camp and will miss the next couple days owing to personal reasons, the CFL club announced Friday.

No other details were provided about the absence. Collaros had been participating in all training camp sessions prior to missing Friday.

Head coach Mike O'Shea will provide an update after practice.

Hoping everything is okay for Collaros and family.

I was there for a couple hours yesterday. It was getting pretty heated. Nearly had a scrap between WR 71? and DB 17? during one-on-ones. Holm with ANOTHER INT during scrimmage. He has had an amazing camp. Lawler doing Lawler things with an amazing catch, i missed him. Nothing else really stood out.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Crazy to see the amount of NSIC guys in camp.  That's incredibly low level competition.  Guess you could find some diamonds in the rough like a Zylstra.  My cousin and now his sons have played for Northern State in Aberdeen.  I've been to a few games there and the competition is lower than a good Bisons team vs a good Sask, U of C or UBC team facing off.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Crazy to see the amount of NSIC guys in camp.  That's incredibly low level competition.  Guess you could find some diamonds in the rough like a Zylstra.  My cousin and now his sons have played for Northern State in Aberdeen.  I've been to a few games there and the competition is lower than a good Bisons team vs a good Sask, U of C or UBC team facing off.

Since the classic spread offense teams have become nfl hot beds teams have to try and find un tapped sources of talent. It seems like we are looking at the physical outliers from low levels of competition. Hoping to be able to refine them into pro players. 

When it’s between guys who barely played in college and guys who played at the lowest levels of us college it’s kind of a toss up.