2023 NHL Playoffs Thread

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Tkachuk wins it for the Panthers at 19:47 in 4OT. Sixth longest playoff game in NHL history.

Grit goes a long way.

I saw the top 10 list. Where are all those 80s90s Islander games I remember?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Tkachuk wins it for the Panthers at 19:47 in 4OT. Sixth longest playoff game in NHL history.

I was there until the final whistle. Proud of my fellow Canes fans who never stopped yelling and cheering; we were all emotionally drained. Such a shame could not find the winner. I think if we lose game 2, could be all she wrote.

9 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Wow Canes swept but only losing each game by 1 goal. That's gotta hurt.

It ******* sucks tbh friend. I really thought this was gonna be another SC run for us, but just could not do enough in the crucial moments. Fair play to Florida, hope they go on and win it.

13 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Wow Canes swept but only losing each game by 1 goal. That's gotta hurt.

Reminded me of the Jets a lot, just lacking that killer instinct when it counts, while good old Matt T. seems to know exactly when to sink that knife in.  What a run for that guy.  I totally couldn't stand him in Calgary but man does Pa Ma have him playing disciplined smart hockey right now.   Florida must be loving it that Dallas won tonight, extra two nights off, which at this time of year, are freaking gold.

Animated GIF

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Canes panthers very similar to the Jets Oilers sweep a couple seasons ago 

Bob like Helle went God mode

Only the third series ever to be a sweep with all four games won by a single goal. Habs-Sabres in 1993 (3OT games, all 4-3 score) and Anaheim-Detroit in 2003 (with a double OT and an OT game). Jets-Oilers was tight too, with three OT wins (one in triple OT) and the Jets win 4-1 but with 2 empty netters in that one. 

• 2 weeks later...