Bombers Rookie Camp/Training Camp/Pre-Season Thread

38 minutes ago, the watcher said:

When the biggest discussion about training camp is the depth of the press coverage , that tells me the Bombers are a damn good team going into camp.

Sure….but this has nothing to do with the team and has been an issue with both good versions of the bombers and bad.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

This is also kind of the **** I’m talking about … as per CFL aka he read the transactions page. But what’s the story behind this? Is it a paper move because they don’t want to 6-game him? Are they planning to bring him back? Is he just not in the plans? Is he retiring?

Low effort. Seems like all you need to report on the CFL these days is to just browse their website and be able to say you went to a practice.

the wr we added in all these moves Braxton Westfield. 6’4 205 4.5 40 37” vert 10’7 broad jump. Red shirt on an naia title team then went down to d2 to play. Physical specimen, productive in d2 but looked open by a mile all the time could’ve used higher competition levels. Very interesting none the less. 

MOS Jr. released - so that ends that storyline.

Maybe he can grab a spot elsewhere. 

11 hours ago, Mike said:

This is also kind of the **** I’m talking about … as per CFL aka he read the transactions page. But what’s the story behind this? Is it a paper move because they don’t want to 6-game him? Are they planning to bring him back? Is he just not in the plans? Is he retiring?

Low effort. Seems like all you need to report on the CFL these days is to just browse their website and be able to say you went to a practice.

Exactly. No context. 

Schoen has been beasting out here today. Pretty much uncoverable the way he uses his body and speed. It's not even just his speed, it's that he works the same way at the top of the route as the bottom.

Sometimes it's like he wants the DB to run with him so that he knows when to break away. 

Edited by BBlink

Just got back from practice. Got there a little late, left a little early. Thought I'd write up some notes with the obvious disclaimer that I have no idea what I'm talking about. But people are hungry for Bomber stuff. So here goes.

• Evan Holm and Dalton Schoen are working their butts off out there. Nice to see.
  • Holm both looks extremely athletic and technically sound. He made a play on the ball most times he lined up
  • Brian Cole and DeJuan Cooper stand out as guys who have a physical presence but also move really well
  • Brian Cole had an interception in skeleton
  • Demski made Darby look like a pylon on one play in the one-on-ones
  • Schoen works hard every play and catches the ball every play. Lawler makes things look easy.
  • Early on it looked like Collaros was trying to work on his timing with Lawler. Nichols jumped a route and nearly picked off the pass but dropped it and I *think* Lawler ended up with it as he was lying on the ground
  • Winston Rose matched up against Lawler a couple times. I think one time Lawler fell down and Rose got the pick. Another time Lawler backed Rose off about 10 yards and was wide open.
  • One guy that really stands out because of his diminutive stature is #22 Dominick Fiscelli. Caught a bunch of balls in skelly in the middle of the field. 5'9" but is obviously pretty quick.
  • Jake Kelly (canadian DB) ran pretty good with Schoen one time
  • Kickers might have done something near the end of practice after we left...but up until that point they were just lounging around..or helping out with setting up drills for other positions. One thing I noted is that our veteran kickers are noticeably smaller than the new guys. I was hoping to get to see them in action
Edited by BBlink