2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

39 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

The Bombers apparently were also in on Desjarlais per Hodge.

I know they were...but it was a fixed offer and no back and forth...was this is what we can do....you know the organization and guys...and we have good chance of playoff money.....and Ott basically were the dumb dumbs to blow the wad and rape another position on their squad

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Drew is worlds better than suhk. Suhk was good on a great line desjarlais was great on a great line

Heart breaking. Though gray Dobson and Eli is a ton of depth. 

Is it crazy money yeah, but if you are gonna give a crazy money contract out I’d give it to a 25 year old with rings fresh off the nfl who happens to be the best at his position in the cfl and is an ni. Far better than giving lawler 300k imo. Or giving blm 500k+ 

that was more exposed after the fact tho...nobody really saw that, or said that until after the fact

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

"it's believed one other team offered more money than the Redblacks" - Tim Baines

lol. Wonder who?

you know damn well who...lol....

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Drew is worlds better than suhk. Suhk was good on a great line desjarlais was great on a great line. 

Heart breaking. Though gray Dobson and Eli is a ton of depth. 

Is it crazy money yeah, but if you are gonna give a crazy money contract out I’d give it to a 25 year old with rings fresh off the nfl who happens to be the best at his position in the cfl and is an ni. Far better than giving lawler 300k imo. Or giving blm 500k+ 

thats the only spot I would over pay a bit as well at O-line...not sure the makeup of their SMS but at quick glance can be doable there....for us to have done that would likely been a choice...Demski or Desjarlais....and its a quick answer of Demski all day considering what we have at O-line for interior depth, and the fact last year we did pretty damn good once Gray established himself and were evn still using a 6th/7th type oline guy at center....for the most part....

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Poor Jake Maier... In theory. 

even tho I doubt he would have went back to Sask anyway based on how it went last time...thats one more guy who is off the list as potential help thee who would have been a huge upgrade for them...

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I know they were...but it was a fixed offer and no back and forth...was this is what we can do....you know the organization and guys...and we have good chance of playoff money.....and Ott basically were the dumb dumbs to blow the wad and rape another position on their squad

that was more exposed after the fact tho...nobody really saw that, or said that until after the fact

you know damn well who...lol....

thats the only spot I would over pay a bit as well at O-line...not sure the makeup of their SMS but at quick glance can be doable there....for us to have done that would likely been a choice...Demski or Desjarlais....and its a quick answer of Demski all day considering what we have at O-line for interior depth, and the fact last year we did pretty damn good once Gray established himself and were evn still using a 6th/7th type oline guy at center....for the most part....

even tho I doubt he would have went back to Sask anyway based on how it went last time...thats one more guy who is off the list as potential help thee who would have been a huge upgrade for them...

Agree. That’s kind of the nature of guards and why they don’t stand much of a chance at mol. 
probably right I can’t imagine us adding 300k to our sms for interior ol. Demski lawler lots of guys could have a bigger impact. 
Still sad. 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

So who becomes our C if Couture leaves?

Eli. Dobson could back up as well. 

Re: Derek Dennis,

I think he had a really solid shot at MOL last year had he not broken his leg, he was having an extremely good year… however that’s a couple bad injuries in the last few years. Might see a significant step back this year. 

Or, like Bryant, maybe he’s just technically very sound and will play at a high level for a long time.

36 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Couture to BC 

TO will re-sign their Centre 

Gappers remain status quo 

To be fair though- Free Agency doesn't start until Feb 14th... we can freely **** on them about dithering if they do nothing then. Right now it seems like kicking a wet sack of kittens. 

Them missing out on Desjarlais... yeah- they massively whiffed on that one. Inexcusable. 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't think Dennis is particularly great.... A VERY poor man's Stan The Boy Bryant..... but yes, it would have been an upgrade on that atrocious Sask line. 

Dennis is more than solid. Hard to compare him against a the GOAT. But there were many speculating pre injury that he was the MOOL.

40 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yes and no. I remember reading posts on here about his lack of pass protection. His run game blocking was solid though.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Dennis is more than solid. Hard to compare him against a the GOAT. But there were many speculating pre injury that he was the MOOL.

He was not the MOOL. The only people saying that were just suffering fatigue of so many years of Stan and wanted something different just because.... 

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

So who becomes our C if Couture leaves?

Eli.....Thats his natural position and prior to his injury w a top 3 NCAA center prospect for the NFL....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Kolankowski is the C with Eli backing up.....IF Couture leaves.... 

Doubt it....Kolo is adequate at best....and has reached potential....gets out muscled and pushed around too much to be "the guy" He benefited much like Chunhg before he left here by great teamates..scheme and environment...and you have to remember...what is he..like 31..32 going into this yr?...career journeyman back up who landed in right situation here...he will be the depth 6th guy as he can play guard/center and only if he beats out Dobson which I dont see happening

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

My guess is Couture is gone and the Bombers know it, which is likely why Eli was brought back.

cap casualty to maintain other pieces...and smart move by Walters....we showed last yr that we can perform without Couture at center, and this yr will be with Eli who is head and shoulder better than Kolo, and likely will be better than Couture.....we got several good yrs out of him, but need to know who and when with your roster to move on from to keep the more important pieces here

Just now, bearpants said:

I'm thinking it's the other way around... Eli was likely brought back to start... but I'm not going to pretend I'm anything of an O-line expert

Once he gets his groove back...will be the dominant center in the league

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Trevor Harris apparently headed to free agency. Wonder if the gappers take a swing..........and a miss.

He's number 3 on this list, behind Kelly (2) and Evans (1): https://3downnation.com/2023/01/30/ranking-the-10-likeliest-candidates-to-quarterback-the-saskatchewan-roughriders-in-2023/

I don't take any of that very seriously, though.