2023 NHL Playoffs Thread

17 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

They also drafted Nurse (7th overall in 2013), Draisaitl (3rd overall in 2014), and Puljujarvi (4th overall in 2016). 

2017 (Yamamoto at 10th overall) was the first time since 2008 (Eberle at 22nd overall) where they didn't have a draft pick in the top 10. They had top 10 picks in 2018 (Bouchard at 10th overall) and 2019 (Broberg at 8th overall), too.

Model franchise.

Not that the Jets would fair much better but imagine if the NHL operated like European football.

The Oilers would have had to claw there way out of being relegated to a senior men's hockey league.

Okay enough about the Oilers, Leafs suck.

https://thehockeywriters.com/10-biggest-oilers-draft-busts-since-2000/

I still remember there were posters here who thought that we should take Poolparty over Laine.  LOL

Yakupov is hands down not only the Oilers biggest draft bust but the one of the most notorious first overall bust in NHL history. He’s right up there with Alexandre Daigle and Patrik Stefan. Yakupov was pegged to be a perennial 40-goal scorer when he was drafted. Scouts loved his scoring prowess and ability to do things at high speed.

This looked like a runaway pick for the Oilers. At the time they had Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle, and now a pure sniper in Yakupov. All the building blocks were supposed to be there. Yakupov had an impressive rookie season scoring 17 goals and 31 points in 48 games. He finished fifth in Calder Trophy voting and had 11 first-place votes on the ballot.

I'm still so pissed and frustrated that Hartman got one lousy meaningless game suspension scores an OT winner against Dallas while Ehlers watches from the sidelines.

Ref called it interference, Wild called it retribution, Bieska called it sneaky dirty, I call it intent to injure that should come with a lot more consequence. I would be saying the exact same thing if a Jet did something like this.

Brutal.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it'll never happen, but my goodness how wonderful would it be to see Boston get upset in the first round.... kick the anthill but good. Everything just wide ******* open.....

I have a four-pack of craft beer on the line, so I'm hoping it happens. Last night was a convincing win for the Panthers and should put the regular season champs on notice.

Five game series now.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

That Florida coach is pretty good. 🙂

I am, and have always been, a big PaMo fan, so I'm definitely cheering for him....... hoping he can find a way! 

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I have a four-pack of craft beer on the line, so I'm hoping it happens. Last night was a convincing win for the Panthers and should put the regular season champs on notice.

Five game series now.

but.......which beer?? Inquiring minds need to know...