Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I don't think it will matter for a kicker.  The only time the starters are counted are O and D.  A kicker will still need a DI spot just to get onto the roster as an American.

Yeah that sounds right. I also understand that there are now only 2 designated import spots.

So we could do something like:

8th "national" starter: Brandon Alexander

2 nationalized Americans: Janarion Grant, Alden Darby

2 designated imports: Sergio Castillo, and any other American player

MOS quote "There’s different ways to do it. You either say, ‘Here’s our system. We’re very rigid. We’re bringing people in to fit that system. If you don’t fit the system, you’re gone.’ We look at it the other way — what can they do and how do we put them on the field and have them be successful.”  ‐‐--------Just another example of why MOS is such a great coach.

Edited by bb1

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

MOS quote "There’s different ways to do it. You either say, ‘Here’s our system. We’re very rigid. We’re bringing people in to fit that system. If you don’t fit the system, you’re gone.’ We look at it the other way — what can they do and how do we put them on the field and have them be successful.”  ‐‐--------Just another example of why MOS is such a great coach.

I much prefer this way of doing things opposed to being so rigid in your system. You waste so much potential doing it the other way.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

The modern day Don...just much less of an A-Hole.

Winning covers up a fair amount of character imperfections (not that OSH has any - he was cool, calm and collected before 2019 even though some called for his head back then). Luckily Wade was patient and we reaped the benefits. 

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So I thought I remember reading that the cfl was going to evaluate these things based on film and fine accordingly (or I might be crazy) which tells me it's going to be abused to no end.

They should create a coaches challenge for this and let the team police themselves. LOL. JK. 

Day 3 of Bombers camp: looks like Brady Oliveira has the day off. Bighill, Grant, Thomas and O’Leary-Orange as well.

Looked like another good round from the kickers. Side view, but it looked like only two misses: Castillo from 50 and Liegghio from 54

Evan Holm got some reps at halfback with the 1st D during team period. Believe that’s the first time we’ve seen that in camp

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:
Day 3 of Bombers camp: looks like Brady Oliveira has the day off. Bighill, Grant, Thomas and O’Leary-Orange as well.

Looked like another good round from the kickers. Side view, but it looked like only two misses: Castillo from 50 and Liegghio from 54

Evan Holm got some reps at halfback with the 1st D during team period. Believe that’s the first time we’ve seen that in camp

I caught the last little bit of camp yesterday and noticed him not participating in the drills.  He was wearing a jersey (unlike the other guys who were sitting out) but he didn't have a helmet with him so I had been wondering if he got banged up.

5 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Winning covers up a fair amount of character imperfections (not that OSH has any - he was cool, calm and collected before 2019 even though some called for his head back then). Luckily Wade was patient and we reaped the benefits. 

Reaping All The Benefits GIF - Reaping All The Benefits Loosing His Mind GIFs

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

I caught the last little bit of camp yesterday and noticed him not participating in the drills.  He was wearing a jersey (unlike the other guys who were sitting out) but he didn't have a helmet with him so I had been wondering if he got banged up.

I was Sunday and Monday's practices and O'Leary-Orange didnt practice in either. Grant, Bighill and Tyrell also wore jerseys but didn't participate in either practice. Briggs wore a jersey on Sunday but not yesterday. Wilson didn't wear a jersey at either.

Looks like the only guy that practiced Sunday and not Monday was RB Johnathan Rosery.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

hahaha....let him get some reps....but would take a pile of injuries for him to trot out as day 1 starter...cant see what HB he would unseat....

Hope fully they will use some guys versatility to keep Lawrence on the starting roster. I have this bad feeling they might let him go rather than shuffle guys around. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

So now that Drew Richmond is finally healthy, what do the Bombers do with him?

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm guessing one game IR or PR and he gets into some games this year.

Pretty much. He’s still pretty young for an imp tackle. If he’s recovered then they probably hide him and he only draws in if yoshi/hardrick get hurt. 

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Turner didn't last long. The team has replaced him with DT keenan Agnew, who just had a couple of NFL mini-camp invites.

They aren’t playing around with these guys. They can find nose tackles and Dts and know it. They identify fits very well. 

26 tackles 6 tfl 3.5 sacks and 5 hurries in 11 games is really good. Another under 6’ and 300 lbs college nose tackle. Explosive quickness and strength. I’m sure the one they go with will be a gem for us.