2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Iverson never won anything and Lewis wasn’t the MVP 

But if he can get paid he should 

He was already the third highest paid receiver in the league last season behind Lawler and Duke Williams, both are looking at taking a lot less this year.  I think he's making a lot of noise but probably misreading the market trend.

12 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I came here for Bomber news and found "How BLM signing with the Ticats affects the Riders". SMH

Wrong thread... This is non Bomber news.

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

He was already the third highest paid receiver in the league last season behind Lawler and Duke Williams, both are looking at taking a lot less this year.  I think he's making a lot of noise but probably misreading the market trend.

Nah, the way I see it, Lawler & Lewis will get $300 grand. Duke is a waste of a roster space but someone will sign him. Probably Chris Jones. 

15 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Iverson never won anything and Lewis wasn’t the MVP 

But if he can get paid he should 

He's talked openly about wanting to be a "franchise player" - so definitely wants to be PAID.

But he's also taking initiative, reaching out to management, trying to be involved with the organization and do promotions and get in the community, etc. But apparently no one is giving him that opportunity. 

So it's either a massive fail by the Als to not use him as a marketing flag or a clear sign that they have no interest in meeting him at his price point (but you'd think they'd just be clear with him - so seems like a fail either way).

yeah....and even if he did wait to F.A...he still would have signed in Ham...That Ball less guy is just a turd paid by the Riders...much like most on RF.com....Interesting to see who they trot out as starter this summer...and how long it takes for them to be pounded into Drew Willy 2.0

8 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Jesus Christ.  Sask dumps one PbP homer looney for 2 years only to hire another as soon as someone normal leaves.

but that's the point, really, isn't it? The only way you can REALLY be the PBP vox in Sask is to be off the deep end like this...

Interesting (don't hate me) info from a riderfans poster regarding FA signings last year:

Last year 141 pending FAs extended with their old teams while 65 would sign with new teams after becoming free agents. 89 more either never signed anywhere or were picked up well after free agency opened up. Of the 141 who did stay put 20 signed before the end of December, 65 signed between Jan 1 and the opening of the legal tampering window, 49 extended during the tampering window including the first day of free agency. 6 more opted to re-sign with their old teams in the 2 weeks following becoming free agents. We are still 11 days away from the tampering window opening. Last year 80 of the 141 or 56.7% signed in the period from 11 days before the tampering window opening and the start of free agency. There were some very big names amongst those 80.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Some fun stuff going on here......

The family decision is that they won’t  live in Regina and want their main income generator to be not broken in half. 

The Gap has literally no appeal outside of over pay. If the guy has comparable options he is going elsewhere. 

Edited by Geebrr

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Interesting (don't hate me) info from a riderfans poster regarding FA signings last year:

Last year 141 pending FAs extended with their old teams while 65 would sign with new teams after becoming free agents. 89 more either never signed anywhere or were picked up well after free agency opened up. Of the 141 who did stay put 20 signed before the end of December, 65 signed between Jan 1 and the opening of the legal tampering window, 49 extended during the tampering window including the first day of free agency. 6 more opted to re-sign with their old teams in the 2 weeks following becoming free agents. We are still 11 days away from the tampering window opening. Last year 80 of the 141 or 56.7% signed in the period from 11 days before the tampering window opening and the start of free agency. There were some very big names amongst those 80.

That sure is a lot of math for a gapper…

21 hours ago, Noeller said:

Geno Smith apparently not happy with the Als and is going to the highest bidder....

Now THAT would be huge pick up for the Als...

2 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Jesus Christ.  Sask dumps one PbP homer looney for 2 years only to hire another as soon as someone normal leaves.

Ball make Rod look impartial....

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

but that's the point, really, isn't it? The only way you can REALLY be the PBP vox in Sask is to be off the deep end like this...

Tried to listen to the Sports Cage yesterday to hear Ball's take on BLM signing in Hamilton, he went on and on through numerous guests trying to justify past statements he's made that didn't work out.  Even Luc Mullinder refuted his claims with a little common sense.  I'm not sure he even believes most of the **** he's spewing, it's more or less theatrics to draw ears and try to keep his job.

Edited by Fatty Liver

16 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I'm not sure he even believes most of the **** he's spewing, it's more or less theatrics to draw ears and try to keep his job.

What I know of the situation (Western Canadian radio is a small world and everyone knows everyone, to a degree), he is a RABID Riders fan who's wanted the PBP gig for a very very long time. I think he's legit in his beliefs, for what that's worth.