2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

41 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Should have deleted them for sure, but in fairness to Ballsy these tweets are 3 years old and he is right. In 2019, Harris was easily the most over rated QB in the CFL. In 2023, I don't think many people regard him as a top calibre QB anymore. In 2019 people were talking him up as the MOP even though his red zone % and win % were awful.

VAJ was also getting MOP talk that year so bad takes were not limited to Harris by any means.    The fact that Fajardo got the West nomination shows what kind of sh***y year it was across the league... thankfully the playoffs corrected that and all ended as it should have!

31 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

VAJ was also getting MOP talk that year so bad takes were not limited to Harris by any means.    The fact that Fajardo got the West nomination shows what kind of sh***y year it was across the league... thankfully the playoffs corrected that and all ended as it should have!

Until Harris got hurt in mid-September, he was leading the league in passing yards by a pretty healthy margin and was tied for second in passing TDs - on a pretty lousy team. IIRC, every starting QB in the west save Fajardo was injured that season.

Consequently, QB nominations for MOP in 2019 were laughable, hence the overrated putz one representing the west when all was said and done. 

I love it when Ballsy and Ballsy alone makes himself look like the biggest homer ever.

43 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Until Harris got hurt in mid-September, he was leading the league in passing yards by a pretty healthy margin and was tied for second in passing TDs - on a pretty lousy team. IIRC, every starting QB in the west save Fajardo was injured that season.

Consequently, QB nominations for MOP in 2019 were laughable, hence the overrated putz one representing the west when all was said and done. 

I love it when Ballsy and Ballsy alone makes himself look like the biggest homer ever.

Harris's stats were just a great big red herring in 2019, just as they were last year. His team was losing more than they won and he had a bad penchant for throwing the game losing interception, or failing to come up with points when the team needed them most. He racked up a ton of garbage time stats in 2019.

44 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Harris's stats were just a great big red herring in 2019, just as they were last year. His team was losing more than they won and he had a bad penchant for throwing the game losing interception, or failing to come up with points when the team needed them most. He racked up a ton of garbage time stats in 2019.

Stats are a "red herring" but you then go on to use his INTs (a stat) to prop up your argument he was costing his team games.

Pick a lane. You sound like Terry.

Edited by blue_gold_84
maybe that was uncalled for - apologies

15 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Stats are a "red herring" but you then go on to use his INTs (a stat) to prop up your argument he was costing his team games.

Pick a lane. You sound like Terry.

What stats did I use? None. YOU sound like Terry. Stats are numbers, I didn't use any just observations on how he played and when he played that way. By even the loosest definition that is not a stat. Get it right if you're going to be a jerk off.

Not sure why you are laughing when you are so obviously wrong?

I was giving context as to why one should look beyond the stats. He threw 6 interceptions that year against 16 TDs. Looks great if you look solely at the stat. The context tells a different story as 4 of those interceptions led to the oppositions game winning points. Hence, my argument that his stats are a red herring. You should learn to tell the difference between a stat and someone giving context to a stat before you start running your mouth about lanes and comparisons to Terry.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Count me in the minority that wouldn't be the slightest surprised if Harris still has some good football left to show us.

...now whether he is able to display that in this season's edition of the Riders... I'm skeptical.

Harris plays great against the East. Not so much against the West. That is time proven. I don't doubt that an Argo fan would think he is the bees knees...you are one of the only teams he regularly and historically shreds.

Edited by GCn20

I really hate to agree with Bluto, but I mostly agree. I think Harris is capable of playing decent football with the right tools, but that Riders team is such a total garbage fire, that I'm not sure he'll be able to show what he's got left. I know the Gappers are thinking that it's going to be the same story as Collaros's redemption with us, but a) Collaros was younger and b) We had a MUCH better team (especially OL) around him. 

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

What stats did I use? None. YOU sound like Terry. Stats are numbers, I didn't use any just observations on how he played and when he played that way. By even the loosest definition that is not a stat. Get it right if you're going to be a jerk off.

Interceptions.

You claimed he "had a penchant for throwing a game-losing INT" but of his six picks thrown during the 2019 season, only one occurred in the fourth quarter (8:18 in week 6 vs. MTL). 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I really hate to agree with Bluto, but I mostly agree. I think Harris is capable of playing decent football with the right tools, but that Riders team is such a total garbage fire, that I'm not sure he'll be able to show what he's got left. I know the Gappers are thinking that it's going to be the same story as Collaros's redemption with us, but a) Collaros was younger and b) We had a MUCH better team (especially OL) around him. 

No in-his-prime Andrew Harris, either.

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hey there are lots of tools on that rider team

Riders are counting on Harris to go 1 2 throw... 1 2 throw.. 1 2 throw... cuz with that oline he ain't getting to 3

Dude was a good QB in Toronto and has been capable but his oline in Saskatchewan looks to be the worst he's had. 

He knows it. They gotta know it.. 1 2 throw 

Just now, Goalie said:

Riders are counting on Harris to go 1 2 throw... 1 2 throw.. 1 2 throw... cuz with that oline he ain't getting to 3

Dude was a good QB in Toronto and has been capable but his oline in Saskatchewan looks to be the worst he's had. 

He knows it. They gotta know it.. 1 2 throw 

Kill em with 3 to 5 yard passes and hope for the YAC 

Edited by Goalie

Harris will prob put up the empty hollow yards like he did with the Schmoes now he back in the West...good between the 25 yards lines...but limited TD's...especially with a receiving group that doesn't have a game breaker who can score from any point on the field....and oh yeah that O-line and less than par coaching staff...who's the O.C again??

On 2023-03-13 at 2:11 PM, bluto said:

Count me in the minority that wouldn't be the slightest surprised if Harris still has some good football left to show us.

...now whether he is able to display that in this season's edition of the Riders... I'm skeptical.

If put in the right situation I could see it. But if mtl wasn’t enough idk what would aside from here or maybe to. 

On 2023-03-13 at 4:42 PM, Booch said:

Harris will prob put up the empty hollow yards like he did with the Schmoes now he back in the West...good between the 25 yards lines...but limited TD's...especially with a receiving group that doesn't have a game breaker who can score from any point on the field....and oh yeah that O-line and less than par coaching staff...who's the O.C again??

He might set a record for sacks against with that ol. 

I don’t get the fascination with having an east coast team. 10 teams border to border doesn’t add any thing. But having an expansive team flop in a couple years because they don’t have the owners market size infrastructure etc would be a big blow. Not to mention the possibility of a team playing in a 10-15kish stadium that’s half empty.