2023 NHL Playoffs Thread

4 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I'm honestly shocked of how well the Kraken are playing.   2nd year team, and they win their first playoff series taking out the defending cup champs.  Wouldn't it be something if Seattle and Florida meet in the final this year?   Lowry vs Maurice.  Maybe it's not just the coaches that were a problem in Winnipeg... 

It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me...

RRJ37LIEDBBCPAXEG7IRRQ4B6Y.jpg

21 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I'm honestly shocked of how well the Kraken are playing.   2nd year team, and they win their first playoff series taking out the defending cup champs.  Wouldn't it be something if Seattle and Florida meet in the final this year?   Lowry vs Maurice.  Maybe it's not just the coaches that were a problem in Winnipeg... 

I had this conversation last night. Would love to see a Panther's v Kraken final. My wife asked "You won't support a CDN team?" Not if it's the Leafs or Oilers...

Just now, GCJenks said:

I had this conversation last night. Would love to see a Panther's v Kraken final. My wife asked "You won't support a CDN team?" Not if it's the Leafs or Oilers...

Plenty of Canadians on both of those teams. 

23 hours ago, BomberBall said:

The Leafs - Panthers series is obviously not over yet, but you have to love how it’s going.  I guarantee Leaf fans figured they’d coast to the Stanley Cup final with both Tampa and Boston gone.  It puts a smile on my face every time I think about it.

I have never understood thinking and statements like 'it is now wide open' - many media pundits love saying that.

Fact: the teams that eliminate the favourites, must be pretty solid competitors too. 

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I have never understood thinking and statements like 'it is now wide open' - many media pundits love saying that.

Fact: the teams that eliminate the favourites, must be pretty solid competitors too. 

It also supports yet once again just make the damn playoffs no matter the seeding then anything can happen. (Except for the Jets of course).

Florida yes, Kracken Fing no, Boring team to watch. What will be worse is a Vegas final with those insufferable Vegas fans and their goofy Vegas home game vaudeville acts, ugh. Two expansion teams that have bought their way ( with the full backing of Bettman) to success.

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

What will be worse is a Vegas final with those insufferable Vegas fans and their goofy Vegas home game vaudeville acts, ugh. Two expansion teams that have bought their way ( with the full backing of Bettman) to success.

Except that Vegas is currently having their way with a team - that has some of the highest paid players in the league. 

Knights were at like 102 million cap vs the Jets. Jets were just below the max of like 84 or whatever it Is. 

Seattle Florida would end the nhl. 

Nobody would watch  

Jets probably wishing instead of buying a team they got to pick who they wanted like Vegas and Seattle too. Seattle has no real superstars Altho Eberle and Beniers are, but they are a group of guys who just work hard. 

Would be nice if the Jets had a team who just works hard 

Ppl praising Seattle were shitting on Francis when he chose the team tho so things change dramatically 

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Classic move by the NHL to even up the suspensions.  Because what Nurse did should be punished the same as what Pietrangelo did.  Good grief, they just keep getting it wrong.

Embarrassing. That was a slimy move by Pietrangelo the other night and should've warranted a few games.

It's been obvious for years the league doesn't actually give a **** about the safety and wellbeing of players, though.

Edited by blue_gold_84