Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

3 hours ago, BBlink said:

No way Grant is cut unless he's hurt. He's shown his value to the team time and time again. The rest I would agree with. If I knew how much everyone was making I'd be able to make a better guess of who else should be on this list.

Yup. Salary cap plays a role. Grant would really surprise me but If you find a guy who can do more than just return, think he's a candidate 

Grant ain't going anywhere...

We can also roster Augudosi with the same starters as last yr...just as we did with Mcrae in lineup...with BO and Augustine..and likely the kid we drafted we don't "need" Mcrae on the roster...Augudosi as a big target and a red zone nightmare serves more usefulness and purpose than Mcrae doing limited reps

My guess secondary to start the season barring injury will be Rose and Lawrence on corners...Nichols and either one of Parker and Houston as the other halfback/6th guy...unless some new rookie pulls an Alford/Nicole....and we roll with that unless someone is stinking up the joint...

Biggie resting I think is to get a good look at some of the imports brought in..we know what he can do and I've seen him and BA training a lot and he don't look injured to me

Wilson too ..tho I wouldn't be upset to see one those new guys brought in take the camp by storm and make it impossible to let him go

8 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

People need to keep in mind that Grant can see the field on offence replacing a Canadian for up to 49% of the snaps.

I think the only thing that has limited Grant getting on the field has been his ineffectiveness while doing so, not his passport.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I think the only thing that has limited Grant getting on the field has been his ineffectiveness while doing so, not his passport.

Grant has been pretty successful with his handful of gadget plays they package for him. He's not an every down receiver though and we don't want to double duty him too much because he is such a game breaker as a returner.

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Is that because of the sheer quality of the Bombers receiving corps though? Cause that's a pretty hard group to crack.

Partly, for sure. We have no fringe receiver spots available.

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Another day off for Biggie today.

Biggie will be getting a ton of days off. We need him fresh and ready for the season. It would be irresponsible of coaching and management to work him hard in TC. He literally has nothing to prove and why risk injury.

Edited by GCn20

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

At this point, he's basically a coach... except on game day

I was waiting to read all the new posts in this thread before I posted this exact thing... he's a Player/Coach now. I'm sure at some point they'll need to get him some reps, just to get into the swing of things.... but it's likely more important to evaluate the new guys at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was waiting to read all the new posts in this thread before I posted this exact thing... he's a Player/Coach now. I'm sure at some point they'll need to get him some reps, just to get into the swing of things.... but it's likely more important to evaluate the new guys at this point. 

For sure. Biggie is a manimal. His conditioning is superb, and he will only need the last week of camp to knock the offseason rust off.

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

Am I the only one who has no idea what to expect regarding our roster this year because of all the new rules regarding Canadian eligibility? Lol 

Honestly I don’t think any one is prepared.  The league couldn’t keep the cats following the old ratio I don’t know how the league plans to enforce all this stuff with various subs and injuries. I expect some teams will cheat their face off until the league cracks down and maybe comes up with an easier way to moderate it. 

48 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Honestly I don’t think any one is prepared.  The league couldn’t keep the cats following the old ratio I don’t know how the league plans to enforce all this stuff with various subs and injuries. I expect some teams will cheat their face off until the league cracks down and maybe comes up with an easier way to moderate it. 

Walters said he is taking a "wait and see attitude", he is not making any plans to implement the new ratio rules until he sees what other teams are doing with them.