Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

59 minutes ago, bearpants said:

this is true.. but what people are complaining about is not the info O'Shea is refusing to share... what people want to hear about is what is happening at camp/practice... a reporter should be able to obtain that info by simply attending camp and paying attention. 

Ed Tait is sitting on the inside, he could be doing a better job of providing relevant TC information instead of pumping out "feel good" stories and one a day interviews with the same handful of players he's familiar with, year after year.  Time for some new blood and a new attitude in their press dept.

a lot of hand wringing over nothing...as for the concern about the talent we brought in...we brought in great talent, and keep bringing guys in....They are looking for specific roles on defense on the interior, and as another edge rusher, to augment what we have...Nobody is gonna be taking the Jeffs spot on the edge, so for whatever they looking for to go with Bennett...obviously they have trimmed who isnt fitting in, and watching the others more now....same with that Nose spot...

Biggie is a non issue and staying fresh, I see him train...talked with him...he's good to go....this is the perk you have where he is at a point where he doesnt need to learn anything...and stays in shape yr round, so give him the last part of camp to get his timing and wind and we be fine

Wilson is a little concerning as from what I know...he was pretty damn close to being able to actually suit up end of 2022...so setback?...not responding?....unclear...but we have a couple options here to fill that spot as it is...so guess lets wait and see

Grant too...nothing burger...he will be off the "suspended list by monday if not by the weekend

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Ed Tait is sitting on the inside, he could be doing a better job of providing relevant TC information instead of pumping out "feel good" stories and one a day interviews with the same handful of players he's familiar with, year after year.  Time for some new blood and a new attitude in their press dept.

Unless that's exactly what the club wants him to be doing.  It's not like he's a beat reporter who was assigned to cover the club anymore -those days are over for him.

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Unless that's exactly what the club wants him to be doing.  It's not like he's a beat reporter who was assigned to cover the club anymore -those days are over for him.

Maybe they do, but it's not what they should be doing, they could be using their assets to engage fans and create more interest in their product.  I believe Ambrosie alluded to this concept during Grey Cup week in Regina, the CFL has to step it up and complacency is not a viable option.

10 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Maybe they do, but it's not what they should be doing, they could be using their assets to engage fans and create more interest in their product.  I believe Ambrosie alluded to this concept during Grey Cup week in Regina, the CFL has to step it up and complacency is not a viable option.

I don't know a damn thing......ignorant as ****........... but what if they have website information (what generates most clicks, etc) that says "people love the soft features of players backgrounds" and that's what generates the most views, so we want you to focus on that.......

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

You don’t need the club to tell you anything to do 100% more than what they’re currently doing. 

Yeah, just my 2 cents, but the issues I have with reporters has zero to do with what MOS says. I want them to be reporting what they see on the field, not what the coach says happened.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I haven't seen anyone post a training camp depth chart - official or unofficial. So here is my best shot at it.

Blue-Bombers-Depth-Chart-May-17-2023

Looking very good. One thing with the receivers...Lawler is the WR on the short side (X), Schoen the SB next to him. Then Bailey & Agudosi are in the SB position between Demski & Wolitarsky. 

Man it’s gonna be unfair to have schoen and lawler on the same side. A lot of them production was made by the guy playing out side of milt back in the day. 
 Teams are gonna be blanketing extra coverage over that side so much woli might not see any one out side of blocking guys lol. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

As long as we find a NT and a rotational end by week 1 its all good. I t would be nice to hear about players looking good in those spots however.

We’ve brought in like 3 guys one at a time already I’m sure they are committed to having a nose this year. For the rotational edge I think Bennett will get all the opportunity in the pre season to take that spot. If he can make a go of it situationally when hansen gets healthy we will have it made. 
 If not a di there is gonna be key. 

Edited by wbbfan

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Man it’s gonna be in fair to have schoen and lawler on the same side. A lot of them production was made by the guy playing out side of milt back in the day. 
 Teams are gonna be blanketing extra coverage over that side so much woli might not see any one out side of blocking guys lol. 

We’ve brought in like 3 guys one at a time already I’m sure they are committed to having a nose this year. For the rotational edge I think Bennett will get all the opportunity in the pre season to take that spot. If he can make a go of it situationally when hansen gets healthy we will have it made. 
 If not a di there is gonna be key. 

Question is can Bennett be more effective than Keion Adams who they didn't even bother to invite to camp.

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Man it’s gonna be in fair to have schoen and lawler on the same side. A lot of them production was made by the guy playing out side of milt back in the day. 

Our receiving corps is gonna be some mittful to handle...I can see this group decimating the opposition and them wondering how the hell to cover that juggernaut...Sure wouldn't be any double teaming because they're all dangerous........It's going to be wonderful to watch  heh heh.... and Zack is just licking his chops in anticipation

Ok. A real question.  My daughter goes to school. Her school gave her a free voucher or ticket for the June 2nd pre season game vs sask.... I guess I'll be taking her. 

Does anybody know If that's an actual ticket or do I have to go there b4 hand and buy 2 tickets, 1 for me 1 for her and the voucher/ticket thing is like buy one get one? I've never seen this thing before this year. She didn't get any previous school years 

35 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ok. A real question.  My daughter goes to school. Her school gave her a free voucher or ticket for the June 2nd pre season game vs sask.... I guess I'll be taking her. 

Does anybody know If that's an actual ticket or do I have to go there b4 hand and buy 2 tickets, 1 for me 1 for her and the voucher/ticket thing is like buy one get one? I've never seen this thing before this year. She didn't get any previous school years 

Well, what does it say?

Is there a Section Row Seat?

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Rose has a noticeable limp. Might be out for a bit.

Rose is coming off two pretty serious leg/foot injuries the past few years.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Question is can Bennett be more effective than Keion Adams who they didn't even bother to invite to camp.

I was hoping to see better of Adams- sounded good on paper but was meh when he was on the field. He should have been better, but he wasn't.

Onwards.

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well, what does it say?

Is there a Section Row Seat?

Rose is coming off two pretty serious leg/foot injuries the past few years.

This does not bode well for Rose.